1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    Sino si Alfonso?

tawag namin ke alonso bro.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Well... ranking Alonso alongside Schumi (ehem... 7 time world champion... ehem) is a good enough credit for him IMO.

What I am driving at is to give Renault a big credit for their more competent package. Some people fail to recognize the crew behind Alonso... crediting solely the victory to the driver.
    Hehe... sorry, it's just irritating how other people put him down for precisely the same reason... saying that Renault is to be given the credit for his winning last season. At least he's proving now that he can still race against a competent Ferrari car, although McLaren's failings this year are ruining what could be a wonderful three-horse showdown...

That's actually the reason why Alonso feels the need to switch teams. To show people he can win without Renault.

It would be a shame to lose him... Flavio's Renault team over these past two or three years has become one of the best (if not the best) organizations in the business. They spend less money than any of the other front-runners, they run a tight ship, and they get results.

Their pit stops are probably only second to Ferrari's, and their reliability is second to none. If they can win without Alonso, then they would have proven something, also.

My favorite racing organization was once Chip Ganassi - Target in Champ Cars (they're still around). They won championships with Eddie Irvine, Alessandro Zanardi (the ultimate Italian a$$hole... my idol ) and Juan Pablo Montoya. They had the tightest pitstops and fuel strategies outside F1.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I agree that the car contributes a lot of factor whether a driver becomes a world champion or not.

Right now, does anyone honestly believe that Alonso is a much better driver than either Schumacher or Raikkonen simply because he wins races and always sits on pole position ?????

It's also a given fact that Schumacher lost his world title last year because his "supposed to be" upgraded Ferrari turned out to be a sucker and Bridgestone was horrible at that time.

There's just too many factors contributing to why a driver wins races or earn points. Doesn't necessarily mean Schumacher is a by-gone already.

If you will focus on just the last Monaco race alone, can anyone readily say that David Coulthard was a great driver because he won 3rd place on his Red Bull?

For me, what makes a great driver is his driving maneuvers. His daredevil acts. His ability to protect his position. Any driving moves that gives you the "ooohhhs" and the "aaahhhss". But if a driver wins the race simply because he was on Pole Position and cruising all the way to the finish line, not quite as exciting to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
3 in a row for Alonso