New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's part of the Game. Schumacher said in a Discovery channel documentary about him that Rules are just that, rules. They can be bent to your favor.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those that didn't notice... there are a lot of non-Schumi contacts that happened during the race:

> DC & Kubica (opening lap)
    > DC & Barichello
    > Barichello & Speed
    > Trulli & some car (opening lap)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Schumi & Alonso did not whine / contest about their two second qualifying (not grid) penalty.
    from Planet F1

Schumi 'angry' about his qualifying penalty
    Sunday August 06 2006

Michael Schumacher was "angry" that he couldn't chase pole position in Saturday's qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix due to a time penalty awarded to him by the Budapest race stewards.

The German was handed a two second penalty for each of the qualifying segments after he overtook other drivers under waved red flags during Saturday morning's free practice session.

The time penalty meant that although Schumacher was quickest in the second part of qualifying he was unable to get through to the final segment as with the two seconds added to his lap time, he was effectively only 12th fastest.

"I was angry at the decision," he said. "You can see for yourself what happened from the television.

"I blame myself partly for what did happen, but I didn't expect this kind of penalty.

"I don't want to say much about it. I don't want to give any kind of long explanation about what happened in the (Saturday) morning.

"Everyone can form their own conclusions."

However, owing to Jenson Button's ten-grid slot engine penalty, Schumacher will actually start Sunday's race in 11th place on the grid.

He added: "I think 11th place on the grid is as good as I could have hoped for in the circumstances.

"At least it means I will start from the clean side of the track. It gives me a chance to make a good start and move up a few places and then we can see."

If thats not whining I dont know what is.

He was also insunuating that Alonso had a hand at the penalty by deliberately slowing down so that he was "forced" to pass him under red flag.

Jeezz, Its like the pot calling the kettle black.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, kahit ako nagtataka bakit 2seconds ang penalty kay Schumi when he only violated one.

ALonso violated two, that's Overtaking and Braketesting but only got 2seconds also.

I think it's unfair that Schumi got 2secs.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Actually over-taking on a red flag carries a stiffer penalty. He was lucky he only got 2 seconds penalty.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes but it's that ingrate bastard Alonso's fault. He braketested and Michael probably thought he's got an mechanical failure because he's too slow. see after Michael overtook, Alonso sped at this back. That's a shrewd way to cheat and the stewards are dumb to overlook that. I think ferrari should get back (like massa crashing him or something) for this insult.

watch the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQ69Jfts-w

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Huwaaaa!!!! Mommy oh, si Schumi bina-bangga yung koche-kochehan ko! Ang daya-daya! Shumbong kita sha mommy ko! :hihihi: :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    That's a shrewd way to cheat and the stewards are dumb to overlook that. I think ferrari should get back (like massa crashing him or something) for this insult.
    Duh!!?? It was a red flag so why did he overtake?, if he rear-ended Alonso because of that, that would have been perfectly legal.

Yes but it's that ingrate bastard Alonso's fault.
    You seem to be implying that Alonso should be grateful to Schumacher. Grateful for what??? For handing him the 2005 title ??? Believe me Schumacher doesnt need help he did that on his own.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hmmmm I was a bit harsh, I think Schumacher lost last year with a little help from Ferrari. For the first time I think he realized he is driving an uncompetitive car.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    No, i see him as an ingrate for leaving Renault while they're performing good, the team that built him up from nothing esp Briatore practically treated him like a son and the cars were built around him. He obviously transferred to McLaren for money. If you haven't noticed, the pit crew don't perform topnotch anymore on his car.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
2006 F1 Hungarian GP