New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano yan James? 1-2-3 Mitsubishi? Potek ang angas!!! Proud Pajero Owner here!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    panalo team mitsubishi galing hehe

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    grabe, unbeatable na Mitsubishi

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    armand, 1-3-4. sayang 1-2-4 sana kung di lang najackpot si peterhansel eh, he could've won it again. at least he placed nicely pa rin. :D

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    another proud pajero owner!! hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kaya ko napilit din folks to get our pajero...

i forgot, 2002 ata or 2001, mitsubishi ranked 1-2-3-5. 3 gen3 pajeros and 1 strada. dabest! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How do they go about this rally ba? Medyo hindi ko maintindihan ang rules kasi it was my first time to watch it on TV. Ano ba to sabay sabay ang departure tapos unahan makarating sa destination using a map/compass? Chaka bakit may bikes and trucks? Ung isang truck sinagi pa ung isang SUV..hehe.

Congrats to team Mitsubishi!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    may 3 main categories - motorbikes (and quads), cars (or okay, SUVs and buggies), and the big trucks. they have subcategories pa like for cars, the T1 (modified class) and T2 (production class).

they leave the start point one at a time and this is basically who gets to the finish fastest. sometimes they use GPS, sometimes they rely on the map/compass but over the years, they're actually adding more stages without GPS assistance to make things more...challenging.

but as far as i know, on the last day sa beach, if they can spare it, even if they don't leave at the same time, teammates usually make it a point to cross the finish near each other, for parade purposes as well, like what mitsubishi has been doing. :D

the truck category is actually interesting too. i remember one dakar where a truck ran over a world-war2 landmine in the desert - blew out the rear wheel and damaged the rear diff. at least truck and not the car or bike, kung hindi yari yun. kakaaliw na nakakatakot. hehehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nugundam,
    Thanks for the thorough explanation. Parang gusto ko tuloy panoorin ulit. May replay kaya ito?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Dakar