New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Sa Whiteplains back in the days hehe para fast and the furious
    btw meron parin ngayon sa mindanao ave and white plains correct me if I'm wrong

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Sa Whiteplains back in the days hehe para fast and the furious
    btw meron parin ngayon sa mindanao ave and white plains correct me if I'm wrong
    almost every night (weekday) 10-11pm nadaan ako sa green meadows. san banda dun?
    di ako pupunta ha, iiwasan ko LOL

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dolengleng View Post
    Anyone use to go to greenhills around 1979 or 1980 for drag racing?
    I didn't drive. But, some of my friends had cars (Celeste and the new box-style Lancer) and they'd take me along with them. We always had to watch out for the curfew. One time, the cops crashed the party and we scattered. A friend and I lost our ride in the confusion and we ended up walking home. I still recall walking along that highway headed to Alabang around 3 am.

No cops. I guess they didn't expect people to be walking by the expressways. *Back then, there were very few buildings. Most of the area between EDSA and Alabang were still grass fields.* It was morning and daytime when we reached Alabang.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 3rd, 2016 at 04:30 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I didn't drive. But, some of my friends had cars (Celeste and the new box-style Lancer) and they'd take me along with them. We always had to watch out for the curfew. One time, the cops crashed the party and we scattered. A friend and I lost our ride in the confusion and we ended up walking home. I still recall walking along that highway headed to Alabang around 3 am.

No cops. I guess they didn't expect people to be walking by the expressways. *Back then, there were very few buildings. Most of the area between EDSA and Alabang were still grass fields.* It was morning and daytime when we reached Alabang.
    wow naging bestfriend mo siguro yan kasama mo maglakad
    imagine bro mas mabilis pa yata lakarin noon vs. ibyahe ngayon sa rush hour plus payday friday, yung white plains to alabang

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Dati sa Daang Hari & Molino Rd. Meton pa ba?
    Nakita ko dati si Jolo Revilla dito.
    I doubt sa Molino Road. Sobrang daming road works ngayon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dolengleng View Post
    Anyone use to go to greenhills around 1979 or 1980 for drag racing?
    Nood lang with my dad and kuya. Celeste, Pinto, SRs (Corolla), Manta and those mga lumang Corona na kargado..... dun kami sa Caltex naka park.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    almost every night (weekday) 10-11pm nadaan ako sa green meadows. san banda dun?
    di ako pupunta ha, iiwasan ko LOL
    Meron pa din mga 3-5 hits lang... walang oras at araw particular. Text by invites lang.

twice na ako nakapunta this year.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    wow naging bestfriend mo siguro yan kasama mo maglakad
    imagine bro mas mabilis pa yata lakarin noon vs. ibyahe ngayon sa rush hour plus payday friday, yung white plains to alabang
    White Plains to Alabang is around what, 26 to 27 km? That would be 16 to 17 miles. I know I can walk 7 miles in 2.5 hours. I've done it many times. 17 miles would take around..... 6 maybe 7 hours? Reaching Alabang at first light sounds about right.

As for best friend.... Yes. He's my best friend. We were supposed to be at his house and not running around the metro at night.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I just wanted to share this. Got it from TopGear website. A common sight during the drag racing days in GH. This is a car I drool for. Look at that engine with 2 single barrel side draught Weber carbeuretors & those beautiful headers. Sad to say, the last time I saw one in the metal was 2 years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ford-mexico-8.jpg   ford-mexico-9.jpg   ford-mexico-4.jpg  

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Meron pa din mga 3-5 hits lang... walang oras at araw particular. Text by invites lang.
    twice na ako nakapunta this year.
    bro na tyempuhan ko nung friday night pauwi ako. may sleeper dun na corolla 90's walang plaka green (not sure kasi dilim) ang bilis umarangkada pero di during a race ha, from white plains/katipunan pag green ng ilaw humataw tapos huminto kasama nung ibang nakatambay na "pormadong kotse" along road papuntang edsa. hamunin ko sana ng papogian eh, kaso pauwi nako hahaha

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast