1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Earlier in the race....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2012 Belgian Grand Prix Race Result

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    With the McLaren win, what will now be our Driver's Championship shape-up?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    With the McLaren win, what will now be our Driver's Championship shape-up?
    Vettel is back in 2nd, but still 24 pts. away from Alonso. (164 vs 140).

RBR still leads the constructor's championship, with McLaren in 2nd, inching nearer thanks to the Button+Hamilton victories.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Just put Grosjean, Hamilton, Pastor, Kamui and Peres together...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I guess we won't see one of the destroyers this coming Monza weekend... Destroyer Pastor given 10 place grid penalty for Jump Starting. Not penalize are Webber for unsafe release and Schumacher for cutting in front of Seb at pit entrance.

Romain Grosjean has been given a one-race ban for causing the first-corner crash at the Belgian Grand Prix.

The 26-year-old Frenchman, who has been involved in seven first-lap crashes in 12 races this season, was also fined 50,000 euros (£40,000).

The Lotus driver moved rapidly across McLaren's Lewis Hamilton at the start of the Spa race, causing a collision.

His out of control Lotus then hit Fernando Alonso's Ferrari, narrowly missing the Spaniard's head.

A statement from governing body the FIA said: "The stewards regard this incident as an extremely serious breach of the regulations, which had the potential to cause injury to others.

"It eliminated leading championship contenders from the race.

"The stewards note [that] the team conceded the action was an extremely serious mistake and an error of judgement. Neither the team nor the driver made any submission in mitigation of penalty."

Grosjean, who is the first driver to be banned from a race since Michael Schumacher in 1994, said: "I misjudged the gap to Lewis. I thought I was in front of him. It was a small mistake, but a big incident.

"I'm very sorry, and I'm just glad nobody is hurt. That's the main thing. It's a very hard decision to hear. When you love racing it's hard."

Lotus team boss Eric Boullier added: "This is a severe penalty, but it's part of his learning curve.

"Being in the wrong place is not good, and that means we have to keep working and talking - more talking I think - as to the reason why he is in the wrong place.

"Part of the problem is that he wants to do well, he is somebody who is a perfectionist. He needs to understand he will deliver more if he doesn't put too much pressure on himself at the start of the race."

Alonso, the world championship leader, said he was "lucky" not to be injured in the pile-up.

"You can have an injury in your hand or even in your head because everything was so close," said Alonso, who revealed the accident had left him with back pain.

"I think we broke everything on top of the car, so it was lucky in that aspect."

As well as Grosjean, the crash also took out Hamilton and Sauber's Sergio Perez.

The Mexican's team-mate, Kamui Kobayashi, started from second on the grid but had his dreams dashed when his car was also caught up in the crash.

Double world champion Alonso refused to criticise Grosjean, who was his team-mate at Renault (which is now Lotus) in the second half of 2009.

"I am not angry," Alonso said. "No-one do this on purpose. They were fighting, two aggressive drivers on the start, Lewis and Romain and this time it was us in the wrong place and the wrong moment and we were hit.

"It's true also that in 12 races, Romain had seven crashes at the start, so…"
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 3rd, 2012 at 07:48 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I guess we won't see one of the destroyers this coming Monza weekend... Destroyer Pastor given 10 place grid penalty for Jump Starting. Not penalize are Webber for unsafe release and Schumacher for cutting in front of Seb at pit entrance.
    grosjean the destroyer, indeed

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Congrats to Jenson! I guess his trip to Cebu did wonders for him...hehehe.

Buko juice iyan, bro....

Nice pileup....Nice race....

16.8K:laundry:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    10 place grid penalty for Pastor.

FIA Formula 1 Championship 2012