The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hataw talaga si Kimi! Go Mercedes Benz!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    Pan gulo talaga yun minardi... there's the exciting side of the Jap GP and there's the funny side of it.
    I think tumakbo agad si albers nung sumiklab yun fire, tapos nung nawala na yun fire hinahanap sya uli para continue yung race
    Ganyan din yung nangyari sa Minardi last year sa Monza Grand Prix. Si Bruni naman yung driver nila. Pero mas malaki yung apoy!

Last year's fireball at the Minardi pit stop, Monza 2004:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered

i don't mind people debating that Kimi is a better driver than Alonso, but there's no way he can be anybody's champion. last time i checked a DNF was the same thing as a loss. also last time i checked, F1 was a team sport - from Kimi to the engineers to the crew chief to the pit crew. if one team member didn't do their job - like the pit crew taking too long to get going or the designers/engineers failing to design a reliable car or the driver driving the car over its limits - then the team loses. period.

to Kimi's credit i haven't heard him saying he was the real champion or blaming others for his DNF's. he's come on really strong in the last part of this season and seems to have learned how to finish races strong. i think next year is his for the taking, but let's not take anything away from Alonso this year.
    Good for Kimi. He knows not to get a swelled head.

It's something most people don't seem to realize. Kimi is extravagantly fast, but he's in the fastest car. Of course he should be champion... if McLaren Mercedes did their part of the job.

I think the other teams aren't going after Fernando because his driving style is very well matched to the Renault (they've always been praised for their handling). Kimi's style is more like Schumi's, and he would well be able to adapt to any package they throw at him.

Hats off to Kimi, but Fernando was right, he lucked out on the order of pit-stops and got caught in traffic in the wrong places. Otherwise, it could've been an even more exciting finish, with either Alonso tailgating Raikkonen to the line, or Raikkonen trying the same move on Alonso that he did on Fisi... who knows what could have happened?

Brilliant overtaking by Kimi, but Fernando's overtake of Schumi on one of the fastest and scariest turns in F1, and his creative use of the pit lane exit against Webber just took my breath away. (puro palakpak ako nung nanonood ako the other night). Halos tumawa ako (sa tuwa) when I saw Kimi overtake Fisichella on the last lap. You could see him visibly going to pieces trying to hold Kimi off.

I guess it proves once and for all why Giancarlo is only the number two guy on his team.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    when kaya ang replay???

sarap kopyahin..............collector's item!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    while Kimi is good... I don't think that he could have done it without having more SUPERIOR car than the rest of the field. notice that most of his overtakes were done in the straights.
    Ditto to Michael's 5 Ferrari championships.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    watch the Schumi - Alonso - Kimi battle. if not for the straights they couldn't have even overtaken Schumi (really brilliant moves in holding off Alonso / Kimi in the turns), who obviously has a more inferior car & tire package.
    Overtaking other than on the straights? No one does it better than Montoya. Too bad for him though he did not see more than a lap in Japan as Villeneuve was said to interfere. As expected, the Colombian points his finger at him, but the Sauber driver claimed he was clueless on what the #10 car intended to do. The Canadian was given a 25-second penalty relagating him from 11th to 12th, which didn't quite matter. I personally would have imposed a 10-grid penalty for China at the very least.

Sato, on the other hand, made no apology whatsoever to Trulli. He seemed to have gone haywire already, resulting from his BAR ouster. The Japanese was disqualified in his home race for that accident.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    gusto ko yung sinabi ng commentator sa star sports... Kimi and Alonso are both fast and talented, but one of them is more intelligent. Syempre, mas intelligent si Kimi!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Webber also complained that DC jump-started, while the commentators called it brilliant. From my point of view, he seemed to start earlier than the rest. Did any of you notice that too?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelparadigm
    gusto ko yung sinabi ng commentator sa star sports... Kimi and Alonso are both fast and talented, but one of them is more intelligent. Syempre, mas intelligent si Kimi!
    ferrari fanatic yun commentator na yun. super idol nya si schumi. I dont know his name, but I think he's the old guy with glasses and receeding hairline

yeah! parang an galing ng launch control ng red bull... p4 ata sila after the first corner?

sato has gone loko! its all or nothing for him and i think he does'nt give a damn about BAR kaya ginawa nyang bump car yun kotse nya hehehe medyo disgruntled ata sya with his outster

ilan na ba wins ni kimi? was it 7 or 8?

last 2003, i think kimi was a good 2nd to MS most of the year in the championship although he won only 1 race. it was because he was as consistent as alonso is now on podium finishes.
    Last edited by cardo; October 11th, 2005 at 09:03 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    saw that race... it was damn good overtake at the last lap.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Good for Kimi. He knows not to get a swelled head.

It's something most people don't seem to realize. Kimi is extravagantly fast, but he's in the fastest car. Of course he should be champion... if McLaren Mercedes did their part of the job.

I think the other teams aren't going after Fernando because his driving style is very well matched to the Renault (they've always been praised for their handling). Kimi's style is more like Schumi's, and he would well be able to adapt to any package they throw at him.

Hats off to Kimi, but Fernando was right, he lucked out on the order of pit-stops and got caught in traffic in the wrong places. Otherwise, it could've been an even more exciting finish, with either Alonso tailgating Raikkonen to the line, or Raikkonen trying the same move on Alonso that he did on Fisi... who knows what could have happened?

Brilliant overtaking by Kimi, but Fernando's overtake of Schumi on one of the fastest and scariest turns in F1, and his creative use of the pit lane exit against Webber just took my breath away. (puro palakpak ako nung nanonood ako the other night). Halos tumawa ako (sa tuwa) when I saw Kimi overtake Fisichella on the last lap. You could see him visibly going to pieces trying to hold Kimi off.

I guess it proves once and for all why Giancarlo is only the number two guy on his team.
    You have to take into account that Renault are fighting against McLaren very closely for the Constructor's title, so it could be that Fisi opted to finish safely than take the risk of wiping himself and/or Kimi out on the final lap and score nothing. And if you noticed in Brazil, Alonso simply let Montoya pass him just to make sure he gets the Driver's crown. No one knows, he might crash out, get injured for the rest of the season and lose the championship.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2005 Japanese GP