New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 88 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=MtrSNFjkGdU

V10 is music to my ears. V6 sounded like a lawnmower. lol.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wow. So much hate for an audio sample..

I like the comment: "Sounds synthesized"... right... an audio recording on the internet, played over a computer, sounds synthesized? Woohoo.

People are comparing it to sounds at circuits, where the large area will absorb the whooshing sound of the turbo. If you listen to audio clips of the old turbo motors on the track, the turbo spool sound isn't so prominent. Other sounds drown them out.

I quite like the lower, baritone engine note. The screaming V10s and V8s give me headaches. The V12s, though... I could listen to those all day...

Not bad. The whoosh won't carry as well

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Mexican GP has a 'good future ahead', according to Carlos Slim

Carlos Slim Domit believes there is a "good future ahead" for the Mexican Grand Prix, which it is hoped will return to the Formula 1 calendar in the next few years.

Slim, who has been instrumental in the careers of Sergio Perez and Esteban Gutierrez through his Escuderia Telmex driver programme and sponsorship of the Sauber team, is a key player in the plan to bring F1 back to Mexico for the first time since 1992.

He believes that F1 is ready for more races in the Americas and that the financial conditions, combined with the arrival of Perez and Gutierrez in grand prix racing, has boosted Mexico's aspirations.

"I believe there is potential to do more races in the Americas and I believe that Mexico is in the right spot to do it," said Slim in an interview with AUTO, the journal of the FIA.

more.....
    Mexican GP has a 'good future ahead', according to Carlos Slim - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So long Webber....Hello Kimi to RB?

Webber to leave Formula 1 at end of season
    27 June 2013

Red Bull driver Mark Webber has confirmed that he will be leaving Formula 1 at the end of the season, with the 36-year-old Australian opting to take up an offer from German manufacturer Porsche to compete in its new LMP1 sportscar programme.

More to follow.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    maganda yan Seb and Kimi.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    So long Webber....Hello Kimi to RB?
    That would be great. Kimi and Sev together. Parang prost and senna. Sana. hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    malaki ata offer ng RBR kay kimi.... pero sino lead driver sa kanila ni Seb?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The FIA’s World Motor Sport Council has approved a number of changes to the Formula One regulations for 2014 after meeting at Goodwood in the UK on Friday. Among them are post-race tests at four Grands Prix and the introduction of a penalty-point system for driver offences.

Four, two-day tests will be allowed during the season, replacing the annual young driver test and the current allowance of eight days’ promotional track time. The tests will take place on the Tuesday and Wednesday following races at European venues.

In addition, track testing will also be permitted in January of 2014 in order to allow for earlier testing of the new 1.6-litre, V6 turbo power units that will be used from next season. Pre-season testing does not normally begin until February.

The new driver penalty-point system will see any driver accumulating more 12 points being banned from the next race. Points will stay on the driver’s licence for 12 months and the amount of points a driver may be given for infringements will vary from one to three depending upon the severity of the offence.

Other changes to the sporting regulations include giving each driver an extra set of tyres for use only during the first 30 minutes of the first practice session on Fridays, to encourage teams to take to the track at that time without having to worry about using valuable tyre wear.

Confirmed on the technical side of the regulations are measures to eliminate stepped noses, an increased minimum weight limit because of the new, heavier powertrains, improved and standardised side impact structures, and stronger cockpit rims.
    Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2013 British GP practice 2