New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    While Alonso & Briatore is still recovering from a hangover from partying last night... let's talk about the upcoming season.

> No more Michelins next year. The obvious benefactors would be the teams that are ran Bridgestones this year. With testing curbed down further - the data from 2006 would be crucial in matching a car's package with the appropriate rubber.

> McLaren. Sure the McLarens can be fast at times but it has sorely disappointed Kimi for the past two years. 2005 could have been McLaren's if they got together their act a few races earlier. 2006 was extremely disappointing as neither Renault nor Ferrari was challenged by the black & silver team. The JPM + Kimi tandem could have been something. Let's see if Alonso can make a difference there.

> Ferrari. The obvious favorite for next year's title. With Kimi on board (finally) and the emergence of Massa from obscurity just a year ago - things are looking good for next year. With Massa finishing a solid 3rd in points this year there seems to be no more #1 and #2 driver anymore.

> Renault. Seems like Mr.-I-don't-like-to-overtake is the team's #1 for next year but everbody's watching Flavio's new boy too. Will be they competitive enough for another run at next year's title?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i cant wait to see kimi in red!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a feeling that Michael Schumacher may make a comeback from retirement.

i know he has nothing left to prove but competition is in his blood. like MJ and Ali before him, i bet it's really tough for him to walk away.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    in 2005 - schumi finished 3rd
    in 2006 - schumi finised 2nd

in 2007 - "can" schumi win in it "again" now he is retired from racing... who knows

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kimi in red should be interesting.

well...schumi could try WRC and Dakar next.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    With Michael and Montoya gone, there's nothing much for next year. Half the fun is gone. And with the way the Ferrari is going, Kimi will be more like a substitute to Schumi's Sunday drives, with Massa being allowed to win after his teammate wins the WDC mid-season. Alonso should be able to provide some entertainment, that is, if the McLaren can run with the red cars. The MP4/21 didn't look as slippery as its predecessors, most likely because of the departure of aero genius Adrian Newey. Now he's in Red Bull, which doesn't have a chance to get the best power available, so his magic can only do so much there.

Renault is likely to be a boring team. They don't have a true #1 driver with the overly domesticated Fisichella and an inexperienced Kovalainen. They should have taken JPM, give him #1 status and he should be able to yield the performance expected from him at the start.

I really don't think Schumi will make a comeback. It's probably in his mind that it will be stupid to do such a thing. He has broken just about every record in F1 and hanged his helmet unscathed. I don't see him do a Michael Jordan and come out of retirement, since F1 can be fatal.

But as much as I'm a fan, a good team should bring Montoya back. Letting go of him is not a win situation for the so-called motorsports pinnacle. F1 doesn't gain anything after booting him, and NASCAR could double its worth just by his participation.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    kimi in red should be interesting.

well...schumi could try WRC and Dakar next.
    ...or DTM kasama si mika! tho i doubt if ferrari will let him drive a mercedes.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hongano...DTM! heheheh. pero i'd prefer schumi to do promotions na lang and commercials.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    the iceman & the prancing horse will definitely dominate F1 for 2007 and the coming years!!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and Alonso and the Mclaren team will have a record of DNFs he..he j/k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2007 Formula 1 Season