New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE: Philippine Currency: Most South East Asian currencies have been appreciating against the dollar in the past year. In terms of most economic growth indicators, the Philippines still lags behind all of them... except Vietnam, but it's catching up with us.

RE: Gloria - she's a good president in the sense that she gives the business sector confidence, and she's managed to pick good cabinet members... unfortunately, thanks to her darn relatives, her utter dependance on the military, her knack for making enemies (and not for good reasons, either) and her inability to hold on to key cabinet members, she's not really a strong president in any other sense.

My list?

1. Dick Gordon
    2. Joker Arroyo (he'll never get it)
    3. Bayani Fernando

1. Dick - I'm more than a little surprised that other members notice the guy. He's intelligent, he doesn't give in to peer pressure (witness his stance on the anti-Gloria movement, even though he's not exactly pro-Gloria), he's principled and he's a hard worker. He doesn't like all the political bullsh*t that goes on, and he doesn't pump himself up bombastically like some people (*cough* Escudero *cough*) do just to get attention.

Unfortunately, since he's not a media hog, he'll probably never win.

2. Joker Arroyo - probably one of the most principled men in politics. Of course, he doesn't stand a chance.

3. Bayani Fernando - I don't agree with all of his ideas, projects, etcetera, but the guy's got style and he's firm. He projects the right image for a President, and as long as he has good advisors, he can go far.
    Yo Nicky, I have to agree on this one.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Tama nga thread title : WISH LIST - hanggang wish na lang tayo.

The way things are going on, looks like the KnP (Kampon ni Pandak) have ammassed enough money to fund the next election to their advantage. There had been a lot of reported anomalies involving big sum of moolahs!!! And the way it looks, these moolahs will be used to ensure victories ng mga Congressman na sumuporta sa Impeachment trashing (pay-back time). ANd syempre, pag sila nanalo sa congress election, presidential election another payback time. Patay na wish natin.

and we filipinos are very passive with what's going on now....

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    pero i agree with all the posters: BF can be a good one. Principled and just doing what's called for by the job (may masagasaan man o wala). Strong believer din ng tenet of discipline! Kay BF kasi, ang sabi nya accountable sya sa nag-appoint sa kanya to do the job and it's up to the one na nag-appoint sa kanya kung mali or tama ginanagawa nya. Now if tao ang nag-elect sa kanya, loyalty nya wud be to the people.

Ganyan din dati si Gen. Lim at Dick Gordon. Mga action man! pag sinabi, gagawin. kaya lang nalipasan ng panahon.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My wish list...

President : Manny V. Pangilinan
    VP : Bayani / Dutrte

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    President:

Vice President:

MAY PAG ASA PA ANG PILIPINAS!!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    We Filipinos as a people have become too undisciplined, too corrupt, and too apathetic to benefit from an honest leader.

Most of our problems are our own doing - the perennial flooding is caused by those who litter (and end up clogging the drainage system), the traffic jams by undisciplined drivers (both public and private), the landslides by unscrupulous quarrying, etc. People do the things they do because they know they can get away with it.

There is simply little love expressed for the country and even lesser manifested concern for its future. Those who can afford to and have the opportunity to do so usually consider migration as an option - either simply in search of greener pastures or out of sheer frustration. Those left behind are often too preoccuppied with daily survival to care about other matters. Thus, the general lack of concern for the environments - political, natural, and corporate - and the almost systematic destruction of such by individuals/groups with selfish interests.

As one activist-friend told me, what the Philippines needs is a bloody revolution. One in which we as a people will sacrifice a lot. Only then will we learn to love our country again and give it the proper respect and attention it deserves from each one of us. And only then will we deserve a great leader who can instill in us the requisite discipline, integrity, focus, and perseverance for us to move forward.

Whether he is right or not, we do need to change our mindset if we hope to solve our problems. Hopefully we can solve them through a more palatable means (at least for me). But until then, wishing for a great leader is just that - wishful thinking.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Ping Lacson
    Bayani Fernando
    Chiz Escudero
    no comment... wag naman sana...

"dont be fooled by silence... be afraid of it..."

"haste makes waste..."

Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    My wish list...

President : Manny V. Pangilinan
    VP : Bayani / Dutrte
    maawa ka naman... joke...

------------------------------------

GMA
    Mar Roxas
    Manny Villar

a president should be able to understand macro-economics, bayani acts too much without through thinking and he is more of a micro manager... a president is not a disciplinarian, yun disciplinarian dapat head of police yun trabaho niya... manny pangilinan is a good but shrewd businessman... go research about MPC (metro pacific corporation)... next elections kung manny villar vs mar roxas, we are guaranteed of a good economy for the next 6 years... yun mga palpak sa society, wala sa president yan, asa culture yan...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE: Philippine Currency: Most South East Asian currencies have been appreciating against the dollar in the past year. In terms of most economic growth indicators, the Philippines still lags behind all of them... except Vietnam, but it's catching up with us.

1. Dick Gordon
    our economy is hotter than the other ASEAN countries... but hindi nagkakalayo...

i love that guy, he cheers like hell during UAAP finals... haha man of action talaga siya... may baho siya pero understandable naman...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    He strikes me as intelligent and willing to do what must be done. Too bad he isn't "in" with the right people to win anything.

Our economy is growing, yeah, pero kulang pa rin. At least di pa tayo hinabol ng Vietnam... that would be damn embarrassing.

RE: Other choices, and why I don't want them...

Manny Villar / Nene Aguilar - uhhhmmm... not for any scandal or corrupt activity, but can you say "trapo-to-the-extreme"? Manny Villar is very canny and has good political sense, but I can just see it now... Manny as president, followed by his brother-in-law Nene as president, followed by wife Cynthia as president... pinag-pasa-pasahan nila ang Las Pi☺as down through the generations...

GMA - she doesn't have the political sense to retain the job... too good at making enemies out of friends...

Ping Lacson - I think he'd make a great president. So much like Marcos. Strong, determined, canny, willing to do anything to get what he wants... see a trend here? Good politician... too scary to be a good presidentiable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    1. Q.C. Mayor Sonny Belmonte-Pres.
    2. Naga City Mayor Jessie Robredo-VP
    3.Chiz Escudero - mahusay sa debate pwede presidente ng dakdak brigade wala pa namang nagawa sa lugar namin sa Bicol noong pumutok ang bulusan hindi na mahagilap.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Your top 3 favorites to be the next Phil. president -wish list