New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    White Plains to Alabang is around what, 26 to 27 km? That would be 16 to 17 miles. I know I can walk 7 miles in 2.5 hours. I've done it many times. 17 miles would take around..... 6 maybe 7 hours? Reaching Alabang at first light sounds about right.

As for best friend.... Yes. He's my best friend. We were supposed to be at his house and not running around the metro at night.
    parang ang tagal bro 6-7 hours, baka may dinaanan pa kayong iba ^_^
    nakaka miss din yung mga patakas-takas ka para gumimik, nakakatuwa pa feeling ko nun (pag naalala ko); feeling kewl ako kasama older cousins and friends ^_^

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    parang ang tagal bro 6-7 hours, baka may dinaanan pa kayong iba ^_^
    nakaka miss din yung mga patakas-takas ka para gumimik, nakakatuwa pa feeling ko nun (pag naalala ko); feeling kewl ako kasama older cousins and friends ^_^
    It's 6-7 hours. Back then, there was only EDSA and the South Expressway. I can't remember the first leg very well except I was scared because of the deep trouble I'd be in if I got caught. But, I remember being on EDSA walking on a bridge across a river. Then, we reached that part near Assumption School. We used to visit there and ogle the pretty girls. So, I'm kinda familiar with the place.

I can remember next reaching Magallanes (the QUAD theaters were still there) and then walking along the high ramp turning left and headed south. There was no sidewalk. We walked along the concrete barrier, hoping no car would hit us. Not much to worry because the road was deserted. Hard to imagine. But, that's what it was like back then. Once we headed south, the MIA perimeter fence was next. We can see various jet airliners landing and taking off. after that, there was nothing but grass fields all the way to Alabang.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 5th, 2016 at 03:36 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^ah i get it, kasi nga iikot pa ng edsa
    maiba ako mga bros, kunyari nag park ako at nanood dun. pati ba ako huhulihin?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I watched the races a few times. By the early 80's, the cops weren't as hard in enforcing the curfew. One time after watching a race, we somehow ended up at a bar near UST. We got stopped at a checkpoint. The cops were armed. But, one cop took a long good look at all of us, shook his head, and told us to drive safely home.

He probably knew where we've been considering my friend's Celeste had a throaty exhaust from the headers.

I remember as a newbie, I mistook headers for fedders. That friend set me straight.

"Headers, not Fedders. Fedders is an air conditioner."
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 6th, 2016 at 02:21 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    tapos na maliligayang araw ng drag racers. apparently galit si president-elect digong sa mga ito.

"my gad, I heyt drags!"

btt: yup meron pa din sa mindanao ave. balita ko malaki daw pustahan ewan ko lang kung totoo.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Sa Whiteplains pustahan 100k alam kong pinakamababa galing pa yata sa porbinsya yung kalaban na SiR Text by invitation na ngayon

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Alabang and Santa Rosa scenes fizzled out a few years ago. Too much police presence.

-

There are still some wild drags that occur in the provinces, though... out where there are no police or people.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dolengleng View Post
    Anyone use to go to greenhills around 1979 or 1980 for drag racing?
    Present

Was there 85 to mid 86

We (my kumpare and I) raced in a beat up 1972 super bug with a secret sauce engine and 4" diameter steel pipe for rear suspension. Did a total of 4 races back then.

Man, the memories of a carefree youth hahaha !!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    SKYWAY... race starts 2am until 3am... sinasara eto.

Text invitation lang. Only real sports car lang ang pwede hindi pwede mga low end car modified.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Guys, any events coming up in Paranaque area soon?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast