New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 72 of 106 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    "There are not so many long straights at the next couple of circuits, so we can challenge there."

-Sebastian Vettel

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    "There are not so many long straights at the next couple of circuits, so we can challenge there."

-Sebastian Vettel
    Or...

RB Tech: Oh there goes the alternator again.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Whatever happened to Robert Kubica and his nearly severed right hand...

Kubica wins on return to motor racing
    10 September 2012

Defying the odds, Robert Kubica has won his first motorsport event since the accident which nearly took his life in February 2011. On Sunday, the Pole competed in the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana at the wheel of a Subaru Impreza WRC.

First rumoured at the end of last week, Kubica was on the entry list for the rally but waiting for his car to be readied. Just 19 months earlier, he narrowly escaped death in a similar event after the Skoda he was driving was impaled by a metal roadside barrier.

“I hope I enjoy myself because this is just a matter of re-adapting to driving and helping my arm to recover better, not looking at the stage times,” Kubica told Italy’s SkySport24. “Having already been a driver for 20 years, my body is only used to certain things and I am able to feel these when I drive, so let’s see what happens.”

Remarkably, Kubica’s Subaru – guided by co-driver Giuliano Manfedi – triumphed on the rally’s four stages to beat the Mini of Omar Bergo by just under one minute. The affects of last year’s accident were clearly visible on the right arm of the 27-year-old.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Raikkonen locked into 2013 contract claims Lotus boss

Sep.10 (GMM) Team owner Gerard Lopez has moved to silence the persistent rumours about Kimi Raikkonen’s future, amid reports that the Finn would be moving away from Lotus team at the end of the season.

Recently, the impressive F1 returnee was linked with a switch next year to his former team, Ferrari with whom he won his 2007 title. And now amid the Lewis Hamilton rumours, some have mentioned 32-year-old Raikkonen as the ideal successor, reprising his five-year McLaren career of 2002-2006.

Lotus team figures have, however, revealed that Raikkonen is on a two-year contract. But, in F1, contractual situations are usually complicated, with drivers and teams often only obligated in the event of certain performance-related criteria.

more....
    Raikkonen locked into 2013 contract claims Lotus boss | YallaF1.com

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sergio too much of a threat to Fernando to occupy the other Ferrari seat. Looking for a more "tame" partner...

‘Kovalainen’s management visits Ferrari’ - GPUpdate.net

‘Kovalainen’s management visits Ferrari’

13 September 2012

The management of Heikki Kovalainen has been invited to Ferrari to discuss a drive for the 2013 Formula 1 season. That is according to Finnish television company MTV3, with the Caterham driver now being tipped as a leading candidate for Fernando Alonso’s team-mate.

As explained in the latest GPUpdate.net Insight, feelings coming out of Maranello are that Alonso may see Sergio Pérez as too much of a threat and that Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo is mentioning Sebastian Vettel as a smokescreen tactic. Whether the Kovalainen talks are preliminary or serious remains to be seen.

According to MTV3, Kovalainen and his team have also been in contact with the Lotus squad which currently runs Romain Grosjean and fellow Finn Kimi Räikkönen. He has already spent a season with the Enstone team, having made his F1 debut with the outfit then known as ‘Renault F1’ in 2007. Neither Ferrari nor Kovalainen have confirmed any talks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sid Watkins, F1 doctor who tended to Senna, dies

(Reuters) - Professor Sid Watkins, the Formula One doctor who tended to Ayrton Senna after his fatal crash at Imola in 1994 and who saved the lives of countless others through his work on safety, has died at the age of 84.

As word spread around Formula One of his death late on Wednesday, confirmed by a source close to the family, tributes poured in from drivers and all whose lives were touched by the wise-cracking neurosurgeon with a love of cigars and whisky.

They included Brazilian Rubens Barrichello, who suffered a huge crash on the same San Marino Grand Prix weekend that claimed the lives of Senna and Austrian Roland Ratzenberger.

"It was Sid Watkins that saved my life in Imola 94. great guy to be with, always happy...tks for everything u have done for us drivers. RIP," Barrichello said on Twitter to 1.7 million followers.

Source: Sid Watkins, F1 doctor who tended to Senna, dies | Reuters

RIP Professor Watkins.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ayrton Senna documentary to premiere on HBO Asia on Sept. 17

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Saw the blu-ray. Surprisingly balanced considering the opportunity to turn the docu into hero-worship.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Can't wait!

So they didn't gloss over the fact that he was a tremendous asshole on track?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Can't wait!

So they didn't gloss over the fact that he was a tremendous asshole on track?

haha, sir niky naman.

FIA Formula 1 Championship 2012