New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    damn!!sang yung streak ni schumi!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    all alonso have to do now is to finish the race with points that's it!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    malas naman ni schumi sorry loss for him, because of that lousy engine
    dapat resign naung ferrari engineers j/k

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Alonso will be a 2-time world champion after the brazilian GP
    Schumacher concedes title hopes after his engine failure.

http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1...chumacher.html

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Michael Schumacher throws in the towel?

Seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher today conceded this year's title race is over and handed the crown to rival Fernando Alonso. The retiring German admitted that Alonso, the defending champion, is in a virtually unbeatable position and therefore he will go to the final race of the season in Brazil aiming only to help Ferrari lift the constructors' championship.

"The drivers' title for me is finished, but we go to Brazil to win the constructors'," said Schumacher after an engine failure gifted victory to Alonso in the Japanese Grand Prix. It was his first engine failure in more than six years.

"Our team is great: the boys are the best I know. I'm very satisfied with all our mechanics and engineers in Ferrari. That's racing," he said. "You win and lose together. Today we all tried hard, we were first but lost the engine. That's Formula One. I'm not very disappointed. Life and racing is like this.

"We must be very proud of the work we've done, because in Canada we were 25 points behind, and neither you or others thought we'd come back. Now we are here, nine points behind in the constructors'."

Schumacher is ten points behind Alonso and can only take the title if the Spaniard fails to score a point in Brazil and he wins the final race.

"First of all we'll fight for the constructors' title in Brazil. We can also fight for the drivers', but we're 10 points behind," said Schumacher.

"I don't want to think of a race I must win with the other not finishing. I don't like that," he added.

Despite Schumacher facing the facts, Ferrari refused to give up hopes of a miraculous recovery in Brazil.

"Obviously we're very disappointed. Michael had his situation under control, but then Felipe suffered from a rear tyre puncture, and then this engine failure happened," said the team's Technical Director Ross Brawn. "Things just didn't quite work out today, but we're in this position now for all sorts of reasons.

"We didn't have a great start to the season, then Fernando lost his engine in Monza and so on, so really, it's a combination of things. But it is not over yet. It's a long shot, but we're definitely not giving up."

E.A.
    Source AFP
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 8th, 2006 at 06:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Schumi still has a chance. I'm definitely watching the next race.

RE: Alonso lucky? Considering he lost an engine himself a while back, I think this just evens things up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE: Alonso lucky? Considering he lost an engine himself a while back, I think this just evens things up.
    Onga naman!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Schumi still has a chance. I'm definitely watching the next race.
    a very remote and unlikely chance , that is. Bec. of my pessimistic outlook of the championship standings at least I dont have to stay up late to watch the race at Brazil.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Whahehehe... FA will be the champ. sorry na lang kay shumi, sayang winning streak nya.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ok lang at least hindi naging boring ang last half ng 2006 season diba

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Alonso, World Champion, again?