New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Lotus confirm Grosjean and deciding between Massa or Hulkenberg

Lotus is weighing up between Nico Hulkenberg and Felipe Massa to complete its 2014 Formula 1 driver lineup.

Asked recently if – in the interests of continuity – Romain Grosjean will definitely be retained next year if Kimi Raikkonen departs, team boss Eric Boullier answered simply: “Yes.”

So that leaves only the cockpit currently occupied by the Ferrari-bound Finn Raikkonen to fill.

The candidates are Hulkenberg – the impressive German who after moving from Force India last year is now seeking to jump from struggling Sauber – and the experienced Ferrari refugee Massa.

Brazilian Massa, 32, might have the edge.

According to O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper, Frenchman Boullier said recently that, “In 2014, experience will be more important than speed”.

Source: Lotus confirm Grosjean and deciding between Massa or Hulkenberg | Grand Prix 247

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Singaporean GP - Star Sports / FOX Sports HD Live TV Schedule

Sept. 20 (friday)
    6pm - Practice 1
    9.30pm - Practice 2

Sept. 21 (saturday)
    6pm - Practice 3
    9pm - Qualifying Race

Sept. 22 (sunday)
    7pm - Raceday show
    8pm - Main Race

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    OOPS!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

done deal na pala si nico.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^good choice.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Any tsikoters watching the singupura grand prix?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'm watching... Sa tv.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Haha i mean live sir. Mas mura kasi singapore kesa sa malaysia.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mc...da-eye-alonso/

RUMORS
    McLaren, Honda eye Alonso
    McLaren and Honda are already planning their combined future, and it concerns Fernando Alonso being paired with Jenson Button.
    Added: 3 hours ago

Sep.20 (GMM) The big rumour that shone under Singapore's lights on Thursday was all about Fernando Alonso -- and McLaren.

It was being whispered up and down the paddock that the real reason the British team is delaying the announcement about its drivers for next year is because negotiations with the disgruntled Ferrari 'number 1' Alonso are taking place.

Asked by the Daily Mail if he would hire the Spaniard, whose first McLaren stint in 2007 ended acrimoniously, team boss Martin Whitmarsh admitted: "Yes, if I could."

Jenson Button said on Thursday that his 2014 deal with McLaren is already "done". But it is believed the announcement is being held up so as not to focus speculation on the seat currently occupied by Sergio Perez.

Button, however, denied the Alonso subject is rampant even among those wearing McLaren team gear in Singapore.

"There hasn't been a word, that's the honest truth," he told the Independent newspaper.

"But I think it (being paired with Alonso) would be quite exciting."

In the last couple of days, it has become clear McLaren is thinking not only about its drivers for 2014, but also the start of the Honda era in 2015.
    "It's a different situation with partners," Button admitted. "It may be to do with the funding, but I don't have a worry in the world about my future with this team."

That may be true, but also true is that Honda might see an Alonso-Button pairing as even better -- and worth paying handsomely for.

The move might also entice Ferrari sponsor Santander back to McLaren to help pay Alonso's huge retainer.

"We want a winning driver from day one," the Spanish newspaper Marca quotes a Honda insider as saying.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wow, with kimi along side alonso... Nagiisip na siya na walang tutulong sakanya next year. Every driver for himself na kaya may rumors na ganyan. Button would help alonso but I highly doubt kimi would do the same courtesy.