New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's interesting to note that major economies around the world like the US, Japan, Germany are in recession.

Question is are you feeling the economic crunch? or do you personally know somebody who got affected by it?

Another question is - even if you do have money stashed around, are you holding back on any kind of spending outside of the basics (food, health, shelter)? If so, for what reason?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What crunch? I'm feeling the crunch of paying more for gasoline now that everyone seems to want to get back on the road, now that gasoline is cheaper than it was a month ago.

But yeah, my bank account is feeling pretty slim right now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, a little bit. I'm forced to renew my contract with a very minimal increase.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Di pa naman. But as a trader my profits are way down compared to last year. As for gas prices while its a welcome news I don't consume a lot of gas to make a whole lot of difference. Basta ako I will live more conservatively, spend less. Tutal mababaw lang kaligayahan ko. Basta may Xbox 360 or PS3 ok na ako

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    There has been some layoffs in our office lately but the reasons are not because of this economic crunch . . . or management might just be giving us other excuses :meeting:

Pero ako dati na kong nagtitipid kahit mababa na ang gas ... ilokano daw kasi tatay ke eh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thankfully may trabaho pa naman ako pero my daily tasks for the last few days has something to do with cost cutting.

My boss told me to start preparing for justifications on our hirings kahit na replacement ng nag-resign. Dati, automatic na approve ang replacement kung may nag resign, natural kailangan ng kapalit eh. Ngayon, I'm being asked to prepare a really detailed list of activities na gagawin ng mga tao. Mas malala pa dati sa hiring ng totally new position.

Also, dati mahirap maghanap ng applicant sa mga IT programmers, ngayon ang HRD namin dumadami ang pool ng IT workers na pinagpipilian namin. May mga nag terminate daw na mga BPO.

On the other hand, I'm really surprised to see busy malls and long lines in a money exchange shop over the weekend. Must be our dollar earning kababayans.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We had an economic briefing recently and it was projected that Filipinos will really start to feel the effects of the economic slowdown in 2009.

Certain sectors like real estate, manufacturing, and those dependent on imports will experience negative if not zero growth resulting in job cuts.

Ang matibay pa rin ang retail sector, particularly those selling fast moving consumer goods.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes! one way or another.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a bit. pero kaya pa naman....
    also our business is doing good....we just stay away muna from financial institutions, and instead focused our marketing sa mga distributions, food and manufacturing companies.

to answer your second question, yes, basics muna. tsaka na bisyo.... hehehehe.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    We had an economic briefing recently and it was projected that Filipinos will really start to feel the effects of the economic slowdown in 2009.

Certain sectors like real estate, manufacturing, and those dependent on imports will experience negative if not zero growth resulting in job cuts.

Ang matibay pa rin ang retail sector, particularly those selling fast moving consumer goods.

Good for local raw material suppliers and industries that extensively use local materials.

This will mean less trade deficit also next year.

Buy Pinoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Are you feeling the economic crunch?