New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Philippines. Wala ba sa cable? Kasi pwede sya makuha via diff Sats dito sa Asia.

BBC na ang official partner ng F1 sa UK. sa ITV kasi lagi may ads. Yung mga bago kasing F1 *******s, ad free na.

im just not sure kung may BBC channel sa mga local cable companies pero alam ko meron e.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm not comparing Honda with the banks, per se. I'm comparing the use of the very assuring statement that the "brink of collapse is far from happening". Like I said, people also have invoked that statement very early on with the banks and the US autos. My comparison here is the way people say that something is far from collapsing. I also never implied that just because a company leaves a sport, it is in the brink of collapse either.

Since we are not privy to their corporate books, being non-shareholders, then it is safe to say we are both speculating whether Honda is indeed in the brink of collapse, or 'very far from happening'. There is no right or wrong speculation on hindsight.

Well anyway, the substance of my argument about this issue was about the suggestion that perhaps Honda is kicking themselves now, for selling the team. My point was, evenif Brawn GP will eventually become world champions this season, I guess Honda would still have made the logical decision to abandon Formula One. They spend more than $100 million running the team, with little profit from it. And there is no assurance that Brawn GP would have still made the podiums today if it were using a Honda engine at the back.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    By the way, ING will leave Renault after this season. RBS has abandoned Williams. While Intel is no longer a title sponsor for BMW.

Amusingly, Marlboro remains on long term contract with Ferrari, eventhough it is running nothing but a barcode on the red cars.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Of course it's a good decision to sell the F1 outfit because their engines are worthless so obviously, there is absolutely no way that Jenson would've been at the front this season if he's still driving a Honda powered car.

Honda F1 engines burn well though. I always wait for their fireworks every GP. :bwahaha:

Like Ford Jaguar, Honda will not be missed in F1. Nobody even cared that they are gone. hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    By the way, the Brawn Cars might soon be renamed as Virgin Cars later in this season, as Richard Branson might be willing to open up more of his wallet to become a full-pledged title sponsor. Branson should take advantage while the cars are exposed on the podium right now. His Virgin brand is not very prominent.
    Virgin GP?? Parang ang pangit pakingan. From what I heard Mr. Branson is interested in acquiring an F1 team not just sponsoring it. That means either he starts a new team or (heaven forbid) buys Brawn GP.

Also Im beginning to think that Jenson Button has a better handle on his car than Barichello. If you think that Australia for Button was a fluke then you cant really think that way again after Malaysia. All sorts of things happened there like his off at the starting lap, the flood that happened yet still he was able to finish first at the end.

It could be that his talents were under appreciated because of all the mediocre cars he was getting and that his time only really shone with cars like the Brawn.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, absolutely. Jenson is a really good driver, just unlucky with the cars he got before.

Hamilton, with a more powerful and hi-tech car, didn't get a chance to beat Jenson in the rain.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    While other teams were waiting for two hours under the rain for the possible restart of the race...

:bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

JB is one of the better drivers in the rain.... Remember when he won 1st place, I think in 2006, in one of the GPs in Europe under heavy rain?...

7808:spam:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hungarian Grand Prix yun...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks for reminding, bro.....

I just realized,- it was already a long time ago.... I believe that it was the time when he was torn between McLaren and Honda................... Long wait for JB....

7808:spam:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
F1: 2009 Malaysian GP