New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Meron din pa lang F1 driver na hindi nababayaran. Kaya cguro hindi din maganda performance ni iceman.
    Kimi always does his best. He brought that turd onto the podium in the last race. If there's anyone to blame for the car underperforming, it's Lotus itself.

-

Imagine Kimi + Alonso in Ferrari. +0.5 seconds from Alonso, +0.5 seconds from Kimi... they'll be faster than everyone else.

And then -3 seconds due to Domencali's management... whoops. :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    New Jersey included on 22 race 2014 calendar

At its meeting in Dubrovnik, Croatia, the FIA's World Motor Sport Council confirmed that a new Concorde Agreement with the Formula One Group is operative, Pirelli is to remain the sport's sole tyre supplier and the provisional 2014 calendar.

As confirmed earlier today the framework for the implementation of the 2013 Concorde Agreement has now come into force. This provides the FIA with significantly improved financial means to pursue its regulatory missions and to reflect the enhanced role undertaken by the FIA in motor sport.

The parties have agreed a strong and stable sporting governance framework which includes the Formula One Group, the FIA and the participating teams. The agreement lays down solid foundations for the further development of the FIA Formula One World Championship.

Having congratulated the FIA President, Jean Todt, for the successful conclusion to the negotiations, the WMSC members also accepted his proposal to create a new task force, after the FIA Presidential Election, charged with proposing the allocation of the additional financial resources for the FIA and its membership.

One of the noteworthy aspects of the new 2013 Concorde Agreement is the new tender procedure for appointing single suppliers in the tyre and fuel categories, for the FIA F1 World Championship.

In this new process, the FIA will be confirmed as the body in charge of conducting the tender process. The Commercial Rights Holder will be entitled to run the commercial negotiations with potential suppliers, with a view to the selected single supplier being officially appointed by the WMSC.

In order to cover the transition period and considering the contracts already settled by FOM and the Teams with Pirelli, the WMSC confirmed that Pirelli may continue to supply tyres to competitors in Formula One, subject to the requisite technical and safety standards of the FIA being met.

While confirmation of Pirelli as the sport's sole tyre supplier was a mere formality, talk of a single fuel supplier is sure to raise eyebrows along the pitlane with teams enjoying individual, often highly profitable, partnerships with their own suppliers, Ferrari with Shell, Mercedes with Petronas, Red Bull and Lotus with Total and Williams with PDVSA being prime examples.

Source: New Jersey included on 22 race 2014 calendar - Pitpass.com

2 GP's in the US next year plus Mexico.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

And then -3 seconds due to Domencali's management... whoops. :hysterical:
    Hahaha! Dami nagsasabi na umalis na siya ng ferrari.

On f1 news:

"We can afford to be patient - to ask the candidates to wait as we formulate our strategy for the coming years - and I hope not to have to take into account commercial considerations when making decisions on drivers because we have worked hard to build our financial strength without having to rely on sponsorship from a driver. We want the strongest line-up possible to continue the progress made in recent seasons; that is the priority."

http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsp...ry/127051.html

Lotus BS!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    James Hunt: Clash Of The Titans - Lauda Vs Hunt - YouTube

BBC documentary on James Hunt vs. Niki Lauda

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Minardi questions legality of Vettel's RB9

Former Formula 1 team-owner Giancarlo Minardi has questioned why Sebastian Vettel was so dominant in Singapore and just how he managed to outpace team-mate Mark Webber in a supposedly identical car. The German, who won the race with ease, was often two seconds faster than any other car during the race - not on just a few laps, but consistently. Minardi, who was present at the race, described what he witnessed and made a comment relating to traction control which will surely fire up the conspiracy theorists. "From my suite, I chose some mainstays as a reference point in order to monitor and compare the drivers' way of driving," he wrote in a column for Pitpass. "I was impressed by Vettel's neat way of driving on that stretch of the track.

He was able to drive all that stretch without making any corrections, unlike all his rivals (also his team-mate). "On the same stretch, Sebastian was able to [accelerate] 50 metres before any other driver, Webber included. The thing that surprised me the most was the engine's output sound. Besides speeding up 50m before any other driver, the Renault engine of the German's car grinded like no other French engines on track, neither like Mark's.

"That sound was similar to the sound made by the engine when the traction control system got into action in the past seasons," he added. The 66-year-old can understand a small advantage, but says answers are needed as to how the three-time champion could pull away from his rivals by such a large amount each and every lap. "It's not my intention to devalue Sebastian Vettel, who always manages his Red Bull the best way and I don't want even to jab at anyone, I just want to tell what I personally saw and heard during that three-day-event. "According to my experience, I think that a 2.5 second advantage each lap is really too much.

It's like a three-generation development gap, it's a huge gap. "There are some aspects, Vettel's very neat way of driving, Vettel's speed-up 50m before the other drivers, the abnormal sound of the Renault engine and Vettel's more than 2 second advantage over his rivals that make me think and I would like to have some answers."

Source: Minardi questions legality of Vettel's RB9

what can you say about this conspiracy observe by Minardi?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Former Formula 1 team-owner Giancarlo Minardi has questioned why Sebastian Vettel was so dominant in Singapore and just how he managed to outpace team-mate Mark Webber in a supposedly identical car. The German, who won the race with ease, was often two seconds faster than any other car during the race - not on just a few laps, but consistently. Minardi, who was present at the race, described what he witnessed and made a comment relating to traction control which will surely fire up the conspiracy theorists. "From my suite, I chose some mainstays as a reference point in order to monitor and compare the drivers' way of driving," he wrote in a column for Pitpass. "I was impressed by Vettel's neat way of driving on that stretch of the track.

He was able to drive all that stretch without making any corrections, unlike all his rivals (also his team-mate). "On the same stretch, Sebastian was able to [accelerate] 50 metres before any other driver, Webber included. The thing that surprised me the most was the engine's output sound. Besides speeding up 50m before any other driver, the Renault engine of the German's car grinded like no other French engines on track, neither like Mark's.

"That sound was similar to the sound made by the engine when the traction control system got into action in the past seasons," he added. The 66-year-old can understand a small advantage, but says answers are needed as to how the three-time champion could pull away from his rivals by such a large amount each and every lap. "It's not my intention to devalue Sebastian Vettel, who always manages his Red Bull the best way and I don't want even to jab at anyone, I just want to tell what I personally saw and heard during that three-day-event. "According to my experience, I think that a 2.5 second advantage each lap is really too much.

It's like a three-generation development gap, it's a huge gap. "There are some aspects, Vettel's very neat way of driving, Vettel's speed-up 50m before the other drivers, the abnormal sound of the Renault engine and Vettel's more than 2 second advantage over his rivals that make me think and I would like to have some answers."

Napapaisip din ako that there might be somethig going....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It's hard to judge actually since their in depth knowledge is hard to dispute. I myself can't comment on their engineering since my knowledge of f1 cars are somewhere like 0.0001% of their knowhow.

All I can say is pwede may loophole nakita Red Bull to take advantage. Or in all fairness, vettel is just an aggressive driver that can deliver. Nung time ni Michael Schumacher, same level of dominance sila but no one ever doubts ferrari.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ever since the exploding tires and the reversion of last season kevlar belted tires...guess who's benefitting from it.

F1: Red Bull tire-change lobbying ''unfair'' for several people
    By Auto123.com,
    Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sahara Force India has hit out at the mid-season tire specification change that, according to technical director Andy Green, was a terminal setback for the Silverstone based team.

And, as Ferrari now turns its full attention to the 2014 challenge, the Italian team has also lamented the move from the original steel-belted 2013 Pirelli tires to last year's kevlar specification.

The move was ostensibly made on safety grounds, but Ferrari and Force India argue that it hurt their performance badly.

"We started the season in a good way," said Fernando Alonso. "We won in China, we won in Spain and then we seemed to lose a bit of the performance, especially when the 2012 Pirelli tires came back.

"That was probably the point in the championship (where) we said 'bye-bye'," the Spaniard revealed.

Sahara Force India's is a similar story, but perhaps even more dramatic.

"Initially the others couldn't do what Ferrari and us were able to," technical boss Green told Auto Motor und Sport.

"But Red Bull and Mercedes did a really good job of lobbying. That's just unfair. They had the same opportunity as we did to build a car for the 2013 tires -- if they didn't do a good job, that's their problem. But they were rewarded for it instead," he insisted.

The change from steel to kevlar internals may seen academic, but it had a big impact on aerodynamics, Green explained.

"It gave us bad oversteer in fast corners," he said. "The aerodynamics at the rear of the car no longer worked because the tire deformed less."

Green said Sahara Force India then "stopped developing the car and could only react" to the problem "with different ride heights and suspension settings".

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013

JUst another BS from Minardi.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Ever since the exploding tires and the reversion of last season kevlar belted tires...guess who's benefitting from it.
    Force India can use the exploding tires if they want, also if they forget RB is on top of the WDC and WCC during the time of exploding tires. They just need to do a better job in developing their cars.