New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    OA naman. The Innova is faster than all entry-level compacts here (except the Focus which is turbo across the board yet still doesn't sell). So it's not just the Civic.

The Civic 1.8 CVT is still faster than the Altis 1.6, Mazda 3 1.5, Elantra 1.6, and Sylphy 1.8.

And you're comparing the base model Civic. There's still the RS Civic which is today's SiR which easily outruns any PPV.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Naisip ko lang, power to weight ratio and close gearing ang labanan pag drag race eh.

A fair race would be the 1.5RS vs the 2.8L innova.

Naalala ko dito yung SG forester vs 350z na ad though a bit misleading kasi 0 to 60mph times lang yan.

I'm sure the the 350z started to catch up after 70mph and went on to win the race if they actually did race.

Given enough road, i'm pretty sure the 1.8 civic would have catched up with the innova as well.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Naisip ko lang, power to weight ratio and close gearing ang labanan pag drag race eh.

A fair race would be the 1.5RS vs the 2.8L innova.

Naalala ko dito yung SG forester vs 350z na ad though a bit misleading kasi 0 to 60mph times lang yan.

I'm sure the the 350z started to catch up after 70mph and went on to win the race if they actually did race.

Given enough road, i'm pretty sure the 1.8 civic would have catched up with the innova as well.

Innova 2.8 vs Civic RS - It will not be a fair race. I am sure of that. The Civic RS can sprint from 0 to 100 kmh in around 7 seconds and do the quarter mile in 15 seconds. Even the Civic RS can give the SJ FXT a stiff competition on the quarter mile.

The Innova 2.8L is good around 11 seconds on a 0-100kmh sprint, which is about the same as with the more powerful PPVs. The Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost can do the same sprint in just a few ticks below 10 seconds and I think it will give the Innova a fair race on a straight line. On twisty roads, a Fiesta or Civic or Jazz will obliterate the Innova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Innova 2.8 vs Civic RS - It will not be a fair race. I am sure of that. The Civic RS can sprint from 0 to 100 kmh in around 7 seconds and do the quarter mile in 15 seconds. Even the Civic RS can give the SJ FXT a stiff competition on the quarter mile.

The Innova 2.8L is good around 11 seconds on a 0-100kmh sprint, which is about the same as with the more powerful PPVs. The Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost can do the same sprint in just a few ticks below 10 seconds and I think it will give the Innova a fair race on a straight line. On twisty roads, a Fiesta or Civic or Jazz will obliterate the Innova.

What i meant was totl vs totl dapat. Hehe

Yeah the civc rs is quick. It can keep up with the fxts.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    What i meant was totl vs totl dapat. Hehe

Yeah the civc rs is quick. It can keep up with the fxts.

My brother-in-law has a Civic RS 2016 (kulay talong). Rarely do I get to borrow it. I guess I got him scared a bit when he rode with me at SCTEX cruising between 150-160 kmh (Floridablanca to Clark) at night with the Fiesta before. I told him I will max out the speedometer of that Civic RS if I brought it to SCTEX.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My brother-in-law has a Civic RS 2016 (kulay talong). Rarely do I get to borrow it. I guess I got him scared a bit when he rode with me at SCTEX cruising between 150-160 kmh (Floridablanca to Clark) at night with the Fiesta before. I told him I will max out the speedometer of that Civic RS if I brought it to SCTEX.

artificially limited ata top speed ng civic rs? im sure if the opportunity arises sa sctex it would be relatively subdued especially with a cvt.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    artificially limited ata top speed ng civic rs? im sure if the opportunity arises sa sctex it would be relatively subdued especially with a cvt.
    Honda claims a top speed of 220 kmh for the Civic RS. I think this can be attained with ease on SCTEX.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Honda claims a top speed of 220 kmh for the Civic RS. I think this can be attained with ease on SCTEX.

Yes, limited top speed. ~210 for both the 1.8 and the RS. Same lang sila top speed but obviously if you unlock the RS it'll go much faster.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most cars have an electronic delimiter installed on them. Even the ubersedans in Europe with 600hp engines are limited to 255 kmh (155 mph) but you can ask the manufacturer to take them off. The WRX and WRX STi are both limited to 155mph while the Civic Type R is limited to 170mph (270kmh).

Only a few road-legal vehicles belong to the 200mph club. The cheapest one on this club is the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat and it is a RWD sedan rated at 707hp.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    OA naman. The Innova is faster than all entry-level compacts here (except the Focus which is turbo across the board yet still doesn't sell). So it's not just the Civic.

The Civic 1.8 CVT is still faster than the Altis 1.6, Mazda 3 1.5, Elantra 1.6, and Sylphy 1.8.

And you're comparing the base model Civic. There's still the RS Civic which is today's SiR which easily outruns any PPV.

What’s funny is, some base model subcompacts can beat other compacts. Take the entry level honda jazz or city with a manual... it should be able to beat the 2.8L innova and even some 2.0L compacts in a 0-100km/h race. Their handling is not so bad either.

The Focus didn’t sell well because I’m guessing it had to do with its predecessor’s DCT fiasco, although the newer one is already equipped with a traditional auto. I’m noticing it happening with the facelifted Ecosport as well. There seems to be only a few of the facelifted model plying the road... or it might be because the Xpander, BRV and friends stole its thunder.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456