New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    sana meron ding opisyales na ang initial ng name is WTF noh.. hehehehe
    meron pag nanalo nang meyor si Winnie Castelo.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hey! I have an idea.
    Meron ba ditong architect? Baka pwede kang mag volunteer to design that mass housing project for those squatters. FOR FREE siempre para kakagat yung QC gov't.
    Tapos make sure the design is flawed such that guguho yung building when a certain threshold is reached...siguro pag 80% occupancy na.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^ pwede. yung apartment type. low cost.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Hey! I have an idea.
    Meron ba ditong architect? Baka pwede kang mag volunteer to design that mass housing project for those squatters. FOR FREE siempre para kakagat yung QC gov't.
    Tapos make sure the design is flawed such that guguho yung building when a certain threshold is reached...siguro pag 80% occupancy na.
    Not gonna work. The Civil Code (Art. 1723) make the architect or engineer liable for design flaws in a building for a period of 15 years from completion of the structure.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey! I have an idea.
    Where i work, for one of our projects, part of the deal we're working out with the land owner is to set aside a portion of their squatter infested properties and build a medium rise building to relocate those headaches just to make way for the planned development. Sigh... added gastos ba naman and they don't even own that piece of land.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Where i work, for one of our projects, part of the deal we're working out with the land owner is to set aside a portion of their squatter infested properties and build a medium rise building to relocate those headaches just to make way for the planned development. Sigh... added gastos ba naman and they don't even own that piece of land.
    Isn't there a provision in the imfamous Lina Law that if no relocation property can be provided by GOVERMENT, the affected families of parasites feasting on the property before 1992 shall be given equivalent to 2 months minimum salary. That's what happened to the Madrigal Property along Commonwealth.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quezon City should change to Squatter City
    the capital Squatter of the Philippines.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Not gonna work. The Civil Code (Art. 1723) make the architect or engineer liable for design flaws in a building for a period of 15 years from completion of the structure.

then after 15 years.. guguho an bldg.. is the Architect / engineer still liable?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Meron bang building material or chemical that can cause sterility?
    Maybe the builders of their housing project can secretly mix in those chemicals in the cement and the paint. That way, any squatter that lives there will become infertile para hindi na sila dumami.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Isn't there a provision in the imfamous Lina Law that if no relocation property can be provided by GOVERMENT, the affected families of parasites feasting on the property before 1992 shall be given equivalent to 2 months minimum salary. That's what happened to the Madrigal Property along Commonwealth.
    I forgot to mention on my previous post that this project is with the landowner and the city government. PI nila kung hihingi pa ng kickback, we'll just take our business elsewhere if that's the case. From what i know, we actually get our projects moving without cash pay-offs (which has been company policy through all subsidiaries) although it takes longer to get things going. Instead, we usually choose to "help" the politicos and city officials in other ways such as collaborative projects, equipment donations, etc. I'm surprised that there's even one mayor in the NCR who doesn't even hint at kickback or anything from us (so far at least... two projects have been done in that city).

Meron bang building material or chemical that can cause sterility?
    Maybe the builders of their housing project can secretly mix in those chemicals in the cement and the paint. That way, any squatter that lives there will become infertile para hindi na sila dumami.
    Let's just hope that doesn't backfire and causes them to mutate and multiply. :D

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
WTF... QC residents face new taxes for squatters' housing