New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    maiba ako, do you guys slow down a bit too whenever a faster vehicle approaches? Feeling ko kasi mas safe yun for both cars eh
    Salamat sa sasagot.

Sent from my E5553 using Tapatalk
    If I am on the faster lane (left) and a much faster vehicle is approaching, I would just switch to the slower lane and continue on my cruising speed.

If I am on the faster lane and the slower lane is packed with slower vehicles, I will stay on my lane until I pass the slower vehicles. The approaching vehicle will have to wait till I clear my passing maneuver. I am not impeding traffic as there is no way for me to move safely to the slower lane due to the number of slower vehicles.

This is how most folks drive on US interstates or expressways. I have not driven on the German autobahns (with no speed limit zones) but the rule on them is that cars keep right and pass only on the left. Even if you're driving at the electronic limits of most Euro cars of 255 kmh, you keep right unless passing a much slower vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    maiba ako, do you guys slow down a bit too whenever a faster vehicle approaches? Feeling ko kasi mas safe yun for both cars eh

Salamat sa sasagot.

Move over to the left lane (slow lane). After all, why get in the way of a person determined to kill him/herself?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Ah oki
    I usually stay on middle lane/s naman
    MINSAN lang kasi may eksena medyo similar kay egan, nasa middle lane na ako tapos si fast car nasa overtaking lane na pero may auto sa harapan nya. Kaya nag slow down ako incase gusto nya mag overtake using my lane.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ah oki
    MINSAN lang kasi may eksena medyo similar kay egan, nasa middle lane na ako tapos si fast car nasa overtaking lane na pero may auto sa harapan nya. Kaya nag slow down ako incase gusto nya mag overtake using my lane.

I will let him pass on my lane if there is enough gap for him to pass safely and him informing me ahead of time of his intention (using proper signals). I usually cruise at the speed limit so someone passing me must be doing 20% over the limit or even faster. If an a** is driving slow on the fast lane and I travel faster on the middle lane (which is common in SLEX), the approaching faster vehicle has no choice but to wait till I clear the slower car on the fast lane.
    Last edited by Egan101; October 11th, 2016 at 12:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah oki

The best way to prevent accidents is to be predictable. If you can't change lanes, continue at whatever speed you are going.

If you feel that the situation may become dangerous, signal to change lanes and move over to the slow lane. But DO NOT suddenly change speed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The best way to prevent accidents is to be predictable. If you can't change lanes, continue at whatever speed you are going.

If you feel that the situation may become dangerous, signal to change lanes and move over to the slow lane. But DO NOT suddenly change speed.
    Thanks bro. akala ko talaga i was doing the right thing by slowing down.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Marami din nag drag racing sa commonwealth avenue noon. Ngayun wala na. Pati na rin sa subdivision papunta sa amin, nilagyan ng madaming humps

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dolengleng View Post
    Anyone use to go to greenhills around 1979 or 1980 for drag racing?
    Yes i did, Greenhills, Marcos Hi-way, and sometimes Porac.
    1982-1984. I used Galant but drove for my friend's Lancer, Corona. Uso pa nun setups. Single side, Twin side. etc.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i know a guy who crashed while racing along ortigas greenhills area

that was in the early 2000s

he survived but his friend in the passenger seat died

just saying

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    yes it's too dangerous. If I know then (i was young) that it is that dangerous, i wouldn't have done it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast