New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I like quick cars, not fast cars.

I like brutal accelerations, yung tipong may slight push you into your seat feels.

I'm sure EQ gets that everytime he floors his mustang. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    I like quick cars, not fast cars.

I like brutal accelerations, yung tipong may slight push you into your seat feels.

I'm sure EQ gets that everytime he floors his mustang. [emoji4]

2nd and 3rd gear are freakin crazy on that 10 speed auto. Addictive. That push back in your seat is really an experience.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    2nd and 3rd gear are freakin crazy on that 10 speed auto. Addictive. That push back in your seat is really an experience.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    You are one lucky dude. Hehe

I get that too with my xt on first gear nga lang. 🤣🤭

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm seeing more and more varied "stealth" police cars on the streets: Ford Explorer, (defunct) Dodge Intrepid, Ford Mustang, Dodge Charger to name a few. That Dodge Intrepid once tailed me. Probably trying to goad me into speeding. I didn't fall for it.

The net effect is an almost total elimination of the stoplight grand prix. It's so boring now I don't even need a dashcam anymore.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    There's an over-all fast car. And there's a fast car on a straight line (drag racing)

For this discussion, I will use the "over-all fast car" - decent acceleration/braking and decent cornering.

based on my personal experience.

Driving a "fast" car is a bit more forgiving especially sa local provincial roads natin. During my early years of driving, a 2.0L car allowed me to overtake without almost thinking too much, and corner faster even if my braking is late.

Things changed when I was driving a 1.6L car, pick-up was not as good as the 2.0L car.

Anything below 1.6L (naturally aspirated) makes me plan my overtakes and makes me think of my corners.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    There's an over-all fast car. And there's a fast car on a straight line (drag racing)

For this discussion, I will use the "over-all fast car" - decent acceleration/braking and decent cornering.

based on my personal experience.

Driving a "fast" car is a bit more forgiving especially sa local provincial roads natin. During my early years of driving, a 2.0L car allowed me to overtake without almost thinking too much, and corner faster even if my braking is late.

Things changed when I was driving a 1.6L car, pick-up was not as good as the 2.0L car.

Anything below 1.6L (naturally aspirated) makes me plan my overtakes and makes me think of my corners.
    Fast is quite relative. For people who have been accustomed to driving cars with small displacement engines may find a 2.0L or bigger or with a turbo to be much faster. There is also the matter of quickness and agility.

An Explorer Sport is quick and fast but it is not agile. Big power and torque can make it go fast but you can’t expect it to handle like an Accord or Civic.

However, if you have the money, you can buy one of the ubersedans (M5, E63, RS6). These cars have great interior space, a big trunk, supercar-level engine outputs (600hp), crazy quickness (3 seconds on 0-100kmh), and handles like other sports cars. It’s the choice of guys in suits who drive up to 250-300 kmh in the German autobahns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    it would be great to know the ave. hrsprs in a given segment as compared for example 5 or 10yrs ago.
    kunwari ppv or c-segment cars.

syempre alam natin may increase sa ho especially for ppv. pero contrast na din sa weight gain ng succeding models.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    it would be great to know the ave. hrsprs in a given segment as compared for example 5 or 10yrs ago.
    kunwari ppv or c-segment cars.

syempre alam natin may increase sa ho especially for ppv. pero contrast na din sa weight gain ng succeding models.
    PPVs have had a significant power boost (without necessarily being heavier) due to VNT. Just as 10 years ago there was a big power bump too due to CRDi.

2010:
    Fort 2.5 - 102 hp
    Montero 2.5 - 134 hp
    Everest 2.5 - 136 hp
    Fort 3.0 - 163 hp
    Montero 3.2 - 165 hp
    Everest 3.0 - 160 hp

2020:
    Fort 2.4 - 147 hp
    Montero 2.4 - 178 hp
    Everest 2.2 - 160 hp
    MUX 1.9 - 148 hp
    Fort 2.4 - 178 hp
    Everest 3.2 - 200 hp
    MUX 3.0 - 177 hp

For compacts, not much change. In fact, the Altis has been using the same engine since 2011, while the Civic's engine has been the same since 2006. Not much revolutionary changes with econobox gas engines.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    An Explorer Sport is quick and fast but it is not agile. Big power and torque can make it go fast but you can’t expect it to handle like an Accord or Civic.
    I agree, hence I mentioned that there are fast cars on a straight line... and fast cars that can also handle well...

A fast and agile car will be more forgiving to mistakes by the driver.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast