New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    probably the worst modern porsche ever made.
    I have test driven the new 2012 porsche boxster s MY12 a week ago and honestly speaking, it's a modern porsche but not the worst they have ever made...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by supremo1122 View Post
    I have test driven the new 2012 porsche boxster s MY12 a week ago and honestly speaking, it's a modern porsche but not the worst they have ever made...
    I agree with Eric and Supremo. It's not the worst modern Porsche in fact it's quite a good sports car nga.

I was previously looking at one but I ended up with a 911 instead for the following reasons: 911 is bigger. the boxter is medyo a tight fit being on the heavy set side. mas na re-recline yung seats ng 911, if that matters to you. Mas powerful yung 911. Definitely mas passable as a daily driver yung 911(but note both still have rock hard suspensions compared to regular compact japanese sedans). Purists would tell you the 911 is the iconic Porsche being rear engined and all but don't worry about this too much as being mid engine the boxter has the more forgiving chassis and not that you'll notice this 99% of the time. Dito sa pinas depending sa lugar, yung cloth top ng boxter is not the last word in security.

Otherwise if a boxter s fits your need for a sunday sports car then it might be just for you. HTH
    Last edited by babkalakal; July 11th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Common problems with all models 1997-2004 Boxsters are Intermediate-Shaft-Bearing (IMS) and Rear Main Seal (RMS) failure can result to engine damage if not fixed, I currently own a base Boxster Triptronic this car is fun to drive great handling. For more info on these cars visit: http://www.986forum.com

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Why did you say that? did you own one before?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2002 porsche boxter s