New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    akala ko you guys were referring to "graduates" of A1 driving school. wala kasing A1 racing sa bundok ko eh :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've only watched A1 twice, it's a lot more exciting even if di mo kilala ang drivers...

Kinda like comparing UAAP vs PBA where the former is more exciting and the latter is smothered with money decision and nothing else. hehe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you're talking about a destructive kind of excitement, A1 is second to NASCAR. I remember one time when a car even flipped over while following a safety car. I think it was Japan, which hit the car in front of him and turnturtled.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's fun in A1 is that it's unpredictable, and you have a lot of fighting and overtaking among drivers.

As for the crashes, wait one season. The format allows teams to change drivers on the fly, as the championship points are exclusively awarded to the team, not the driver. So other countries may be able to become competitive by bringing in fresh blood.

Others, without much of an open-wheeled training ground in their region... well, they'll continue to provide smash-up entertainment for the fans, and a moving obstacle course for the fast cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    A1 grand prix = parang kang nanunuod ng asian f3... in my opinion ah

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I don't see the reason why there's no pre-testing allowed. Now I know why there are numerous collisions in the sport. I guess it's a wrong approach to exciting races.[QUOTE]

Limiting pre-race testing eliminates the advantage of big budget teams who can have unlimited test sessions over underfunded teams with limited sessions due to budget constraint. In fact this rule would make racing more exciting and it would emphasize the drivers and mechanics skill and not the superiority of the teams machinery.

A1 grand prix = parang kang nanunuod ng asian f3... in my opinion ah
    kartings more exciting to watch than af3. very limited overtaking, huge gap between teams budgets,technology,expertise and reliability issues

The US effort doesn't seem to be that serious.
    They were serious but the best us driver to invade europe scott speed started well in a1 but had to go because of his commitment to redbull f1. phil giebler not that popular in the us. Reason why us is not a force in a1 maybe beacuse european and american racing cultures are different and a1 is more of european style of racing.

Tyson or Enzo could have easily won a number of races here
    Ananda Mikola and Christian Jones are both pwerhouses in the af3 series. if you look at their a1gp results ananda is more consistent finishing in top 10, even battled for fifth once, and is always a mid pack qualifier as compared to christian slowest times during practice sessions and at the bottom end during the gp. Main reason is Ananda has been racing in Europe for a couple of years. He even raced in F3000 which was then the feeder series for F1. champions of f3000 Jean alesi,zonta, juan pablo,montoya, nick heidfeld, wilson, luizzi,massa,bourdais.While Christian has very limited european experience and australia is not known for their open wheel series. Compare his results with australian drivers in a1 like marcus marshall,will power and will davison these drivers have been racing in europe.

Whats my point?Filipinos dont lack the talent. but talent is just a part of the puzzle for me level of philippine competition, corporate sponsorship, and media support are what we need to launch filipino racers internationally. For me af3 is a joke its not racing its like drivers doing qualifying sessions. if we want to prepare our drivers for the big leagues participate in formula renault asia, formula renault v6, formula toyota japan or better yet race in europe ueuro formula renault, or british f3 would be the best training grounds(very fierce competition).even japanese drivers are having a hard time in european racing.

Before filipino drivers think of f1 or even a1 we should first get at par with chinas ho pin tung( done testing with BMW williams), marchy lee, and hans lin.before trying ur luck in the intl racing scene. Very young and fast european drivers to watch out for Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, James rossiter, nelson Piquet.

As for the title of these thread they dont suck. Premat and lappiere drivers of team france are winers of the Macau GP.A horde of ex f1 drivers.champ car drivers carpentier, Fittipaldi, and Herta, Up and coming european drivers neel jani, robbie kerr, sean macintosh, and timo schneider to name a few.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Do you think many A1 drivers suck?