New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well... DNFs are part of racing.

again... let's just wait for the Brazilian GP to settle this once and for all.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    minalas lang si Schumi............
    sana may team orders na i-ram ni Massa si Alonso para DNF sya sa next race

So I guess Ferrari is not above doing dirty tactics you guy vehemently
    deny of Schumacher. And why that tactic, dont you think its a sign of
    desperation to win the championship???

Akala ko ba icing on the cake lang yung driver's championship...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^errr that's the poster's own views....there's no need to fallaciously lump every single Ferrari/Schumacher fan into the same mold.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    C'mon man Give it up. Even I know when I'm licked. You're only
    digging your own grave here. And you're beginning to sound funnier and
    funnier.
    I was just reacting to your last post when you claim that Schumacher's win in Shanghai was pure luck, despite you saying that you never actually saw the race yourself on TV. So I was just correcting your claims.

SInce, you never saw the race, here is what Team Renault said compared to your Chinese GP "pure luck" analysis:

"It was impossible to keep Fisi behind and hold Michael (Schumacher). You guys saw the race. We never expected the graining and we changed the tyre only because it was requested by the driver...... In this moment, we decided to change the tyre, but after that it was impossible to keep somebody behind if you are four seconds off the pace."
    http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/06102006/...ks-alonso.html

He and the team agreed he should change his heavily worn front tyres, while team mate Giancarlo Fisichella and Schumacher continued the second stint with their existing sets. Alonso appeared to be suggesting that, despite so-called 'team orders' being banned, Renault should have told Fisichella to maintain position and do everything to keep Schumacher behind.
    http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/05102006/...la-driver.html

Wow, read the last sentence above. Looks like your idol is really THAT desperate now. Hey, don't blame me. I never wrote that stuff. I simply quoted it here.

Arguing with BoyFerrari is like arguing to a brick wall... A red Brick wall...
    painted with the emblems of "Scuderia Ferrari"...
    Well, arguing with you feels like somebody is blowing Mild Seven cigarette smoke on my face every 3 minutes.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Well, arguing with you feels like somebody is blowing Mild Seven cigarette smoke on my face every 3 minutes.
    Hmmmm, I think they banned tobbacco advertsing in Formula 1 now.
    Think of another...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Boyferrari:

I said that Alonso had a chance, not that he would win for sure.

Yes, Michael was in cruise mode in certain parts, but when he turned the wick up to put some distance between himself and Alonso after they went through backmarkers, Alonso managed to catch up again.

I would've been happy to see either win if the race went down to the wire. My gripe is that it didn't.

RE: Toyotas... oh, yes, they're easy to overtake, but that doesn't make the overtake any less of a feat. Last year, under the one-tire rule, tire wear and "pussy-footing" made overtaking more spectacular, as people made lots of mistakes... especially Giancarlo's roll-over-and-say-uncle weave that let Kimi through.

Of course, that's not to take away anything from Kimi. His drive, as always, is spectacular. Guess that's to be expected if you have a really fast car that keeps crapping out on you, placing you at the back of the grid every time... Kimi's being a man about it... but then again, he's probably ecstatic that he won't have to put up with McLaren's bad luck next season... wonder how much Alonso will gripe when that happens to him next year...

I guess we never really will know whether FA could've caught up, or whether MS's tires would've lasted him till the end. Near the end of the race, FA could've just gone into cruise, but he just kept on putting more distance between himself and Massa. I think that indicates that it may have become a close battle at the front... but again, we'll never know.

Yeah, DNFs are a part of racing, but I think both Alonso and Schumi are disappointed that the championship will be decided by DNFs. It's a very anti-climactic ending to a very interesting championship showdown, and I expect FA's detractors to be all over this one again.

Don't you feel sorry for FA? He doesn't get no respect... two world championships under his belt, and people will continue to gripe about luck... well, DNFs mean that the team has made a mistake along the way, and despite what we say about this driver or that driver, F1 is still a team sport. Renault just happens to have the best team right now... down to the guy polishing the screws on the engine... well, except for the wheel-nut guy...

Again, that's why he's moving. Hey, if he can win with McLaren in the crappy shape they're in, now, he'll prove he's actually got something over Kimi...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    well, except for the wheel-nut guy...
    That cracked me up.. I wonder if he got back pay...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hmmmm, I think they banned tobbacco advertsing in Formula 1 now.
    You speculate too much. Check out your facts first.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    You speculate too much. Check out your facts first.
    And you should change your avatar, get one of Schumi's more
    recent helmets... Maybe then you'll notice Marlboro is no longer
    sponsoring Ferrari.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    And you should change your avatar, get one of Schumi's more recent helmets... Maybe then you'll notice Marlboro is no longer
    sponsoring Ferrari.
    If only you get your facts first before speculating on mere pictures you see on TV, you should be able to learn the real contract of Marlboro's sponsorship with Ferrari. Come back again when you have the facts, rather than just interpreting pictures.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
2006 Suzuka GP