New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Balik 2012-spec na gulong for this weekends German GP. Was supposed to be introduced last Canadian GP but was blocked by Ferrari, Lotus and Force India.

Pirelli could confirm as early as Tuesday that it plans to revert to tyres built with a Kevlar casing, to be used at this week's German Grand Prix following the spate of tyre failures at Silverstone.

After the FIA announced on Monday that race drivers would be allowed during the Young Driver Test, reports in the British media suggest that Pirelli will almost certainly use the Kevlar-belt tyres in Germany this week in an attempt to prevent a possible driver boycott.

'It is understood the Italian manufacturer will issue a statement today, with a switch from steel to Kevlar belts - which it intended to make in Canada last month before the change was blocked by a handful of teams - coming into effect immediately,' The Daily Telegraph reported.

Earlier, both Red Bull boss Christian Horner and his McLaren counterpart Martin Whitmarsh suggested that Pirelli use last year's compounds instead, but because there is just one week between the races at Silverstone and the Nurburgring, that was deemed unfeasible.

"A return to 2012 tyres, which also featured Kevlar belts, would have been the preferred solution this weekend but there is insufficient time to prepare them given the five-day turnaround from Sunday's race to Friday's first practice session at the Nurburgring," The Daily Telegraph continued.

"The use of 2012 tyre structures, with 2013 compounds, is likely to come into effect from Hungary at the end of July."

The publication also suggests that Pirelli has private tests lined up at Paul Ricard and Barcelona over the next couple of weeks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Red Bull blew the whistle on Rosberg at Silverstone

It was Red Bull who alerted the FIA to a rules breach that could have cost Nico Rosberg his British Grand Prix victory at Silverstone.

We have reported that, in the wake of the bitter ‘test-gate’ scandal, the tension between world champions Red Bull and Mercedes remains high.

So just after Rosberg’s champagne-soaked celebrations on Sunday, it emerged that the German driver and his team were summoned by the stewards to explain his alleged failure to slow for yellow flags.

The officials decided simply to reprimand Rosberg. Bild newspaper reports on Tuesday that it was Red Bull who alerted the FIA to Rosberg’s breach, which if punished with a time penalty could have cost him the win.

Helmut Marko defended Red Bull’s actions, ”We did not attack Mercedes, but only pointed out that Rosberg was too fast under a yellow flag.”

“If it had been us [committing the breach], the other teams would also immediately tell the FIA. It’s a totally normal thing,” the Austrian insisted. (GMM)

Source: Red Bull blew the whistle on Rosberg at Silverstone | Grand Prix 247

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nothing new. Fernando Alonso narcs on competitors all the time.

It's called "strategy"...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Watch it live: Formula 1 2013 German Gran Prix First Practice 3:45PM

Free boxing live streaming and other sports

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2013 German GP practice 2

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nothing new. Fernando Alonso narcs on competitors all the time.

It's called "strategy"...
    Win at all cost!

Ruthless indeed.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Red Bull asks fans to help decide 2014 driver

Red Bull has turned to its fans to help it decide Mark Webber’s successor.

Team boss Christian Horner recently narrowed down the selection of Sebastian Vettel’s new teammate for 2014 to a shortlist of three — Kimi Raikkonen, or a current Toro Rosso driver.

So on Red Bull’s official Facebook page, a survey asking fans which of the three should get the job duly appeared.

Finn Raikkonen attracted thousands of votes, while the second most popular choice was Australian Daniel Ricciardo.

Raikkonen was not listening to the rumours on Thursday.

“It’s four days ago since you probably asked last time, and nothing has changed,” he said at the Nurburgring.

The always-smiling 23-year-old Ricciardo was more forthcoming.

“It’s nice to hear some positive things,” he said. “It would be a great position to be in but I’ve still got a bit of work ahead of me.”

Vettel told a German newspaper last week that he will have a say on who is ultimately selected, but he told reporters on Thursday that Red Bull will decide.

“It’s not my decision,” said the triple world champion whilst sitting next to Ricciardo, “but as he (Ricciardo) sits here, I would if I could give him the seat.

“But equally if Kimi was there, I would give him the seat,” added Vettel. “I think it’s something decided by the team and so far we haven’t really spoken about it.”

Considered an outside chance to replace Webber is Jenson Button, particularly with McLaren struggling so much to pull out of its 2013 slump.

Asked if he might consider moving to another top team like Red Bull, Button answered: “I would, if this season was a permanent situation.

“But I am convinced that McLaren is simply having a bad year,” he is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport.

Source: Formula One | Red Bull asks fans to help decide 2014 driver

Si Kimi na lang.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Kimi should go to Infiniti Red Bull Racing!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2013 German GP Qualifying Results