New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1 View Post
    sana bumalik si schumi from retirement, dapat manalo muna sya para ok ang retirement nya.
    I doubt that, he's a multi-millionaire, can live off of his wealth and his got nothing to prove as an F1 driver.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    boyferrari, he was the lollipop man in the gas station F1 pit crew segment.
    good stuff...
    Lollipop man ba? Why was he holding a gas nuzzle in one of the clips? Meron bang copy kaya nito sa Youtube? hehe

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by allen_the_great View Post
    oops, debris pla from rosberg's crash was what punctured schumi's tyre
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post

Schumi owned Fisi TWICE... hehehe... And no... it wasn't Fisi that clipped Schumi's rear wheel but a piece of CF. What a shame as Schumi could have challenged for a podium finish.

Michael Schumacher
    “I am very happy for Felipe who drove an amazing race. It is great for him to be the first Brazilian to win at Interlagos since Ayrton Senna. It would have been nice if I could at least have made it to the podium alongside him. I would also like to congratulate Fernando."

"Today, my race was compromised after the puncture I picked up on lap nine, when I had just passed Fisichella. I was unaware of it until the team told me about it on the radio. I had a good climb back up the order, thanks partly to an amazing car and exceptional Bridgestone tyres."

Debris or Fisi's "deliberate!?" moves....hmmmmm. Either way nobody seems to be complaining...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Debris or Fisi's "deliberate!?" moves....hmmmmm. Either way nobody seems to be complaining...
    I highly doubt Fisi can pull a stunt like that without getting his own
    car damaged in the process. Remember Renault still wants very much to
    win the Constructor's championship and they need Fisi's car intact to do that.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    boyferrari, he was the lollipop man in the gas station F1 pit crew segment.
    good stuff...
    Nakita ko na sa YouTube. Lollipop man nga siya. He was actually pouring oil also, kaya akala ko he was the one who pumped the gas.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    I highly doubt Fisi can pull a stunt like that without getting his own
    car damaged in the process. Remember Renault still wants very much to
    win the Constructor's championship and they need Fisi's car intact to do that.
    Bec. the spoiler tips are so sharp, a brief/slight rubbing is enough to cut a tire nearby and it would not necessarily result to any damage. I have seen this happen in the past seasons of races.

Ps: I did not watch the race so no further comment on Fisi culpability in that incident.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    When I saw that incident during the race, I thought it was a dare-devil move from Schumacher that back-fired on him. I never considered Fisi deliberately sliced Schumi's rear tyre. That's Schumacher for you, it's all-or-nothing. And I came to appreciate such moves eventhough detractors will find such moves as stupid.

But I will take the answer of the Bridgestone engineer who analyzed his tyre and concluded that it was a carbon fiber puncture that caused the failure.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bec. the spoiler tips are so sharp, a brief/slight rubbing is enough to cut a tire nearby and it would not necessarily result to any damage. I have seen this happen in the past seasons of races.

Ps: I did not watch the race so no further comment on Fisi culpability in that incident.

Err, excuse me but who says spoiler tips are sharp??? Also front wing and any
    aerodynamic parts that "stick out" are made of carbon fiber and although strong, are
    extremely thin and prone to break off. I doubt very much that merely "rubbing"
    a tire could result in deflation without the aforementioned "culprit" also breaking off.

But anyway read for youreself. Footage of the overtake clearly show there
    was no contact between Fisi and Schumacher at the time his tire
    deflated.

"The track was cleaned up and the race restarted at the end of lap six and Massa took off at great speed. And now the Safety Car's intervention worked against Michael because as he pushed the limits to pass Fisichella he probably picked up a bit of wreckage that cut his tyre. At first sight it looked as though he and Fisichella might have touched but careful examination of the available footage showed that this was not the case. Michael's car went suddenly wobbled when he turned in and he was suddenly crawling around to the pits, his left rear tearing itself apart as he went."

http://www.grandprix.com/race/r768racereport.html

Schumi comback drive is truly commendable but I will argue with you
    that Renault/Fisichella had anything to do with his misfortune..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Err, excuse me but who says spoiler tips are sharp???
    Before you make that kind of statement, have you even seen an F1 in person? Of course, the edges are not as sharp as a knife rather it is pointed with a blunt edge. The part I'm talking about are the barge ends on the front wing, where most contact occurs.

Also front wing and any
    aerodynamic parts that "stick out" are made of carbon fiber and although strong, are
    extremely thin and prone to break off.
    I agree with your observations that carbon fiber breaks off easily. Carbon fiber is obviously not malleable so when it breaks off, it gives off splinters and the remaining piece will have ragged sharp edges. Now based on your observations that carbon fiber breaks at contact, how is that upon the tire's contact to now sharp edges (as a result of breaking off during contact), you claim that....
    I doubt very much that merely "rubbing"
    a tire could result in deflation without the aforementioned "culprit" also breaking off.
    you contradict yourself. First you said, it breaks off easily upon contact and now you are implying it did not break off.

What do you think happens when you try rubbing a tire to a carbon fiber front wing? Either the wing gets disattached or it breaks off in splinters and sharp edges. Either way if it swings badly, both cars will to go to the pits.

But anyway read for youreself. Footage of the overtake clearly show there
    was no contact between Fisi and Schumacher at the time his tire
    deflated.
    Have you seen the footage yourself? I havent it seen it so that's why I'm not commenting on this topic.
    "The track was cleaned up and the race restarted at the end of lap six and Massa took off at great speed. And now the Safety Car's intervention worked against Michael because as he pushed the limits to pass Fisichella he probably picked up a bit of wreckage that cut his tyre. At first sight it looked as though he and Fisichella might have touched but careful examination of the available footage showed that this was not the case. Michael's car went suddenly wobbled when he turned in and he was suddenly crawling around to the pits, his left rear tearing itself apart as he went."

http://www.grandprix.com/race/r768racereport.html
    I'm just taking the driver's word for it bec. he is the one driving his car. If you choose to believe what people off-track or what they are often termed as the armchair sportsmen, write or say then that is your choice. I prefer information from first hand sources.

Schumi comback drive is truly commendable but I will argue with you
    that Renault/Fisichella had anything to do with his misfortune..
    Renault already won both title, There is no need to be defensive and persistent in digging up all sort of reasons for their success and shortcomings. I'm not contesting the results, relax.

The point I'm trying to make here is in my first post here, is that if the tables were turned and I wonder how would other people react if Alonso was overtaking Massa and suddenly Alonso comes out with a puncture. I can just imagine the kind of outroar that would react, even if Massa was not at fault.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    The point I'm trying to make here is in my first post here, is that if the tables were turned and I wonder how would other people react if Alonso was overtaking Massa and suddenly Alonso comes out with a puncture. I can just imagine the kind of outroar that would react, even if Massa was not at fault.
    I can understand where you are coming from, my man. And yes, I'm sure if that was Alonso and Massa, the conspiracy theories will never end that Alonso was sabotaged.

But in this case, I saw the incident live (on TV). If there was collision involved, I really would have thought Schumacher was to blame. He squeezed his Ferrari on Fisichella on a very dare-devil move.... it was too close for comfort. Too close.

When Schumacher's rear tyre started to shred, the first thing that came to my mind was that the MILD SEVEN fans will have a hayday blaming Michael for such risky moves (Some Alonso fans only adhere to calculating, good boy type of maneuvers. I find that boring though that's why I like Schumi's risky moves).

So when it was reported that the tire puncture was caused by carbon fiber, then I was relieved to know that it was a clean overtaking maneuver.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Brazilian Grand Prix