New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    He's offering $3.5M to Sir Frank so as for BAR to keep him next year. Obviously, he wants out because BMW will be leaving the team for Sauber.

If you guys remember, he tried to force himself out of BAR to go back to Williams this year, but the court orders him to stay with the Honda-powered team. Now he's at it again.

I don't exactly know what this guy's disposition really is. He also recently proclaimed himself the best driver on the grid, hinting at future offers from Ferrari. Retired F1 driver Eddie Irvine, outspoken as usual, quickly commented that Schumacher will simply blow him away. Other speculations suggest that the scarlet team is eyeing more on the likes of Raikkonen.

For sure, all this is bullish. The McLaren and Renault duos are definitely better than him. Although I believe he can drive a Ferrari as fast as Michael, but he'll surely falter in other factors. He wasn't able to coax a problemmatic Benetton as well as his then teammate Fisichella during 2001. And in San Marino this year, he was easily passed by Schumacher's charging Ferrari unlike Alonso who kept him at bay until the checquered flag.

I think he ought to build up on his integrity and quit talking rubbish. A hearthrob he may possibly be, but this isn't Playgirl. He ought to clean up his act and remain loyal to a certain team for him to spend more seasons in an F1 car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This ain't the first time that his ego bloated up.

And it'll surely take him down in one way or another.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    button who?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lemme guess, another Jacque Villaneuve in the making?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    at least jacque was a former world champion. eh si button? honestly, what has he accomplished to think that he deserves to be in the best car? 5 yrs in F1 and no win. doesn't he know the meaning of the word contract?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah button what? hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mantoy
    at least jacque was a former world champion. eh si button? honestly, what has he accomplished to think that he deserves to be in the best car? 5 yrs in F1 and no win. doesn't he know the meaning of the word contract?
    Mantoy,

I was referring to the "ego" side of Button, not the talent side

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi
    Mantoy,

I was referring to the "ego" side of Button, not the talent side
    ah ganun ba? heheh. nabubwisit kasi ko ke button eh. kala mo kung sinong magaling.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Look at JP Montoya. When he signed a contract with Mclaren, Mclaren was the laughing stock of the start of 2004 season cuz their car s**ked. Walang siyang reklamo dahil he knows a contract is a contract. Now look where Mclaren is today.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    Look at JP Montoya. When he signed a contract with Mclaren, Mclaren was the laughing stock of the start of 2004 season cuz their car s**ked. Walang siyang reklamo dahil he knows a contract is a contract. Now look where Mclaren is today.
    That's a good case in point... i-de-defend ko sana si Jenson, but you got me thinking...

Jenson IS a good and exciting driver, but in terms of business decisions and personal life, I think he needs .

He's like the Robbie Williams (another egotistical Brit. :D ) of F1, brash, young, and full of himself.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Button buys out Williams contract