New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    McLaren didn't offer as much money, and Lewis is sick of team issues robbing him of points, even though he has a winning car at the moment.

McLaren finally anted up last week and offered to match Mercedes' money, but I guess the writing was on the wall.

Mercedes now has a garage full of engineers pirated from McLaren and other top teams, a championship driver (possibly one of the three best qualifiers on the grid) and a crapload of money. If they don't win the title next year, or at least place second in the constructor's, it'll be embarrassing.

-

Perez is the rumored favorite to replace Hamilton. Good for him, he's been putting in some really good drives this past season.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Confirmed...Sergio heads for Mclaren. Felipe's seat seem safe for now...

Sauber seat up for grabs!

Pérez confirms multi-year deal with McLaren

28 September 2012

McLaren has confirmed the signing of Sergio Pérez on a multi-year deal, paving the way for the announcement on Lewis Hamilton's switch to Mercedes. The Mexican has impressed many in the paddock since joining the sport in 2011, with a trio of podium finishes this season ultimately convincing his new employers.

More to follow.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Freaking happy for Perez. Good for him to get a seat at one of the big boys.

Now let's see Pastor Maldonado in a Ferrari.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Lolo Schumi should really, really, really consider retiring for good...

Schumacher's Formula 1 future in doubt
    28 September 2012

Michael Schumacher's Formula 1 future is currently in doubt, with Lewis Hamilton being confirmed as his replacement at Mercedes for the 2013 season. The German, who has endured a challenging return to the sport, will now assess his options.

"I have had three nice years with the team which unfortunately did not go as well as we all would have wanted on the sporting side," said Schumacher. "I wish Lewis well and for the team to achieve the success we worked so hard for in the build-up.

"I would like to thank the team for their trust and all the guys for their unconditional commitment. I will now concentrate on the next races."

Schumacher's career has not necessarily been ended by Mercedes's decision to replace him, but if he wishes to remain in the sport he will face a fight to find a seat.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Too bad. The strange thing is, in the races that he's finished, he's been finishing ahead of Nico Rosberg.

Perhaps Mercedes is retiring the wrong driver?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Schumi was on the fence regarding a 2013 drive while Lewis' management team was actively courting suitors during late spring/early summer. I think it's a combination of Merc needing assurance of getting a quality driver in 2013 and Hamilton needing to leave McLaren for a competitive team.

I think Ross Brawn will be a big help to Lewis in ways that Martin Whitmarsh or even Ron Dennis could not match, as RB has always been good at dealing with egos. Bob Bell, Aldo Costa and Geoff Willis being technical maestros should also help assure LH that he is moving to a team determined to win many titles.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    wow! a whooping $100M Mercedes deal for Ham!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    From the guy who first reported the Hamilton switch...Schumi to Sauber?

Michael Schumacher 'undecided on whether to stay in Formula 1'
    By Andrew Benson
    Chief F1 writer

Michael Schumacher has not decided whether he wants to continue racing in Formula 1 next year.

The German legend has been dropped by Mercedes in favour of Lewis Hamilton, and is left with the choice of retiring or trying to find a drive elsewhere.

His manager Sabine Kehm said: "Michael didn't stay at Mercedes because he wasn't sure he wanted to drive and that didn't change over time."

Asked whether he had now made that decision, Kehm said: "No."

She insisted that Schumacher "would have been able to sign if he had wanted to earlier in the summer".

There are a number of seats potentially available for Schumacher should he wish to continue.

Autosport reported on Friday that Kehm had had talks with Sauber at last weekend's Singapore Grand Prix about Schumacher joining the team.

But Kehm denied this, saying her visit was social.

"It's true I was at Sauber," she said. "I have been there quite often. I have known them for years. But that doesn't mean anything more than I'm regularly there."

Team boss Peter Sauber told the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport in Singapore that he would sign Schumacher "immediately" if he became available.

But a Sauber spokesman said the team would not comment on any of the drivers linked to the team.

There are few other options for Schumacher should he wish to continue racing.

There is a potential opening at Ferrari, but it is thought most likely that Felipe Massa will be retained as Fernando Alonso's team-mate next season.

Williams have a vacancy alongside Pastor Maldonado, but that is likely to be filled by their reserve driver Valtteri Bottas if they do not keep their current second driver Bruno Senna.

Lotus have not confirmed their line-up, but Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean are both under contract and expected to stay.

Force India are expected to continue with rising stars Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg, although the German has been linked with a possible Ferrari move.

It is unlikely Schumacher would consider a role at lower-grid teams Toro Rosso, Caterham, Marussia or HRT, or that any of them could afford to pay him.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    FIA publishes 20 race 2013 F1 world championship calendar

Sep.28 (Reuters) The International Automobile Federation (FIA) has published a 20-race 2013 Formula One World Championship calendar.

New Jersey has been penciled in for June 16 next year, subject to confirmation.

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has previously raised doubts about New Jersey, a race with the New York city skyline as a backdrop, when he said this week that organisers had not complied with the terms and conditions of the contract that had now lapsed.

Promoters for the race issued a statement on Friday welcoming the date and without mentioning any problems.

Spain, gripped by the Euro zone debt crisis, will have only one race instead of two, with a grand prix in Barcelona on May 12. Valencia, which had hosted the European Grand Prix in the port area, has agreed to alternate.

The season will start in Australia on March 17 and end in Brazil on Nov. 24.

Six pairs of races, all long-haul destinations from Europe, will be on back-to-back weekends.

Calendar:

March 17 – Australia (Melbourne)
    March 24 – Malaysia (Sepang)
    April 14 – China (Shanghai)
    April 21 – Bahrain
    May 12 – Spain (Barcelona)
    May 26 – Monaco
    June 9 – Canada (Montreal)
    June 16 – New Jersey (to be confirmed)
    June 30 – Britain (Silverstone)
    July 14 – Germany (circuit to be confirmed)
    July 28 – Hungary (Budapest)
    Aug 25 – Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
    Sept 08 – Italy (Monza)
    Sept 22 – Singapore
    Oct 6 – South Korea (Yeongam)
    Oct 13 – Japan (Suzuka)
    Oct 27 – India (Noida)
    Nov 3 – Abu Dhabi
    Nov 17 – USA (Austin)
    Nov 24 – Brazil (Interlagos, Sao Paulo)

Source: FIA publishes 20 race 2013 F1 world championship calendar | YallaF1.com

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yay... NJ!

FIA Formula 1 Championship 2012