New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Photos:
    http://jus888.multiply.com

Videos:
    Friday.......... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw3STwp2z_A"]YouTube - 2008 Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Friday Practice[/ame]
    Saturday...... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X68oC-yZTg4"]YouTube - 2008 Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Saturday Qualifying[/ame]
    Sunday........ [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPwEUEv361o"]YouTube - 2008 Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Sunday Raceday[/ame]
    Porsche Carrera Cup.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9owpDs2GIY"]YouTube - 2008 Singapore Carrera Cup Asia - Sunday Raceday[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    <sorry double post>

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    It's fun to read back our posts from last year. And nobody believed my Flavioscam was possible.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    Going back to Fernando the original cry-baby, it's amusing he was lambasting his car when it gave up on him during Qualifying. He said, "The race is over! It's finished!". So what did good 'ol Flavio pulled out from his sleeves? He deliberately made Nelson Piquet Jr. crash into the wall to trigger the safety car just as Fernando was nearing the pitlane exit! What a perfect maneuver, eh? After the race, Flavio told the media that the safety car was for Rubens! Haha, nice try Paps!
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- that is the awesome tactician in the person of Lover Boy Flavio....
    Not for Nelsinho. His race seat for next season is on the line. Flavio's last radio message to him in Singapore was: "Lose the race, or lose the seat!" Seconds after that, the crowd heard a crash of metal near the grandstand.
    According to the Star Sports field reporter, the Renault team was pouring champagne over Nelson Piquet at the garage, as if he won the race.

It's not who Nelson had hurt the most, but who had benefitted the most. Alonso went smack right into the safety car's tail pipe. Ross Brawn is the only other person who can plot a slingshot manuever like that.

Whew! Well I did!

I just realized that we've had this discussion earlier.... Briatore is such a passionate Italian F1 guy.....

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually... I really believe it was an accident... it's a very hard thing for a racecar driver to actively want to lose a race...
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    With a conspiracy theory like that, you should be in hollywood. Its just as implausible as the plot of "Eagle Eye"...

Now, they're investigating it......

8601:matrix:

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Haha. Yes, it is amusing to relive the event all over again. You can say I could smell a Flavio Scam from a mile away.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hahaha!

I agree 100%. You have earned the monicker of Lover Boy Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds Buster!....

8707:soccer:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    excited na ako !

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Lewis Hamilton wins, Timo Glock gets his maiden podium, and Fernando Alonso gets 3rd. Vettel finishes 4th ending his championship hopes and Button gets 5th ahea of Barichello at 6th thus giving him a very strong position in the championship race. Next week at last we are back to the better Japanese track at Suzuka. I hope we stay there, Fuji sucks!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Next week at last we are back to the better Japanese track at Suzuka. I hope we stay there, Fuji sucks!
    Suzuka to host next three Japanese GPs

Suzuka will host the next three consecutive Japanese grand prix, the owners of the circuit announced in a statement on Sunday.

They had met at Valencia with F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone, to discuss how to move forward following the withdrawal from the calendar of the Toyota-owned Fuji Speedway.

Previously, Suzuka - to host this year's Japanese GP - was scheduled to only annually alternate the race hosting rights with Fuji.

But in a statement, it was confirmed that Suzuka will now host the event also in 2010 and 2011.

"We are delighted that the Suzuka circuit will now safeguard one of our most important national sporting events by playing host to the Japanese grand prix for the next three years," said Mobilityland Corporation president Hiroshi Oshima.
    F1complete.com

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Haha. Yes, it is amusing to relive the event all over again. You can say I could smell a Flavio Scam from a mile away.

Wait! Lover Boy Flavio is making an appeal!!!....

8800:juggle:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/447...-overturn-ban/

DISGRACED FORMER Renault F1 boss Flavio Briatore has launched legal action in a French court to overturn his lifetime ban from motorsport.

Briatore was handed the sanction by the FIA for his role in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix race fixing saga (with Nelson Piquet Jr instructed to deliberately crash to boost the podium chances of team mate Fernando Alonso).

Although the Italian wasn’t present at the FIA hearing which determined his fate, Briatore has challenged the governing body’s decision, claiming his punishment is excessive and metered out by President Max Mosley as payback for his role in FOTA’s revolt against the planned budget cap.

Briatore accused the FIA of denying him natural justice by “lacking impartiality”, “granting selective immunities” and engaging in “secret negotiation of the decision content before the hearing”.

“In this case, the FIA has been used as a tool to exact vengeance on one man,” he said in a statement.

“I have every confidence that the French courts will resolve the matter justly and impartially.”

The statement continued: “Flavio Briatore intends to obtain an order from the court quashing the FIA’s decision insofar as it relates to him, together with an order, subject to a penalty for non-compliance, requiring the Federation to withdraw any penalty imposed on him.

“He is also seeking damages and official publication of the court’s decision.”

Briatore has also claimed the FIA has abused its power in handing out punishment to a non-licensee and refusing to reveal a definitive length for his ban.

The Italian has gained support from a number of key members of the F1 paddock, including the sport’s commercial rights holder, Bernie Ecclestone and Australian star Mark Webber, who is managed by Briatore’s company.

The FIA’s ban has affected Briatore’s engagements away from motorsport, with the English Football League reconsidering his eligibility to hold a stake in Queens Park Rangers.

Briatore’s involvement in the race-fixing scandal breaches a key element of the Football League’s ‘fit and proper person’ rules, which prevents an individual from owning a club if they have been banned by another sporting body.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2008 Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix