New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    Your facts don't serve any purpose by merely stating them, since we all know them already. We are not new to F1.

I was asking for your facts to see if they are valid basis regarding your issue that Schumacher has no business driving in F1. Your facts stated above doesn't have any connection or relevance about having no business driving in F1. So i'm not sure what is the purpose of those facts or were they trying to prove anything since they have no meaning.

A top caliber car + A top caliber team + A healthy mind & body + A desire to race and win = LET'S RACE ON!

The only unknown element in this equation is the last element. And we will all find out at MONZA if he still has the desire to race and win.

First off I am not contesting MS as 7 time world champion. However you did ask me to prove to you what I said which as I reiterated repeatedly where my opinion.

So I ask you if you can prove my statements otherwise. You made some valid points however people are heaping praise on MS and not the car. So how can you prove that MS earned much less deserve those titles?

If you say MS won 7 times and I say but he didnt win in 2005, you then said that was because he had a lousy car in 2005. If I follow your line of reasoning I could as easily conclude MS is a pedestrian driver at worst and an average driver at best (with questionable driving tactics) driving the fastest car in the grid. Remember Massa didnt start having podium finishes until he joined Ferrari.

All you prove is that your a fan of MS and his accomplishments. I say very good to you. You are entitled to your own opinion as I am of mine.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    So I ask you if you can prove my statements otherwise. You made some valid points however people are heaping praise on MS and not the car. So how can you prove that MS earned much less deserve those titles?

If you say MS won 7 times and I say but he didnt win in 2005, you then said that was because he had a lousy car in 2005. If I follow your line of reasoning I could as easily conclude MS is a pedestrian driver at worst and an average driver at best (with questionable driving tactics) driving the fastest car in the grid. Remember Massa didnt start having podium finishes until he joined Ferrari.
    I have said it before in this Circuit Forum, the CAR has the greatest impact in the equation on whether a driver becomes a champion or not. But it doesn't mean you can put ANY driver in a "perfect" car and expect it to be on top. If you keep Michael Schumacher for 7 years in a Minardi or Toro Roso, and put Takuma Sato on a Ferrari, could Takuma had been a world champion?

The answer: Read what the pit crew and the team principal's statements every race describing the performance of their drivers. Poor driving is the feedback that was made public when Sato was axed from BAR Honda, when Montoya was about to be sacked by McLaren, when Klien was sacked by Red Bull, when Villenueve was sacked by BMW, and certainly when Yuji Ide was stripped of his superlicense. The common denominator = Poor driving. Lack of pace. Not pushing hard. And for Ide - lack of experience.

If Schumacher got praises from his pit crew, he earned it. While you always remember Michael's "questionable driving tactics", I'm amazed you can't recall his MANY superior driving moves where he squeezed himself in traffic brilliantly gaining places in just a few laps. It's amazing you can't recall his shootout head-to-head battles with other great drivers. It's amazing you can't recall his numerous come-from-behind championship points while starting at the back of the grid...... Alas, all you can remember are the "cheating" moves, the "questionable driving tactics".

We are very selective about our memories, aren't we?

If you have been reading this Circuit Forum here at Tsikot for some time, members have commented about the great and exciting driving skills of Raikkonen, of Nico Rosberg. They are not world champions, but we remember racing scenes where the gave us the WOW effect because of their driving moves.

Same with Schumacher. We remember his many brilliant driving moves. However, you seem to be selective only about those "questionable driving" moments. Enough for you to conclude that he has "no business driving in F1".

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    All you prove is that your a fan of MS and his accomplishments. I say very good to you. You are entitled to your own opinion as I am of mine.
    I'm a fan of MS. Otherwise, I would have picked BoyRenault as my username.

However, I don't despise the other drivers. I don't despise Alonso. I don't despise Takuma Sato. Montoya was a dirty driver himself, but I don't despise him. You play dirty, you get penalized. That's modern sports for you. We can't be cry babies and complaining to our mommies about getting cheated all the time.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Who said I despise any driver for that matter? And who said I hate or even despise MS? I dont want him to win because for me being a world champion is being more than just having 7 titles under your belt. He has to be accountable to some moral standards I alone deem worthy, If not I choose somebody else.

You accuse me of selective memory with regards to MS performances, but I can accuse you of the same thing. You keep mentioning his past misdeeds as just that all in the past and we should move on. I still have to decide if I agree with you on that.

I did accuse him of being a cheater, you might disagree with me that is your prerogative, but the fact remains he was caught cheating or if you want to put it in terms you can accept "suspect behaviour" and he was punished for that in Monaco. Did the punishment fit the crime? Its not for me or YOU to decide that. MS is answerable to his GOD not mine.

Also by the way, I did not call him a "lousy" driver just like you so quickly categorize his car as "lousy" when he lost in 2005. I called him "average", now we can debate the relative merits of the driving skills of Sato and MS but that would be beside the point.

And I have been reading TSIKOT forums for a long time probably way longer than you, (just look at my join date) doesnt mean I have to be active and comment on any mundane "trivia" that comes along.

However I do comment now because I get a perverse pleasure discussing mundane things with you. At the end of the day fans will be fans, Tifosi will always be Tifosi. And as I say and you can quote me again and again

"To a reasonable man no explanation is necessary, to a fan boy no explanation is sufficient"

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ok, cheers my man. This is what we get when we got no F1 for two weeks. On to Turkey! :drunk:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ok, cheers my man. This is what we get when we got no F1 for two weeks. On to Turkey! :drunk:
    I'll drink to that. Let move on to Istanbul!

This is going to be interesting as it will be a preview of what's going to happen and what we can probably expect for the rest of the season.

Can't wait for the next weekend!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nice one, boyferrari, we're all F1 blue-balled by now. good thing there is motogp this weekend.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hey!! Dont take my beer! :arms: Oh, alright, the next round's on me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
2006 F1 Hungarian GP