New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    In the Alonso/Massa stare-off it was Alonso who blinked first.
    I don't think Alonso blinked first. It was not a complete overtaking move, so the other driver is not obliged to yield his position. Massa was simply stone-cold and his foot was firmly glued on the gas pedal.

IN the replay I saw, Alonso's overhead camera showed that his car was clearly past Massa's Ferrari - but not exactly a full, clean overtaking manuever. So Alonso tried to cut him off hoping Massa will step on the brakes, but seems Massa had an epoxy on his gas pedal and he simply plowed his way into Alonso like a bowling ball.

Couldnt care less if both Alonso and Himself ended in the tire wall.
    Like Master, like Padawan.

Heck they're faster than the Honda, which is they're engine supplier. Tells you how much Honda's body design has deteriorated...
    I read in the news that Spyker.... again.... lodged a complaint against Super Aguri accusing that it is using a replica of last year's Honda chassis (with just some minor, superficial modifications), that's why Super Aguri appears to be in winning form.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    SCOTT SPEED must be the most boring race driver right now.

I think Torro Rosso renewed his contract this year only as a form of marketing gimmick to attract the Americans into F1 racing. If marketing is the primary purpose here, they will be way much better if they replaced Scott Speed with DANICA PATRICK or some other blonde chick from the U.S. racing circuit.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    SCOTT SPEED must be the most boring race driver right now.

I think Torro Rosso renewed his contract this year only as a form of marketing gimmick to attract the Americans into F1 racing. If marketing is the primary purpose here, they will be way much better if they replaced Scott Speed with DANICA PATRICK or some other blonde chick from the U.S. racing circuit.
    Now that would be very interesting! (and groundbreaking too!)

2701:bye:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    May balat sa fowet ata si Kimi.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    AFAIK, launch control was banned, although traction control still remains for now.

Everyone had launch control before... at least everyone who could afford it. Even after they banned it, though, Renaults still had terrific off-the-line performance.
    yes nik, that's what i exactly heard over steve slater last season. it's why
    he's so excited for 2008. like me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2007 F1 Spanish Grand Prix