New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    It's Rory Byrne who's getting me all excited about Kimi + Ferrari in 2014.

Rory (Ferrari) and Adrian Newey (McLaren) slugged it out between 1996 to about 2004, when he retired, though he was still a consultant for the red team after.

Lets wait for some more samurai quotes from Alonso.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ferrari was able to snatch the designer James Allison from Lotus, ..Confirmation of Kimi move within the hour...

Ferrari has confirmed former Lotus technical director will join the team this year.

AUTOSPORT revealed in May that Allison was closing on a Ferrari deal after leaving Lotus, and that the agreement was completed last week.

Allison will become Ferrari's chassis technical director and will begin working with the team on September 1.

Current technical director Pat Fry will take on the new position of director of engineering, both men reporting to team principal Stefano Domenicali.

Allison, one of the most highly rated designers in the Formula 1 paddock, previously worked for Ferrari during its dominant spell in the early 2000s, before leaving for what was then the Renault team.

Ferrari will announce Kimi Raikkonen on Wednesday, 8 pm UK time. Raikkonen’s €20 mill. salary at Ferrari will be covered by Shell. His rallying backed by Fiat. Contract is for 2 years + 1 year option.Part of the deal is that Mark Slade will move from Lotus to Ferrari as Kimi Raikkonen’s engineer.
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 10th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hulkenberg on Lotus shorlist.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So long Felipe, it wasn't a great ending though...

Massa announces departure from Ferrari
    The Associated Press 39 minutes ago
    AP - Sports

Felipe Massa said Tuesday that he will leave Ferrari at the end of the Formula One season.

The move opens a path for Kimi Raikkonen to rejoin the Italian team as the new partner for Fernando Alonso.

Massa used his Twitter account to post the announcement with a message on Instagram.

''From 2014 I will no longer be driving for Ferrari,'' Massa wrote. ''I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together.''

The 32-year-old Massa has made 184 starts for Ferrari, winning 11 races since joining in 2006 from Sauber.

All of the Brazilian's wins with Ferrari came during his first three seasons with the team. He hasn't won a race since a life-threatening accident at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2009 and his contract is up at the end of this season.

''Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining seven races,'' Massa said. ''For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the Championship which remains my greatest objective!''

Raikkonen, who drives for Lotus, has been linked with a return to Ferrari. He raced for Ferrari from 2007-2009, and his title in 2007 was the last time Ferrari won the driver's crown.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kimi Helmet

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Anticipation is building ahead of what some believe could see a massive shake-up of the 2014 F1 grid.

[img]http://www.pitpass.com/images/drivers/800/2013drivers**fes_width&5E250**fes_height%5E166.jpg[/img]

The centre of attention is Kimi Raikkonen, with many of the opinion that an official announcement of his return to Ferrari is just days away. The big question however, is who is he replacing.

While previously it was thought the Finn would replace Felipe Massa and partner Fernando Alonso, events at the weekend, not to mention the highly-publicised spat over the summer, suggest that the relationship between the Spaniard and his team is breaking down.

Both parties have history, Alonso famously leaving McLaren after just one season following an attempt to blackmail it in a sorry saga that was to become Spygate, one of the most infamous scandals in the history of the sport. As for Ferrari, which prides itself on its 'family' image, yet often proves to be as dysfunctional as The Simpsons, let's not forget the way Alain Prost was shown the door (with pay) after he dared to criticise the team. Then again, let's not forget the way Michael Schumacher was brushed aside for Raikkonen who then made way for Alonso.

Cleary the rot is in as far as Ferrari and Alonso are concerned, so, could we see Raikkonen take Alonso's seat rather than Massa's?

While many believe that in such a scenario Alonso would head to Lotus, let's not forget that the Enstone outfit, like so many of its rivals, has money issues. That said, with an eye on Honda returning, albeit as an engine supplier, and even talk of BMW looking at F1, could Renault be persuaded to buy back into its old team? A healthy injection of cash could see Alonso head back to the team with which he won his two titles.

Then again, with an eye on 2015, would the Spaniard consider a return to McLaren – or might he ride the Maranello storm just to see?

Speaking at the weekend, Massa admitted that despite having previously said that losing his Ferrari drive would end time in F1 he would now consider another team.
    One wild rumour over the weekend had Ross Brawn buying into Williams. Brawn knows as well as the next man that the easiest way to make a small fortune from F1 is to invest a big one, and while many will have dismissed the story, what better way to ease the congestion at Brackley - in terms of technical directors - than to find Ross a position elsewhere.

Now ensconced at Brackley with Mercedes, Toto Wolff still has a significant financial stake in Williams, so what better way to kill a few birds with that one stone than to ease Brawn into Grove along with some of Wolff's stake, courtesy of Mercedes.

Such a move might be enough to convince Pastor Maldonado, and more importantly PDVSA, to remain on board, Williams aware that the loss of the Venezuelan driver and his backers could sound the death knell for the team.

Should such a move go ahead, Massa might not be able to bring money to Williams but he has a lot of experience and has worked with Brawn at Ferrari. On the other hand, could we see the Brazilian head back to the team where his F1 career began, Sauber.

While the Swiss team has one of the best drivers out there in Nico Hulkenberg, it needs money. Sergey Sirotkin and his backers have been virtually guaranteed a drive in 2014, but many believe this will not happen. If it doesn't, and the youngster, and his backers, have to rely on the promise of a seat until 2015, the Hinwil outfit will need the money that comes with Esteban Gutierrez. Therefore, for one year, would it be worth the team employing Massa, before handing over to Sirotkin in 2015?
    As for Hulkenberg, how about the talented German partnering Raikkonen at Ferrari?

There are other drivers that we should be considering, but most of them don't have money, and it is cash, as opposed to raw talent, that some teams appear to be focussing on.

At present, only two teams have their 2014 line-ups 'set in stone', which means that anything can, and probably will, happen.

While much of this will seem quite preposterous, let's not forget the reaction when Lewis Hamilton's move to Mercedes was first proposed.

Though the races might have become a tad too processional, we have a feeling that once the music stops the upcoming game of 'musical chairs' will more than make up for it.

Source: F1 holds its breath - Pitpass.com

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ferrari has huge baggages for both FM and FA.

They were the ones who were directly responsible for the failure of FM to win the WDC in 2008 (Remember FM's car stalling while leading the race in the penultimate lap in Hungaroring? And the defective signal light in the pit in Singapore which caused him to drag the fuel hose?)

And they failed(and still are failing) to give FA his WDC since 2010....

Obviously, FM was eased out... I am not surprised if FA decides to jump ship.

20.9K:lotsocoffee:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I guess it's official...

Welcome back, Kimi!

Maranello, 11 September 2013 – Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has reached an agreement with Kimi Raikkonen. The Finn will join Fernando Alonso in the driver line-up for the next two racing seasons.

Published on: 09/11/2013
    - See more at: Welcome back, Kimi! | Scuderia Ferrari

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I just can't believe he said yes to drive along side alonso. I guess it's better than driving for a under performing lotus. Kimi made it clear that lotus can't reach his expectations in terms of car performance.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    I just can't believe he said yes to drive along side alonso. I guess it's better than driving for a under performing lotus. Kimi made it clear that lotus can't reach his expectations in terms of car performance.
    He had the balls to go up against MS in Ferrari. It was supposed to be KR and MS for 2007 beyond, but MS cannot commit due to back injuries.