New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hamilton managed to keep his engine running that's why he was craned back to race track.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ah, hokei...so dalawa pala sila. what about the others? it looks like the third car winched was damaged beyond repair and being put on the shelf.

and why was LH craned out first? first come-first served? :rofl01:

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dxx_ddf View Post
    Hamilton managed to keep his engine running that's why he was craned back to race track.
    There was a time before when Michael Schumacher was also gravel trapped. Several marshalls came to him and he repeatedly asked them to push his car back into the track. But instead, the marshalls kept crossing their arms and told him to cut his engine - which prompted Steve Slater to say with a laugh that 'probably the marshalls aren't Ferrari fans' ...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    There was a time before when Michael Schumacher was also gravel trapped. Several marshalls came to him and he repeatedly asked them to push his car back into the track. But instead, the marshalls kept crossing their arms and told him to cut his engine - which prompted Steve Slater to say with a laugh that 'probably the marshalls aren't Ferrari fans' ...
    The way I understood it then,- if you're trapped in the gravel with your engine running and your car is blocking a portion of the racetrack, then you can ask the Marshals to push your car. MS was in that situation in one of the races then and his car was pushed.

This is the reason why MS's car was not pushed in the race that you mentioned above, bro, I think....

Obviously, LH and the others were not causing any danger to the others who were still racing, so their cars should not have been brought back to the race.

Well, maybe the rules have changed.

3303:shocked:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    That little gravel trap sure gave several drivers (and team bosses) their share of controversies not including Hamilton (who is in a row now with several Italian newspapers).

Worth to mention that Tost and Speed came to blows because of that retirement and may result in Speed's and Luizzi losing their racing seat for STR.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/new...gary/view.html

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    from planet f1:

Following Sunday's European GP, Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso were involved in little spat.

The duo clashed in the final laps of the Nurburgring race as Alonso took the victory away from Massa. The result of a dent in Alonso's car and a rather annoyed Spaniard.

Here's the full transcript...

Alonso: You did it intentionally, as in Barcelona.

Massa: No, I did not.

Alonso: You broke my sidepod there - go and have a look at it!

Massa: Go f**k yourself!. You won and you say something like this.

Alonso: Mate, it can't break itself.

Alonso: I have fought with Heidfeld, with everybody, what you did with three laps to go can't be done.

Massa: He wins and says that. You must learn.

Alonso: It is you who has to learn. I have fought with everybody and with three laps to go, we touch!

Massa: Bravo.

Alonso: Bravo you!

Massa: You say that I did it on purpose, like I did that on purpose in Barcelona?. You were remained behind.

(As this point Ron Dennis steps in)

Dennis: Boys calm down.

Massa: Tell him to!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    from planet f1:

Following Sunday's European GP, Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso were involved in little spat.

The duo clashed in the final laps of the Nurburgring race as Alonso took the victory away from Massa. The result of a dent in Alonso's car and a rather annoyed Spaniard.

Here's the full transcript...

Alonso: You did it intentionally, as in Barcelona.

Massa: No, I did not.

Alonso: You broke my sidepod there - go and have a look at it!

Massa: Go f**k yourself!. You won and you say something like this.

Alonso: Mate, it can't break itself.

Alonso: I have fought with Heidfeld, with everybody, what you did with three laps to go can't be done.

Massa: He wins and says that. You must learn.

Alonso: It is you who has to learn. I have fought with everybody and with three laps to go, we touch!

Massa: Bravo.

Alonso: Bravo you!

Massa: You say that I did it on purpose, like I did that on purpose in Barcelona?. You were remained behind.

(As this point Ron Dennis steps in)

Dennis: Boys calm down.

Massa: Tell him to!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I think Massa over-reacted. If your guiltless why be so angry? Alonso already apologized twice, once on the way to the podium and again during the press conference...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Who wouldn't be angry if you have been wrongly accused? What reaction do you want? Smile and just laugh while your opponent is saying out loud that you are a cheater because he knows there's a camera taking live video of the conversation?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Who wouldn't be angry if you have been wrongly accused?
    And he has every right to be angry. All Im saying is why still be angry after the other guy already apologized? Isnt that what sportsmanship is all about?

And mind you Alonso accused Massa of deliberately colliding with him during the overtake. (Of which he apologized). It still does not clear Massa of the fault for causing the collision in the first place. (deliberate or not).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2007 F1 European Grand Prix (Nurburgring)