New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What a race!

With JPM taking out 1/4 of the field with him (including this teammate) and Sato doing another harakiri move.

Alonso's performance was lackluster... even initially holding back the faster Fisi but eventually yielded (team orders?) after a few laps.

Good driving for Luizzi (nice overtaking manuever down the straight against Rosberg) and first points finish by Torro Rosso.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Jittery driving by Alonso, I was disappointed. I was looking for him to challenge Schumi from start to finish. Maybe because of Michelin tires.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For some reason, the Bridgestones tend to do better in Indy than the Michelins, as evidenced by Ferrari's runaway 1-2. Jarno Trulli of Toyota (in Potenzas too) also took 4th place starting from the pits with a 1-stop strategy. Maybe he could have beaten Fisi to 3rd even, only if he had a better starting position.

As for team orders, I believe it shouldn't be done via radio, as the FIA are listening. I also don't know what Alonso was thinking in holding back his faster teammate.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    after he's done in F1, JP has a great future in demolition derbies :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    IMO, Ferraris pace was unmatched the whole weekend. But if you would notice The midland cars were lapping faster than usual. This maybe due to Ferrari and Minardi being the only teams to run last year. But nevertheless its still a great team effort from Ferrari!

Ferrari 1-2 at the 2006 US GP