New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay. That makes it all clearer.

Strange that Hamilton told them one thing and told the public another... a sign of rebellion against what he was told to do? Because if it was Hamilton's decision, he would have stuck to the agreed on line for his post-race interviews.

Still, he is guilty of complicity with the Team Manager in this... I expect there will be some form of penalty meted to him. I just don't know how bad.

And yes, my respect for him went down two or three notches. He's still a terrific driver... probably the fastest of the non-super-diffuser field in the current line-up... but still...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Okay. That makes it all clearer.

Strange that Hamilton told them one thing and told the public another... a sign of rebellion against what he was told to do? Because if it was Hamilton's decision, he would have stuck to the agreed on line for his post-race interviews.
    He gave the interviews BEFORE the meeting with the stewards. He knew fully well that he stands to gain a point and a podium from Trulli's punishment as a result of his testimony. Definitely there is malice why he went along with Ryan's line.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di pa tapos ang telenovela...

FIA calls McLaren before the WMSC
    Explanations demanded regarding ''Liegate''

As the "Liegate" affair continues to attract attention, the FIA formally announced today that the McLaren Mercedes team has been invited to appear at an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in order to explain the declarations made before the stewards following the Australian Grand Prix

Today the FIA confirmed a special hearing relating to the matter, to be held on Wednesday 29 April.

FIA statement:
    "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has been invited to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on Wednesday, 29 April, 2009, to answer charges that, in breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, it

* on 29 March, 2009, told the stewards of the Australian Grand Prix that no instructions were given to Hamilton in Car No. 1 to allow Trulli in Car no. 9 to pass when both cars were behind the safety car, knowing this statement to be untrue;

* procured its driver Hamilton the current World Champion, to support and confirm this untrue statement to the stewards;

* although knowing that as a direct result of its untrue statement to the stewards, another driver and a rival team had been unfairly penalised, made no attempt to rectify the situation either by contacting the FIA or otherwise;

* on 2 April, 2009, at a second hearing before the stewards of the Australian Grand Prix, (meeting in Malaysia) made no attempt to correct the untrue statement of 29 March but, on the contrary, continued to maintain that the statement was true, despite being allowed to listen to a recording of the team instructing Hamilton to let Trulli past and despite being given more than one opportunity to correct its false statement;

* on 2 April, 2009, at the second stewards' hearing, procured its driver Hamilton to continue to assert the truth of the false statement given to the stewards on 29 March, while knowing that what he was saying to the stewards was not true."

Daniel BASTIEN
    © CAPSIS International

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Transcript Of Hamilton Mclaren Radio Communication

Formula 1's governing body the FIA has published the radio communication between reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton and his McLaren-Mercedes team that led to the British star being disqualified from third place in last weekend's 2009 curtain-raising Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.

The transcript reads as follows...

McLaren: OK Lewis, you should need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn't matter, but no overtaking. No overtaking.
    Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line at the second corner...is this OK?
    McLaren: Understood, Lewis. We'll confirm and get back to you.
    LH: He was off the track. He went wide.
    McLaren: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.
    LH: OK.
    LH: He's slowed right down in front of me.
    McLaren: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie [Whiting – FIA race director].
    LH: I let him past already.
    McLaren: OK, Lewis. That's fine. That's fine. Hold position. Hold position.
    LH: Tell Charlie I already overtook him. I just let him past.
    McLaren: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G 5, yellow Golf 5.
    LH: I don't have to let him past. I should be able to take that position back, if he made a mistake.
    McLaren: Yes, we understand Lewis. Let's just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4 if you hold this position. Just keep it together.
    McLaren: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrott 2.
    LH: Any news from Charlie whether I can take it back or not?
    McLaren: Still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.
    McLaren: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.
    McLaren: If we are able to use one KERS that would be good. If you deploy KERS please do so now.
    McLaren: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in; you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Whew! Be careful of what you say... Big Brother is listening all the way...

7808:spam:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
F1: 2009 Australian Grand Prix