New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    Well at least naitama ng stewards ang unang pagkakamali nila. How stupid of them to issue a penalty based on incomplete evidence in the first place.

But to Hamilton and McLaren for blatantly lying. I really hate that liar Hamilto now grrr.
    I guess Hamilton and in particular McLaren still havent learned their lesson when they were penalized for stealing trade secrets from Ferrari 2 seasons ago. More and more Mclaren may be earning an unwanted reputation of being a team of liars and cheaters.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    This season IS really interesting.

bwahahahahaha

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Kimi... crashing into the wall again on his own before retiring.
    Ha ha that is funny. But what else is new? Hes been doing that since last year...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kimi is not worth his money. I still say Alonso is the best driver in the field right now...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Banned banned banned

Further action against Hamilton possible

A spokesman for F1's governing body late Thursday would not rule out ‘further action’ against McLaren Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton.

Following a reconvened stewards hearing at Sepang, the reigning world champion was excluded from the results of the Australian Grand Prix, having been found guilty of ‘deliberately misleading’ the Melbourne inquiry.

"We could not rule out further action at this stage," the spokesman said in Malaysia.

It is Hamilton and McLaren's breach of article 151c of the International Sporting Code that could carry penalties ranging from reprimands to total exclusion from the championship.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    You can add "Sneaky" to the list of qualities Hamilton has. Now Ferrari and Mclaren are in the same standing...ZERO.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...an-grand-prix/
    Take note...

the FIA claims that Hamilton told them he was not instructed to let Trulli past.

However, in all interviews, he says that he was instructed to let him past, to avoid a penalty.

The FIA have released radio transcripts from McLaren's pit-to-driver conversations, which show that Hamilton was instructed to let Trulli past then told to hold the position, but Hamilton received the second order only after Trulli had passed him. McLaren asked him to give it back because they didn't know how he had passed Trulli, since they were behind the safety car, and were afraid of another silly penalty. They were just confused.

They've also released copies of the interview with the media. Hamilton never hid anything and told everyone everywhere he'd given back the position.

Now, suddenly, a week later, the FIA have "suddenly" found out that Hamilton had said that. And now they're claiming he told them something different. Why haven't they released a transcript or recording of their OWN interview with Hamilton? The one in which they claim he said he wasn't instructed to let Trulli past.

Now... don't you find that a bit... odd? Why would McLaren give back a position it could've held till the end of the race? What would you gain from it? Trulli had the faster car, but Lewis could defend him to kingdom come, thanks to KERS. Glock couldn't get past Alonso's KERS-equipped car, either. Two or three laps aren't enough for Trulli to fight back for the position.

McLaren only gave back that position because they didn't want to be penalized. After last season, who amongst you can honestly say they wouldn't be penalized for overtaking Trulli under the safety car... even if he actually went off?

The FIA is full of bull-crap. Short and simple. First the stupid Vettel penalty (though he admitted he was in the wrong, it was a 50:50 thing), then the utterly stupid Trulli penalty, then the doubly-stupid McLaren penalty.

And it's just the first race.

Somebody wake me up when the stewards stop f*cking with the races. I don't want to watch another 2008.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bigyan natin ng Right to Reply yung FIA

McLaren did mislead stewards, FIA insists
    Resulting in Trulli being 'unfairly penalised'

Contrary to McLaren's denial, the FIA late on Thursday insisted the team and Lewis Hamilton misled the stewards during an inquiry at Albert Park last Sunday.

The reigning world champion has been disqualified from the results of the event, having told the stewards that Jarno Trulli illegally overtook him under the safety car towards the end of the Melbourne race.

A statement issued by the FIA reveals that stewards asked Hamilton and Team Manager David Ryan 'specifically' whether the British driver was instructed to allow Trulli's Toyota to pass him.

"Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given," the FIA said.

"The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so," the statement added.

Also released by the governing body on Thursday was a recording of a post-race media interview, in which Hamilton admitted that McLaren told him to let Trulli pass.

The FIA also published audio and text transcripts of radio conversations between Hamilton and the pitwall, where the team told its driver: "Allow the Toyota through now."

The FIA said the stewards feel "strongly that they had been misled" by Hamilton and McLaren "which led to Jarno Trulli being unfairly penalised and Lewis Hamilton gaining third place."

E.A, Source: GMM
    Ayan malinaw.
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 3rd, 2009 at 07:53 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    He admits it but says its not his fault...

I am not a liar, insists Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton has insisted he is not dishonest after being disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix for misleading race stewards.

The Englishman said sporting director Dave Ryan, who has been suspended after 35 years with McLaren, had instructed him to "withhold information".

"I'm not a liar or a dishonest person," said the 24-year-old on Friday.

World champion Hamilton also insisted the debacle was "definitely the worst thing I've experienced in my life".

He added: "I could not tell you how sorry I am for the embarrassment.

"I apologise to the race stewards for wasting their time and making them look silly."

"This is not an easy thing to do, to step back and realise I was in the wrong. But I was in the wrong, I was misled."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7980593.stm

If that was done in court, admitting to lying/withholding evidence/perjury, ano ang parusa?
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 3rd, 2009 at 07:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Although both pundits have their points, I would argue that whoever was wrong in the matter was in regards to 'malice'.

Looking at the FIA I could not see them siding either way of McLaren or Toyota. In fact they were all too willing to award Hamilton the points (which Hamilton was all too willing to accept ) when they discovered something was amiss with Trulli. The FIA was trying to be impartial. Lets say it messed up its decision but at least its intent was clean.

However in this case I have to point out that it was McLaren who purposely withheld information about its conduct and therefore was acting with 'malice' or shall we say 'malicious intent' and therefore in my opinion is the guilty party.

But then again I hold to the axiom let the punishment fit the crime and in this case I believe the punishment metted out to Hamilton et al was enough and any more punishment beyond this is I think excessive.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Liars never win....

"I lied.... hahahaha"
    or
    "When you're ahead, keep quiet"....

Not a good stance from a World Champion....

7707:band:

"I am Sorry" --- familiar a...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
F1: 2009 Australian Grand Prix