New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't think Alonso is going to retire...he's still a young guy and obviously at the top of his game. i think he just has the personality of a teenage girl with his emotional fits, histrionics and overreactions. threatening retirement is just his way of lashing back at the people who are "attacking" him by investigating him for criminal behavior :rofl01:

but i agree about him leaving McLaren - there can be only one top dog per team....and everybody loves Lewis. he should go ahead and go back to Renault so he and Hamilton can duel for the championship for years to come.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO Hamilton's overtaking maneuver was a clear error on the part of Kimi.

Kimi seems to be sleeping on the wheel, halatang nagulat sya kay Hamilton eh

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ferrari looks outright pathetic right in their backyard.

What with FM's retirement and the overtaking maneuver of LH over KR!..... Whew! Great race for McLaren!... FA was out-of-reach.....

3707:seesaw:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    IMO Hamilton's overtaking maneuver was a clear error on the part of Kimi.

Kimi seems to be sleeping on the wheel, halatang nagulat sya kay Hamilton eh
    Kimi was nursing a spare car while still suffering from a neck ache from his 300km/h crash just the day before. To note, they only had 3 laps of practice with the spare car before the qualifying session.

There's nothing Kimi can really do against a faster McLaren with fresher tires.

===

Alonso clearly demonstrated his experience over Hamilton in this circuit... like his millimeter accurate curb driving that allowed him to stay on full throttle for almost the entire race. Unbelievable.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Maganda ang strategy ng ferarri, kaso parang nag back fire sa kanila. Plus, it is possible na hindi 100% si Kimi due to the accident. Plus, ibang car ang dala ni Kimi.

It was a nice race.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Same reason Nico Rosberg lost 5th place to Kubica, worn tires due to the one stop strategy.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    There is only one absolute chance in an F1 driver's lifetime to become a world champion during his rookie year. Why deny Hamilton the chance? Lewis has shown awesome driving, and he has been an equal match with Alonso. Not bad for a rookie. I'm rooting for Lewis Hamilton to become the 2007 World Champion.

If The Curse doesn't win the world championship trophy this year, he has much himself to blame. He clipped his car at Monaco and destroyed his suspension. Now he planted his car into the barriers after locking his brakes. And he embarrasingly allowed a rookie to take away his position that Michael Schumacher could have defended for a couple of more laps even with a flatspotted tyre. Let's see what he has to offer at SPA, which incidentally, he holds the current lap record.

I'm not open to the idea of Spyker's new owner to field an all-Indian driver lineup for next year. Why do you have to put your own countryman in the cockpit simply because you own the car? I think it's bad for the sport "per se". I say let Danica Patrick drive that Spyker! We all need a hotbabe in F1.

I'm in a dilemma whether I would be happy if McLaren gets banished this year and next year because of the spy scandal. F1 is going to be very boring if it's a Ferrari 1-2 leading every race by 20 seconds from their nearest rivals. Red Bull is a big disappointment, as well as Spyker, given that their car designers are among the top echelons in F1. There's not much competition lately, and I'm slowly losing interest seeing the top 4 guys merely switching places at the podium in every race.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yes, it looks like Ferrari's hopes this year are totally hinged on the events of the 13th.....

3707:seesaw:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    let's see what will happen this friday.
    mukhang me impact yung bagong evidence ng ferrari sa spygate scandal.

hayyy...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mukhang malabo manalo ang Ferrari this year. Its not impossible for Massa to still catch up to the Mclarens but highly improbable.

For the duration of the season its going to be Mclaren all the way, the only question now is who will take the driver's championship - Hamilton or Alonso? Based from previous years Alonso usually gets his second wind for the last races and finishes strongly for Japan, China and especially Brazil so I believe he has more than a good shot at winning the title. He had worse odds when he was competing against the likes of Schumacher but still prevailed so Im still predicting its Alonso at the final race.

What I am curious about as the next race unfolds is how Hamilton can cope under pressure especially now that his lead is "only" 3 points against Alonso. Winning a string of races shows he's consistent, but now that hes on the defensive will he crack under the strain? To be fair I have yet to see him get unnerved since the start of the season.

Kimi was nursing a spare car while still suffering from a neck ache from his 300km/h crash just the day before. To note, they only had 3 laps of practice with the spare car before the qualifying session.

There's nothing Kimi can really do against a faster McLaren with fresher tires.
    I agree with you there but I think even if Kimi was in the best of shape, Hamilton would have overtaken him eventually if not on that particular curve, then on the next. Hamilton's car was simply that fast. In fact after the overtake I watched the sector times and Hamilton was actually pulling away from Raikkonen with the difference of .3 of a second for that sector.

And as for the brouhaha over Pedro del la Rosa allegedly saying something to Alonso (and vice versa) about that Mclaren spying fiasco it turns out that its all pure and simple fiction. That story ( which turned out to be fake) was concocted by an Italian journalist Pino Allievi (Why am I not surprised )

http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=226096

Wow is the FIA so incompetent that they fell for a story like that???!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 F1 Italian Grand Prix (Monza)