New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Reminder to all F1 enthusiasts. This is the final race for 2008 and the deciding race between leaders LH and FM, with the former leading by 7 championship points in the WDC.... Ferrari on the other hand is leading McLaren by 11 championship points in the Constructor's Championship...

Qualifying (Sunday, 2Nov) at 12:01AM -
    Race Day (Monday, 3Nov) at 1:00AM

6909:seehearspeak:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I just received a text message from a friend that the Qualifying will be telecast at 3:30AM and not the scheduled 12midnight.... Pag wala (in a few minutes),- tulog na lang ako....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Qualifying Results

1 F. Massa Ferrari 1:12.368
    2 J. Trulli Toyota 1:12.737
    3 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:12.825
    4 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:12.830
    5 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:12.917
    6 F. Alonso Renault 1:12.967
    7 S. Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:13.082
    8 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:13.297
    9 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:14.105
    10 T. Glock Toyota 1:14.230
    11 N. Piquet jr. Renault 1:12.137
    12 M. Webber Red Bull 1:12.289
    13 R. Kubica BMW 1:12.300
    14 D. Coulthard Red Bull 1:12.717
    15 R. Barrichello Honda 1:13.139
    16 K. Nakajima Williams 1:12.800
    17 J. Button Honda 1:12.810
    18 N. Rosberg Williams 1:13.002
    19 G. Fisichella Force India F1 1:13.426
    20 A. Sutil Force India F1 1:13.508

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It will be an exciting race tomorrow morning. I am sure HK will run wingman for LH as FA is just within striking distance of repeating last year's memorable wheel-to-wheel banging on the first few corners....

OT: Pagpupuyatan ko ito malamang, at bukas sa opisina ay paniguradong kailangang lakad ng lakad at inom ng inom ng kape...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well Done Lewis Hamilton! You beat everything that was put in your path,on and off the Track. Worthy champion at such a young age and may there be many more, congratulations!

Last word for LH: fantastic girlfriend!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Whew! I missed the excitement early this morning. I have to hit the bed at 2:40AM with 17 laps to go as LH is secured at 5th place and there appeared to be no chance that FM will win the WDC.

Anyway, I read the news this morning at www.formula1.com and there was a drama in the closing laps because it rained and the leaders pitted for the wet weather tyres (except TG). On the 70th lap, LH who was on 5th place slid wide and SV grabbed the 5th place, effectively pushing back LH to 6th (and with this position he is bound to lose the WDC). However, they caught up with TG who was still on dry weather tyres, on the last corner of the last lap and both of them overtook him. So, LH finished 5th and that's all he needed to win the WDC!

Congratulations to LH!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Here is the news at www.formula1.com:

Massa victorious, Hamilton champion after nail-biting finish in Brazil

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton is the 30th - and youngest-ever - world champion. Lady Luck was on his side after title rival Felipe Massa dominated at Interlagos. The Brazilian crossed the line first after a pluperfect performance - and seemed to have achieved the impossible - as Hamilton trailed in sixth.

Rain in the closing stages had prompted the first five - Massa, Renault’s Fernando Alonso, Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen, Hamilton and Toro Rosso’s Sebastian Vettel - to pit for wet tyres. Crucially, Timo Glock, running sixth for Toyota, did not.

Massa, Alonso and Raikkonen resumed in first to third places, but Hamilton and Vettel fell behind Glock. That was still good enough for Hamilton. But then, under pressure on the 70th lap, he made a crucial mistake and slid wide. It was all Vettel needed and the Toro Rosso driver pushed through to snatch away the fifth place that Hamilton needed to become champion.

Even as Massa crossed the line, Hamilton was only sixth and the Brazilian was the champion. But as Vettel and Hamilton slammed out of the final corner, Glock’s Toyota was slowing in front of them, the German struggling for grip on his increasingly unsuitable rubber. From the jaws of defeat, the British driver snatched back the crown in one of the most dramatic title deciders in history. No Hollywood script could have been more exciting.

Rain at the start had added to the drama, and saw Red Bull’s David Coulthard make an undignified exit from his last Grand Prix after he was tapped into a spin by Williams’ Nico Rosberg, which then involved Rosberg’s team mate Kazuki Nakajima. Coulthard was out on the spot, while Renault’s Nelson Piquet went off in Turn Three and was also out.

Massa controlled things throughout, with Toyota’s Jarno Trulli soon falling back from an initially strong second-place run as everyone began changing from wet to dry-weather tyres after seven laps. Vettel, running a different fuel strategy to the other leaders, was always a threat, running second ahead of Alonso and pressuring Massa several times before stopping earlier for fuel. Raikkonen ran some way behind this trio, but closed in rapidly on Alonso in the final stages and was close to him as Massa crossed the line 13.2s ahead.

Hamilton took few chances, was always around fourth or fifth, and looked easily on target until that dramatic battle at the end. Glock finished sixth, limping across the line well ahead of McLaren’s Heikki Kovalainen, and Trulli, the final points scorers.

Mark Webber brought his Red Bull home ninth, ahead of the BMW Saubers of Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica, the team thus failing to score for the first time in 2008. Rosberg was 12th ahead of Honda’s Jenson Button, Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Bourdais (whose chances of points were ruined after a clash with Trulli in Turn One), Honda’s Rubens Barrichello, Force India’s Adrian Sutil, Nakajima and Giancarlo Fisichella. The Italian Force India driver was the first to stop for dry tyres on Lap Two, and ran as high as fifth before the inevitable decline as faster machinery hit its stride.

After those gripping final laps there was almost disbelief at McLaren as Hamilton scraped home, but Massa had that covered as he graciously conceded defeat.

“We need to congratulate Lewis,” he said. “He did a great championship, and he scored more points than us, so deserves to be champion.”

Ferrari’s consolation was to win the constructors’ world championship but, ultimately, and in the most dramatic circumstances imaginable, this was Lewis Hamilton’s and McLaren’s day.
    FM could have easily won the WDC were if not for the engine problem in Hungaroring and the pitstop fiasco in Singapore (he was leading both races)...(Ferrari's issues)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    It's time ferrari start killing their pit crew, stupid singapore mistake cost FM his world title. 98-97 is a very exciting close fight, well done LH bravo for FM. Sana naman ferrari pick FM as their main gun for the 2009 season...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Salamat Toyota!...grrr

Last lap drama for Timo Glock

Timo Glock unwittingly decided who would be the 2008 Formula One World champion. He and the Toyota team gambled and stayed on track in the closing stages of the Brazilian Grand Prix and running fourth at the start of the final lap, it seemed that Felipe Massa would be the champion.

Glock however was struggling mightily on the dry weather tyres as the rain continued to fall. The final turn of the final lap saw both Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton breeze by with ease and the title fell to the McLaren driver. Glock took the chequered flag in sixth position and ends his first full season tenth in the championship standings.

Timo Glock
    "I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap. Finishing in the top six is a decent result for me because I'd been struggling with the car earlier in the weekend but we were very close to fourth place so I am a bit disappointed."

"It's the end of my first season with Toyota and I'm happy with it as a whole.

It was not easy for me early on but we improved the car a lot and I also improved myself during the year. Since Hockenheim it's been positive for me; beating my target of 20 points and finishing on the podium as well is a good achievement. Now we have to work even harder for next year to make another step forward."

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Salamat Toyota!...grrr

Yup! Too early a celebration.....

Little did they know that the last corner of the last lap in that race will be history in the making......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Formula 1 grande premio do brasil 2008