New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    GH:
    nope... built-in feature of Lynx RS 2.0L engines. Rev it too high for too long (anything more than 5 seconds) and it drinks oil. If you do it long enough, it blows up. Natural built in rev limiter.
    haha

natural rev limiter nga

you stop revving when it seizes up

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Meron na ba nakapagcheck dun sa near NAIA3?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    I haven't driven past there late at night but often enough during the day time. The place seems great for such purposes. We'll see in a week or so when the weather is much better for these racers to come out.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nah... not five seconds. It takes about fifteen to thirty minutes of continuous high-revving. Thus, the only time it really drinks is either during dyno tuning or while pinging off the rev limiter while chasing GH on SCTEX

Which is weird... because the SR20 is supposedly more prone to water pump cavitation at high rpms, and GH didn't boil over on the way. Of course, hard to get high coolant temperatures when the wind going through the radiator is flowing at over 220 km/h... :hysterical:
    I was well aware of that problem but I didn't stay at 6500 to 7500 rpm range long enough for the water pump cavitation to give temperature problems. Advantage of not pinging off the rev limiter

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I haven't driven past there late at night but often enough during the day time. The place seems great for such purposes. We'll see in a week or so when the weather is much better for these racers to come out.
    Hindi ko lang din alam daan dun eh.
    I just hope its long enough.heheh.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I was well aware of that problem but I didn't stay at 6500 to 7500 rpm range long enough for the water pump cavitation to give temperature problems. Advantage of not pinging off the rev limiter
    Damn you and your longer gears and rev range! Hahaha... with the RS's short gearing, it felt like I was shifting twice as often as you... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    saw some of them. usually nightime but some are just hanging around i think..maybe its there meeting place before and after the races??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sa daytime madaming Pasay Traffic Police na mangongotong, sa gabi madaming Airport Police naman na rumoronda. So i guess street racing would be impossible to do here.

thank god walang nagaattempt na mag street race dito. madaming maaksidente or masasagasaan malamang

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Illegal activity. Dapat lang hulihin.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The lanes going towards the general direction of the Domestic Airport are relatively flat.... The opposite lanes (going towards the general direction of the ramp up to Skyway) are bumpy. Siguradong magliliparan ang mga nagkakarera roon....

8303:dishwash:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
anybody racing at julia vargas??