New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I guess the FA-FM pairing won't be peaceful...

Massa hits out against crash-gate robbery

Felipe Massa has got his 2010 pairing at Ferrari with Fernando Alonso off to an awkward start, asserting that the Spaniard's controversial win in Singapore last year "robbed" him of the world championship.

The Brazilian, who is recuperating from serious head injuries and set to return as Alonso's team-mate next season, suggested that the 28-year-old should have been disqualified as the winner of F1's first night race over the 'crash-gate' affair.

"All of what happened was robbery - but regarding the race nothing has happened, the result remains the same. This is not right," Massa told Brazilian Globo television.

"The robbery changed the outcome of a championship and I lost," he added, referring to Ferrari's botched pitstop that was triggered by the safety car period to clear Nelson Piquet's deliberately crashed Renault.

Massa said he cannot understand why F1's results are set in stone just weeks after the end of each championship, even when serious race-fixing later comes to light.

"I have seen in football how a referee took money to throw a game and all the suspect results were annulled," he charged.

"In Italy, Juventus were relegated. But here they just sent Briatore home. I don't get it and I don't think it was right."

Source: GMM
    © CAPSIS International

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hhhhmmmm,- happy faces? Let's observe them in the racetrack...... It's almost March....

9202:toothbrush:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nice shoes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Alonso to replace Raikkonen at Ferrari in 2010