New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Stewards probe Hamilton for tyre rule breach

Lewis Hamilton is facing a possible grid demotion after breaching a sporting regulation in morning practice at Interlagos on Friday.

The British championship leader, along with Jenson Button (Honda) and Takuma Sato (Super Aguri), will all be investigated by the stewards after the afternoon session for allegedly breaching article 25.3 relating to wet weather tyres, BBC Radio Five Live said.

It is claimed that the trio used two sets of wet tyres on Friday morning, where the rules say only one set may be used.

Article 25.3 reads: 'No driver may use more than one set of wet and one set of extreme weather tyres during P1 and P2'.

BBC Radio said a demotion of five grid positions is a possible sanction, but the stewards may also consider a solely monetary penalty.

With just Sunday's Brazilian grand prix to go in 2007, Hamilton is four and seven points ahead of Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen respectively in the drivers' classification.

Whew!

This is interesting. I'll keep a close tab on the developments here....

4202:banned:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Well, LH is a free racer for Sat/Sun.....

Hamilton escapes punishment

Oct 19 2007

Lewis Hamilton has avoided a sanction for Sunday's title-deciding Brazilian Grand Prix following another brush with the stewards.

McLaren, though, have been fined 15,000 euros (£10,445) for using two sets of wet-weather tyres on Hamilton's car in first practice at Interlagos.

Hamilton said: "We did a slow out lap on wet tyres, then came in and went out on another set. It was an easy mistake to make. We didn't do it intentionally and there wasn't any benefit."

The same penalty applies to Honda and Super Aguri as Jenson Button and Takuma Sato also breached the Formula One sporting regulations that state only one set can be used in Friday's two sessions.

All three teams also have to return one set of wets to ensure no advantage is gained by using part-worn wet tyres.

McLaren team boss Ron Dennis added: "It was a 100% team mistake. Lewis did an installation lap on one set of wet tyres and we just put on another set. It was nothing to do with Lewis. It wasn't as if there was any advantage, but it's clearly a breach of a rule."

Hamilton, who will win the title on Sunday if he finishes at least second, can take heart from his first outing on this circuit having posted the fastest time of the day in practice.

Leaden skies and light rain had dominated the first session, but on a drying track in the afternoon, he was quickest with a lap of one minute 12.767secs.

Team-mate and chief title rival Fernando Alonso, who completed only an installation lap in the morning run, was second fastest, just 0.122secs down on the 22-year-old Briton he trails by four points in the standings.

Then came the Ferraris of Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen, who had been quickest in the wet in the initial 90-minute period.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Personally, I would have liked Hamilton better if he was a bit more humble. Greatness is not just of deeds but of character.

Still hes a great driver. Its going to be a race down the line on Sunday between three very good drivers, One already proved himself, one should/deserved to have been a champion a long time ago, and of course the other is well ... L. Hamilton.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's Massa, Hamilton and Raikkonen tomorrow at Brazillian GP. Alonso start on the 2nd grid together with Kimi.

Kimi to win!!!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Failed to watch qualifying early this morning. It was in our cable broadcast. However, it looks like LH is in a strong position, in between FM and KR. FA is 4th.....

We'll see on race day. I will not miss this one.....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    From way I see it in the qualifying. It looks to me that the Ferrari is in good shape to win and It could have been a pole position for Kimi if not distracted by LH upon exiting the pit.

Q1 and Q2 was dominated by Ferrari.

now my own analysis is?

1. Massa must be running on low fuel load.
    2. I am expecting that Kimi will push LH very much since his car is faster than LH.
    3. Alonso has a lesser chance of winning the championship.
    4. I can see a Ferrari victory for this race.
    5. LH will still get the crown if he can race at it's own pace and stay calm. He only needs to finish at least 5th behind Kimi and ahead of Alonso.
    6. It will be very exciting if the rain will come out in the race. If this will happen? all the speculations will change.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Race start in Sao Paulo at 1400 hours

1200mn Philippines Time

1700 hours UK Time

Keep you update guys for those who can't watch it live

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Race start in Sao Paulo at 1400 hours

1200mn Philippines Time

1700 hours UK Time

Keep you update guys for those who can't watch it live
    Puyatan ito mamaya :D.

Hamilton pa rin ako.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Massa, Kimi, Alonso.....LH is in 8th position.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GO KIMI!!!!!

up to 2nd

Hamilton locked brakes, wala na sya sa top 5!!!!!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
F1:  Interlagos 2007 Brazilian GP