New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I wonder how history will look at this incredible run from Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel.

Posted via Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Alan Permane : "Kimi, Get out of the f**king way!"

Kimi Räikkönen : ''Don't f**king shout.. I get out of the way when I have a chance but not during fast corner.."

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Indian GP Race result

Congrats Red Bull Racing for 4th straight constructor championship!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Abu Dhabi GP - Star Sports / FOX Sports HD Live TV Schedule

Nov. 1 (friday)
    5pm - Practice 1
    9pm - Practice 2

Nov. 2 (saturday)
    6pm - Practice 3 - STar Sports only
    9pm - Qualifying Race

Nov. 3 (sunday)
    8pm - Raceday show
    9pm - Main Race

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Alonso turned down Red Bull offer for 2008 after McLaren fiasco

After a tumultuous and controversy packed season with McLaren, Fernando Alonso came close to moving to Red Bull for the 2008 season, but after lengthy negotiations, he eventually turned down the offer.

That is the claim of Spain’s El Mundo Deportivo newspaper, reporting that the Spaniard was the energy drink-owned team’s “first choice” before he decided instead to return to Renault.

According to correspondent Elvira Gonzalez, Red Bull’s talks with Alonso followed the double World Champion’s acrimonious split with McLaren at the end of 2007.

“Fernando Alonso had it in his hands to change the course of his own – and Formula 1′s – history in November 2007,” Gonzalez wrote.

But Alonso actually opted to return to Renault, while Red Bull stuck with existing drivers Mark Webber and David Coulthard.

Coulthard was then replaced by a young Sebastian Vettel for 2009, while Alonso left Renault for Ferrari at the end of that season.

more....
    Source: Alonso turned down Red Bull offer for 2008 after McLaren fiasco | Grand Prix 247
    Alonso turned down Red Bull offer for 2008 after McLaren fiasco | Grand Prix 247

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    When you are a star driver and deliver the points, And with a signed contract in your hands, you expect to be paid, right?

Kimi Raikkonen threatens to boycott races over pay dispute
    By Andrew Benson
    Chief F1 writer at Yas Marina

Kimi Raikkonen says he may not take part in the final two races of the season if his Lotus team do not fulfil a promise to solve a financial dispute.

Raikkonen, who decided to race in Abu Dhabi at the last minute, says he has "not been paid a single euro all year".

"I came here only because, hopefully, we found an understanding," he said.

When asked if he would consider missing the remaining two races, the former World Champion added: "For sure. I enjoy racing but a big part of it is business. Sometimes when that is not dealt with like it should be then we end up in an unfortunate situation.

"You have to put the line somewhere. If it goes over that then it is not really my fault."

Raikkonen's Lotus salary is eight million euros (£6.7m) plus a bonus of 50,000 euros (£42,000) a point. That means Lotus so far owe him 17.15m euros (£14.5m) this year.

He was also not paid in 2012 until the end of the season.

Lotus have cash-flow problems and argue they need to take care of their employees first because Raikkonen is already a multi-millionaire and does not need the money to live.

Raikkonen, who signed to race for Ferrari in September because Lotus could not give him the guarantees he was seeking about their financial stability, said: "I understand the team side of it, but when you have been put in a position and told different stories...

"If people think you don't work for the team or you don't care what happens it is not exactly true.

"I am only here because I enjoy the driving. But there are too many other things that get involved, a big part of it is business. We all try to make the best out of it. It is sad we end up in the position we are."

Team boss Eric Boullier said: "Yes we still owe him some money. It is a never-ending story and I am not here to put something on the fire."

Raikkonen was also upset at the last race in India, when the team's trackside operations director Alan Permane swore at him on the pit-to-car radio when ordering him to move over for team-mate Romain Grosjean towards the end of the race.

Raikkonen admitted he had not been pleased to be talked to in that way but said that was not "a big part" of his unhappiness with the team.

Raikkonen also rejected suggestions he would not try to beat the Ferrari drivers in the race because Lotus and the Italian team are locked in a battle with Mercedes for second place in the constructors' championship.

"I try to do the best I can in every race," he said. "It is not the happiest moment when we have difficulties. I still try to do my best. I have no reason to come here and just drive around."

Boullier admitted Lotus's two main options for a driver to replace Raikkonen in 2014 were Sauber's Nico Hulkenberg and Williams's Pastor Maldonado.

"We have different options open," Boullier said. "Hulkenberg and Maldonado have contracts ready to sign, not signed. We have a couple of other options. Once we decide the strategy of the team, we will pick up the options we want."

He admitted a potential investment deal with a US-Middle Eastern consortium called Quantum could play a key role.

"We want first the interest for the team and one of them is to make sure we can pay them every month," he said. "If we can close the deal with Quantum it could be a different story."

Lotus would prefer to take Hulkenberg, but may be forced to sign Maldonado, who potentially has an annual £30m budget from Venezuela's state oil company, if the Quantum deal does not come off.
    BBC Sport - Kimi Raikkonen threatens to boycott races over pay dispute
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 2nd, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    [QUOTE=Monseratto;2256286]When you are a star driver and deliver the points, And with a signed contract in your hands, you expect to be paid, right?

That's some bs from lotus. Even if kimi is a millionaire or poor as a rats, a contract is a contract. Lotus has the worst excuse I've heard... Magsara na lang sila if they can't afford it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    So Mark Slade may not follow Kimi to Ferrari, seems like Lotus like to play games.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    F1 Racing November 2013 issue