New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think Toyota will be the next team for FA. Toyota has a vacant slot as Ralf bids farewell to Toyota at Interlagos.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Most likely Toyota nga. Toyota is overflowing with money to pay the high fees of Alonso.

It would be weird to go back to Renault after he left them in such ingrate manner.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka nalilito ako...akala ko ba Renault was to welcome him back with open arms? :confused: just kidding, i heard a rumor he was going to Red Bull

yeah, he's an ingrate, a whiner and a general a--hole, but it's funny how winning cures a lot of ills

and btw, Alonso is not Hispanic....he's Spanish, which is European/Caucasian/white.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Pikon kasi si nano

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Toyota would be most likely his team next year. But I would like him to drive a BMW since this car is more competitive as of this year's result.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Toyota will try to get him and partner with Trulli again. Renault is also an option and they should retain Fisi. Alonso will definitely get the number 1 status.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    Toyota.....i hope

Sana nga sa Toyota sya,magandang news yan,puwede rin sa BMW Sauber

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boyT View Post
    Toyota will try to get him and partner with Trulli again. Renault is also an option and they should retain Fisi. Alonso will definitely get the number 1 status.
    I don't think they'll retain Fisi. Rumors say Alonso will partner Piquet Jr., and with the 2007 lineup, Kovalainen scored more and had a podium, so they'd likely elect him to stay instead of Giancarlo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

They just closed the door for him at Red Bull Racing - Scuderia Toro Rosso....

He's only left with Renault-Flavio...

from www.itv-f1.com

Red Bull boss rules out Alonso deal
    Tuesday, 27, November, 2007, 17:14

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has moved to quell speculation that his team is chasing Fernando Alonso's services for 2008.

Following David Coulthard's assertion earlier this week that he is 100% certain to race for RBR next year, the Austrian billionaire himself ruled out the possibility of the double world champion joining the Red Bull stable in an interview with respected Swiss racing weekly Motorsport Aktuell.

"Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso have four drivers under contract," he said.

"From what I hear, Alonso is speaking to other teams about a one-year only deal. Such a deal is out of question for us.

"We would prefer to wait a year and prove that we can build a car which is capable of attracting one of the best Grand Prix drivers for 2009."

Alonso is out of contract after leaving McLaren by mutual consent following a catastrophic break down in relations and has subsequently been linked to Renault and Toyota, as well as Red Bull.

In his ITV column, Coulthard questioned the logic of the 26-year-old switching to RBR next year commenting: "I don't get the impression, based on Alonso's behaviour at McLaren, that he is happy to get variable results whilst knuckling down and developing the car into a winner."

Mateschitz admitted however that he expected his team to be in a position to bargain strongly for Alonso in 2009 if the 26-year-old secures a one-year deal elsewhere

"Of all teams which Alonso would have to chose, we for sure would be an alternative with big potential," said Mateschitz.

"We are looking for a two-year deal with an option for a third. We are looking for a common period of solid build-up."

4606:rock:
    Last edited by CVT; November 28th, 2007 at 09:16 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It would be weird to go back to Renault after he left them in such ingrate manner.
    Alonso left Renault because during that time the company was almost certain to dissolve its Formula 1 team due to financial woes. When the decision not to dissolve the team came at the last minute, it was too late for Alonso to go back since he already signed with McLaren.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Alonso Officially Leaves Mclaren