New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess these incidents are what the Magdalo's were raising hell over.

Soldiers dying because of the incompetence or corruption of their superiors.

It now turns out that the Army SF platoon were sent by their C.O. to Al Barka for "experience" prior to their graduation from the SF course. Naturally, having come from their SCUBA training, these guys were lightly armed and were not prepared to engage MILF regulars who outnumbered them 4-to-1 and who held the high ground in the battlefield.

Of course, you also have a firefight which lasted about 9 hours WITHOUT REINFORCEMENTS COMING from either the PA or PAF. A single helicopter gunship armed with rockets and machine guns would've worked to provide enough cover for the troops to withdraw properly.

Sheesh.

The Chief-of-Staff better look into the culpability of his senior officers in the Army WESTMINCOM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sino itong C.O. na ito? I wonder how long before this blows up in PNoy's face?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Soldiers dying because of the incompetence or corruption of their superiors.

It now turns out that the Army SF platoon were sent by their C.O. to Al Barka for "experience" prior to their graduation from the SF course. Naturally, having come from their SCUBA training, these guys were lightly armed and were not prepared to engage MILF regulars who outnumbered them 4-to-1 and who held the high ground in the battlefield.

Of course, you also have a firefight which lasted about 9 hours WITHOUT REINFORCEMENTS COMING from either the PA or PAF. A single helicopter gunship armed with rockets and machine guns would've worked to provide enough cover for the troops to withdraw properly.

Sheesh.

The Chief-of-Staff better look into the culpability of his senior officers in the Army WESTMINCOM.
    Yup, they sent them into "no man's land" with their pants down. Brilliant indeed.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Sino itong C.O. na ito? I wonder how long before this blows up in PNoy's face?
    ang nasibak na 2 ata, isang col. pena & si parlade.
    si pena ata yung bat. comm.
    si parlade yung dating spokesman ng AFP.
    sinibak for airing his "personal" sentiments of the ambush.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    si parlade yung dating spokesman ng AFP.
    sinibak for airing his "personal" sentiments of the ambush.
    ito for me tama ginawa na inalis, you can't air your personal sentiments if you're the spokesperson of an agency especially if that agency eh strict sa chain of command.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    all out war, news black out, lagyan ng masking tape ang chr and kung may makalusot na media e ipatapon na lang sa tondo

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    for everyone saying all out war without a doubt in their mind let me ask you guys, if this war will happen in metro manila would you still think that way? it's easy for someone to say all out war when you are thousands of kilometers away from where it could possibly happen or when you're family/friend isn't involved and won't be involved, it is especially easier to say all out war when you don't know what you are talking about.

i don't support all out war nor am i against it, i just think about the consequences that can happen if we go to an all out war. so far less than 30 soldiers have died since the ambush of 19 soldiers a couple of days ago but if we go to an all out war, how many more soldiers will die? do you really think that going into war will finish of the rebels we are up against, we have been fighting milf/abusayaf/npa for decades but did anything happen? we have been into all out war against them when erap was president but that didn't do anything.

i have 4 friends and a cousin assigned in basilan right now and i hope their unit won't be the one going in the front lines incase we go to an all out war. our afp could've ended this a long time ago but we all know that the afp officials are corrupt and don't want this fight to be over because if that happens wala na sila ma kukurakot.

if we go to all out war ang kawawa lang jan mga sundalo natin. kung gusto talaga natin matapos ang laban natin sa mga terorista na yan dapat ayusin muna natin mga official ng afp para di naman kawawa ang mga masipag at magigiting natin sundalo na kulang kulang ang gamit at sinasabak kung san san ng walang tamang impormasyon dahil ang perang dapat pang bili ng mga gamit nila ay nasa bulsa na ng mga official na nag papaka sarap buhay.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    the man'S got a point

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... conspiracy theory... did military commanders send men on a deep penetration mission unprepared precisely to garner this type of public outcry?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    for everyone saying all out war without a doubt in their mind let me ask you guys, if this war will happen in metro manila would you still think that way? it's easy for someone to say all out war when you are thousands of kilometers away from where it could possibly happen or when you're family/friend isn't involved and won't be involved, it is especially easier to say all out war when you don't know what you are talking about.

i don't support all out war nor am i against it, i just think about the consequences that can happen if we go to an all out war. so far less than 30 soldiers have died since the ambush of 19 soldiers a couple of days ago but if we go to an all out war, how many more soldiers will die? do you really think that going into war will finish of the rebels we are up against, we have been fighting milf/abusayaf/npa for decades but did anything happen? we have been into all out war against them when erap was president but that didn't do anything.

i have 4 friends and a cousin assigned in basilan right now and i hope their unit won't be the one going in the front lines incase we go to an all out war. our afp could've ended this a long time ago but we all know that the afp officials are corrupt and don't want this fight to be over because if that happens wala na sila ma kukurakot.

if we go to all out war ang kawawa lang jan mga sundalo natin. kung gusto talaga natin matapos ang laban natin sa mga terorista na yan dapat ayusin muna natin mga official ng afp para di naman kawawa ang mga masipag at magigiting natin sundalo na kulang kulang ang gamit at sinasabak kung san san ng walang tamang impormasyon dahil ang perang dapat pang bili ng mga gamit nila ay nasa bulsa na ng mga official na nag papaka sarap buhay.
    Very good insights.

We have to look at it from a point that we have something to lose should we go into war. As i mentioned earlier, an all-out-war is something they should prepare for and not just get into. If you send in even the best, but don't have the intel and proper support, we may as well have sent in yung anak na juding ni Gen. Garcia (which doesn't seem like a bad idea ).

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... conspiracy theory... did military commanders send men on a deep penetration mission unprepared precisely to garner this type of public outcry?
    Lemme take a dark, black guess on who's behind the conspiracy.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Would you support an All Out War against the MILF and Abu Sayyaf?