New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Collect more taxes first to pay for military equipment and training. Then go to war.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sorry I don't think collecting more taxes for that purpose is right. We already have a lot of taxes as we speak.

Maybe diverting the PDAF (pork barrel) funds for at least a year for the equipment and training should be enough instead?

At this point, I think we have nothing to lose. Yes, blood will indeed be shed from both sides. But this is a sacrifice the country needs to make.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No, do it Starship Trooper style. You only get to vote in the elections if you sign up to the Philippine Army for at least a three year hitch.

Or better, Israeli style. Everyone is forced to join the Army after high school. And if you don't finish High School, you're forced to join the Philippine Army for a minimum six year hitch.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Trivia: In the Starship Troopers novel, the main character is a Filipino.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No, do it Starship Trooper style. You only get to vote in the elections if you sign up to the Philippine Army for at least a three year hitch.

Or better, Israeli style. Everyone is forced to join the Army after high school. And if you don't finish High School, you're forced to join the Philippine Army for a minimum six year hitch.
    Sign me up!

But i don't want to be under LT Pacman's command ha.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Trivia: In the Starship Troopers novel, the main character is a Filipino.
    Yup. Which is part of why the movie sucked big time... changed all the Asian / Mexican characters into whites. Boo. And then they changed the hyper-intelligent bug soldiers (who, in the book, were a lot like ET Vietcong) into typical mindless monsters.

-

Maybe a rather idealistic way of seeing the military and the country... but look at the (non-fascist, non-dictatorship, non-communist) countries that have compulsory army service... Israel, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea... sure, there are successful economies without conscription, but look at how it affects the discipline and work ethic of the countries involved.

Heck, if Japan were allowed to maintain an army, then maybe they'd still be an economic hyperpower instead of just a superpower... and maybe we'd be using Mickey Mouse money again... . As it is, the culture of Japanese discipline is still there... see those who sacrificed their lives to save patients during the tsunami (unlike in New Orleans, where the patients were left to die) and the volunteers who battled tirelessly to stop the Fukushima radiation leaks with no thought for their lives.

It was a rather sad day when instead of expanding ROTC, they throttled it back to community service. They should have moved it to a one-year conscription between High School and College instead, as reservist training. Then for those who didn't want to do it, one year community service instead. (actual community service... not just planting trees once a week, but cleaning up the esteros, building fences and manning community clinics, etcetera)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes. No point in discussing peace with this kind of people. di na natuto govt natin, paulit ulit na lang yang ganyan. Mr President Aquino, sana naman do something na makakapag pataas ng moral ng mga sundalo natin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    In line with the recent surge of terrorism in the southern portions of our country, do you think it's time that we rid the country of these Muslim separatists/terrorists?

I myself is in favor of this, because if we continue to harbor them and do nothing for the coming years, their numbers will definitely increase along with their influence along Mindanao. They are already causing unscrupulous actions over the years and leaving them like that could even cause us being at least slightly similar to Pakistan.

Sensible replies are highly appreciated!

DISCUSS!
    All out war to eliminate terrorist, communist and insurgent groups. The same goes for pseudo-communist groups like the ASG which is just another kidnap for random gang masking as some political group. Eliminate to the last man, woman and children (they use children as combatants so they should be treated as adults if they are old enough to shoot weapons). Forces used should include the regular military with special forces groups (sniper and assassin squads) as well.

The fight should be taken to them and push them where it hurts. No deals should be made.

News blackout on ALL operations should be maintained. This should prevent the groups to get any media sympathy including human rights groups.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Manila Standard Today -- Aquino allies advocate war on Moro separatists -- 2011/october/22

Ang Galing Pinoy Party-List Rep. Juan Miguel Arroyo said the government risked demoralizing the military over its handling of the soldiers’ death.
    Tell us something we don't know. Magpapadala kaya siya ng mga sekyu niya?

As for all-out war, if it goes to this, they should do it with an element of surprise. For now, i seriously doubt we can engage in an all out war that will be effective. My take is to let the peace talks push through and give it one last chance but while they're at it, go after the loose ends (ASG, NPA, lost commands, etc.), build up you intelligence, your support, equipment, train your men more on the terrain, contingency measures for affected areas/civilians, etc. Then, if/when peace talks go for naught, hit them hard within the next few minutes (and i mean within minutes!).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm sure the comrades those fallen heroes are raring to go all out war against the MILF, gigil na gigil siguro sila ngayon kahit walang boots, bala basta sabihin sugod na iganti mga napatay na kasama. sugod lahat yan...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Would you support an All Out War against the MILF and Abu Sayyaf?