New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hello. Assuming there is an uncle with an old 924 lying around he will practically give away where can I have it repaired? It has been left in the garage a long time and thus will need some sort of service. Would prefer not to take to PGA since it is not that much of a collector car anyway right?

Are there any other shops that can just help check it and get mechanically sound? Aren't they basically audi engined anyway?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The 924 has a very basic 2.0 Audi engine with Bosch K-jetronic fuel injection system, and ZF transaxle. I once had a home service mechanic named Tony Rodulfa. He goes around in his Renault 16TS loaded with all the tools of his trade. He is one VERY TRUSTWORTHY mechanic seldom found nowadays.

I lost his contact # but you can ask around other forums. It will definitely be worth your effort.

IF you cant locate Tony Rodulfa then check out Autosport along Pasong Tamo ext and ask Nadji if he could help you. Alex Isip of Alex Restoration is also one dude to check out.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    The 924 has a very basic 2.0 Audi engine with Bosch K-jetronic fuel injection system, and ZF transaxle. I once had a home service mechanic named Tony Rodulfa. He goes around in his Renault 16TS loaded with all the tools of his trade. He is one VERY TRUSTWORTHY mechanic seldom found nowadays.

I lost his contact # but you can ask around other forums. It will definitely be worth your effort.

IF you cant locate Tony Rodulfa then check out Autosport along Pasong Tamo ext and ask Nadji if he could help you. Alex Isip of Alex Restoration is also one dude to check out.
    Thanks. Will see if I can hunt him down. And if not check other contacts you mentioned.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, isn't it a VW? My uncle has one, stuck mid-restoration (don't think he ran out of money... just has no time)... but his is converted to some kind of carburator (can't tell what it is... I'm just sure it's not a Weber).

A 924 is a nice car, but it's a lot of work to restore.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    914-VW 924-Audi 944-Porsche with silent shaft courtesy of Mitsubishi.

Restoration involves a LOT of time, effort, and money REGARDLESS of car make and model.
    Last edited by Si 06; April 25th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi! I'm a mech here in spain. I worked in a porsche motorsport shop. I'll be in the phils next month(june 2011). If you need some help you can send e-mail at sportcarmech*yahoo.com
    I do overhauling of all types of engine, automatic transmission,manual trans.(european, american and asean cars)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    2008 pa yung thread.

Who can repair a 924?