New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Did BIR file tax evasion cases against them or are they trying to just extort more money? Our company was accessed by the National Office with a tax deficiency, settled with them. Though lower, only less than half was reported as the settlement. The rest ended up in their pocket. State sponsored extortion...
    t*****a talaga mga tao sa gobyerno, ang kakapal ng mukha.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 9th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    may ngiting aso kasi habang nagsasalita. parang nang iinis.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako naman I don't have a problem with henares, she's harsh, impossible and by the books but are least I know that she's doing her job.

She wasn't the one who made those tax rates, she's just implementing it. I don't see any problem with that

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

#retzing

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when you shake a few trees, there's no telling what might fall down.
    a shame campaign is like spitting on a windy day. sometimes, it goes a long way. other times, it ends up in your face.
    some might get rightfully mad. others may masquerade as angry, to paint an air of innocence..
    we can't know until we examine the documentation.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Warning: There will be no profanity or foul language at the board.

Any inappropriate language will be removed. Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    t*****a talaga mga tao sa gobyerno, ang kakapal ng mukha.
    As i have always said, as long as juan dela cruz see's no improvement in goverment services and more corrupt practices, juan dela cruz will always evade or try to evade tax.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ako naman I don't have a problem with henares, she's harsh, impossible and by the books but are least I know that she's doing her job.

She wasn't the one who made those tax rates, she's just implementing it. I don't see any problem with that

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

#retzing
    The problem, siyempre, is these "shame" ads are painting a woefully misleading picture.

Legitimate businesses with marginal and negative income are painted as tax evaders, because these BIR ads don't show you what the net income is... just the gross.

Bad publicity makes for worse business.

Worse business means less taxes paid.

Libel law, in the Philippines, can be applied even if you're telling the truth, mind you. Just so long as what you're saying is damaging, and the BIR's sly innuendo is certainly damaging, and you have no legitimately compelling reason to say it.

I'm just waiting for some of the lechon sellers and car companies to press charges against the BIR...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shotgun approach ang typical style nila...

It is in our court to prove them item by item, - wrong....

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when you shake a few trees, there's no telling what might fall down.
    a shame campaign is like spitting on a windy day. sometimes, it goes a long way. other times, it ends up in your face.
    some might get rightfully mad. others may masquerade as angry, to paint an air of innocence..
    we can't know until we examine the documentation.
    Man, youre deep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12