New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know how credible this news story is (i don't know the reputation of the linked site), but if this is true, BMW is threatening to leave F1 if Bernie & co. decide to ban the 3 liter V10 in favor of a 2.4L V8.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s107/st58283.htm

comments?

---------------

on another note, what do you guys think about the new Williams combo of Mark Webber and Jenson Button? i've always thought Button was the real deal (although he needs it to take it to another level to run with Rubens, Mike and Kimi consistently), but i don't know too much about Webber.

i guess anyone would be better than Ralf at this point....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ralf's not bad, just too erratic and too egotistical at times... but then, you need a big ego to race F1.

I think the rules are a crock. I'd sooner favor a rev limiter rule than a displacement change rule. This will allow them to keep horsepower down for a while, while at the same time make the engines last longer... keep costs down, and make the races more competitive. Maybe then we'd start seeing some more innovations in F1 that can trickle down to road cars.

I'm still pissed about the no turbo rule. (Honda-Mclaren fan here!) CART used to run turbo, too... and those were a lot of fun to watch.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    F1 is getting pretty boring hehe... i'd love to see it go back to manual transmissions with conventional clutches or something like that to put the game back to the drivers rather than to the computers hehe

why are they considering switching to 2.4 V8s?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, parang sa US Circuit Car ata, nag-out ang BMW dahil sobrang dominating yung E46 M3 nila kaya pinalitan nila yung rulebook to make BMW less dominating (pero causing the current development to fully dump their gameplan and develop "lower end" engines...

I think they're trying to do the same with Ferrari... I stopped watching F1 when Mika retired, not because I'm a Mika fan, but there's no challenge involved anymore... after the first few laps and the pitstops, wala na... waste of 2hrs in front of the TV.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If I'm not mistaken, Jensen Button will be staying with BAR in 2005. So, there's still an empty seat in Frank Williams' team.

Can't imagine why Button wanted to leave BAR in the first place. Hay ...
    Last edited by manolet01; November 3rd, 2004 at 07:39 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by manolet01
    If I'm not mistaken, Jensen Button will be staying with BAR in 2005. So, there's still an empty seat in Frank Williams' team.

Can't imagine why Button wanted to leave BAR in the first place. Hay ...
    Coz jenson believes that between williams and bar, williams is the team that can make him a champion. Plus, hindi maganda ang rapport ni jenson and david richards. Jenson has been complaining about the inapropriate bonus points that richards is giving him after securing a number of points for BAR.

I think partly to be blamed for all this confusion would be his management team. But of course Jenson call the shots.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can't understand how he can think that considering that BAR was definitely more consistent compared to Williams last season.

Personally, it just seemed like Jenson turned his back on a team that helped put him where he is now. Leaves a bad taste ...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mano: True, but with any professional athlete, you have to look after yourself din, like in BBall, you can be traded any time hehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I guess you're right. It just seemed that Jenson and BAR were the perfect team. They never really called attention to themselves but simply delivered the goods.

Oh well ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by manolet01
    I can't understand how he can think that considering that BAR was definitely more consistent compared to Williams last season.

Personally, it just seemed like Jenson turned his back on a team that helped put him where he is now. Leaves a bad taste ...

True, but when it comes to exclusivity and funding bmw has it. Lets see if BAR still got the edge next season. Pero I think it will be another ferrari domination. Maybe in 2006 we can see competitiveness

BMW threatening to leave F1?