New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You gotta feel sorry for Kimi. He transfers to what is arguably one of the most reliable teams on the grid (aside from Renault, who, sadly, have absolutely no pace this season) and these things keep happening to him.

But this is a long season. A lot of things can happen in the next few races.

At least this championship is a tad more interesting than some of the ones past. If it becomes a four horse race by the end of the season... yahoo!!!

IMO, KR could be rubbing his car a bit differently. This was the second time his second race (on a 2-consecutive-race-same-engine rule) was compromised,- first in Malaysia, due to a coolant leakage problem,- and now in Spain, a retirement...

Also, Ferrari has to work on improving their starts. Clearly, McLaren has the upperhand on the drags...

2701:bye:

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    It looks to me that FA chickened out on the 2nd turn, as clearly, he was ahead of FM (there appears to have been a slight contact though which could have forced him that move).... There could have been an accident there, which could have retired both of them.
    I read the post-race interview when Massa said he was determined to protect his position at all cost. That will translate to somebody who is out to accomplish his mission despite the collateral damage. Kinda scary, huh. But we seem to be missing some exciting crash fights for the past few races. Lets see what happens when my 2nd most favorite circuit race goes underway: MONACO!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IMO, KR could be rubbing his car a bit differently. This was the second time his second race (on a 2-consecutive-race-same-engine rule) was compromised,- first in Malaysia, due to a coolant leakage problem,- and now in Spain, a retirement...

Also, Ferrari has to work on improving their starts. Clearly, McLaren has the upperhand on the drags...

In other words... Kimi doesn't treat his girls very well? Honestly, maybe that's the big secret! What's frustrating is that we all know Kimi is brutally fast and ought to be on top more... maybe he's just too brutal for the cars. Maybe it'll be years before they make an F1 car that can keep up with his driving...

About those starts... it's weird... amazing jack-rabbit starts used to be the forte of Renault... so... did Alonso bring their trade secrets with him? :lol:
    Last edited by niky; May 14th, 2007 at 09:34 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No love for Kubica from you guys?

What a disappointing race for Kimi... oh well... he still has 13 more races to make up for it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    KR is currently under a lot of fire from the media.... Tsk.. tsk... tsk...

I just hope that they give him some room to show what he has tucked under his jacket....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

If McLaren cars has the upperhand on starts, it's not that much.

I think Massa has a problem with his starts. This race he almost botch the first corner which is always important at the start in any circuit.

In Malaysia he fell asleep at the start, this time he defended his line. Damn Massa should practice his starts cause it's getting too close for comfort, sayang naman pole position nya kung palagi na lang ganyan.

Honda bokya points, damn, that car paint/design change must have really taken it's toll

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    About those starts... it's weird... amazing jack-rabbit starts used to be the forte of Renault... so... did Alonso bring their trade secrets with him? :lol:
    Correct me guys if I am wrong here, but I remember that Renault was using some sort of an electronic launch control start, which was then 'banned' by F1 in favor of the mechanical start... Tama ba?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Correct me guys if I am wrong here, but I remember that Renault was using some sort of an electronic launch control start, which was then 'banned' by F1 in favor of the mechanical start... Tama ba?

all of the teams are still equipped with electronic launch and traction control.
    beginning next year, traction and launch control will be out of the formula 1
    package which will return the excitement esp during starts.

more wheelspins more spins in corners

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kubica who? AFAIK, launch control was banned, although traction control still remains for now.

Everyone had launch control before... at least everyone who could afford it. Even after they banned it, though, Renaults still had terrific off-the-line performance.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Give credit were credit is due.

In the Alonso/Massa stare-off it was Alonso who blinked first. I guess Massa learned his lesson when his pole was snatched out off him by the Alonso/Hamilton tandem. When I saw him hold the line, it was like he was sticking to his path no matter what. Couldnt care less if both Alonso and Himself ended in the tire wall. (Now that is what I call major cojones).

However, its a good thing nobody was all over Alonso on his overtaking move. That fact is he had to take his chance on the first turn since Catalunya is notorious as a "procession" race track. If he couldnt make that turn then his chances for first place was practically over. Now for anyone whose giving FA a hard time because he lost position to Massa , all I would say is you'd be all praises to the effort if Herr Schumi did the same.

Fisichella being eaten alive by ..... a Super Aguri?!?!?!
    To tell you frankly I was bit embarrassed about this as well. Heck they're faster than the Honda, which is they're engine supplier. Tells you how much Honda's body design has deteriorated...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 F1 Spanish Grand Prix