New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    lumalala na iringan ni brenda at ni lolo johnny.
    nag-umpisa lang yan sa "x-mas cash gift" yan ni jpe.

Word war rages: Enrile, Santiago trade raps | Inquirer News

In a wide-ranging interview with radio station dzBB Sunday, Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago accused Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile of plunder and challenged him to explain his role as martial law administrator in the disappearances of opponents of the Ferdinand Marcos regime.
    Santiago also took Enrile to task for allegedly funding coup attempts against President Corazon Aquino after the ouster of Marcos in the 1986 Edsa People Power Revolution.

The feisty former judge was continuing a word war that followed revelations of alleged improprieties in Enrile’s distribution of savings from the Senate’s operating expenses as Christmas gift of P1.6 million to each of 18 “nice” senators and P250,000 to their four “naughty” colleagues.
    The Commission on Audit has said that Enrile’s action was aboveboard and provided for under the General Appropriations Act.
    Santiago, who got the lower amount and returned it to Enrile, said the Senate President “profited” as defense minister during the martial law years, using the term “namunini.” She said this word meant that Enrile “profited, he enjoyed himself, he was master of the universe during martial law.”
    She said Enrile must now answer for his role in that dark side of Philippine history. She added that Enrile “should now answer for the crime of plunder. Why is he that wealthy? He should answer for the crime of causing what the Spanish call ‘desaparecidos’ … He should be held accountable for that.”
    The radio station later interviewed Enrile for his reaction to Santiago’s statements. Enrile said he was investigated by the Corazon Aquino administration, but no plunder charges were ever brought against him.

“I will probably not reply to what she had said. We will just let the public decide who is right,” Enrile told dzBB.
    Pressed about the plunder charge, he said that whatever wealth he had was a result of his private law practice before he joined the government, which he added could not be true of Santiago, whose income was derived from the government service.

Godfather
    Enrile said Santiago herself has some explaining to do. He pointed out that Santiago had worked for the late Ambassador Kokoy Romualdez, brother of former First Lady Imelda Marcos. The Marcoses have been accused of having amassed ill-gotten wealth while in power.
    The Senate President also dismissed Santiago’s claims that he harbored a grudge against her for not supporting him even though he stood as a godfather during her wedding. He said this had nothing to do with the issues she had raised.
    In the radio interview, Santiago accused Enrile of harboring a personal agenda when he played a role in Marcos’ ouster in February 1986. “He wanted to get rid of Marcos because he was hoping that he would replace him. But the public wanted Cory Aquino.”
    Santiago said Enrile financed coup attempts against Corazon Aquino and that this was why she fired him as her defense secretary. He said Enrile was turning 89 years old in February and was still in power, profiting from his position as Senate President.
    Santiago also referred to the controversy surrounding the supposed ambush of Enrile on the night Marcos declared martial law in 1972. Upon the ouster of Marcos, Enrile in a news conference revealed that the ambush was staged to justify the imposition of the emergency, but in his book released last year, he said that the incident indeed happened and was not faked.

Question of credibility
    Santiago reminded Enrile that the Supreme Court considered a retraction “more credible than the original testimony” because it accommodated the possibility that the witness could have been tortured or confused when he gave his first story.
    However, she also noted that the tribunal regarded “a person who makes a retraction of the reaction [as] absolutely incredible … What kind of person is he?”
    Enrile said investigations showed that he had not stolen from the government.
    He referred to accusations that he benefited from the coconut levy imposed during the martial law years. He said that the levy resulted in the collection of P9.6 billion of which the government spent P7.1 billion and another P2.5 billion was invested by him and businessman Eduardo “Danding” Cojuangco.
    He said this investment expanded and reached P130 billion and was now the object of so much controversy, referring to returns from shares of stock of San Miguel Corp.
    “I’m not saying this so I will look handsome in the eyes of the people, but that is the truth. I don’t want to reply to this. But this issue keeps coming back … I don’t want this to get out of hand.”
    Enrile said Santiago “as a brilliant lawyer seeking a new career in the International Criminal Court” should instead charge him before the global juridical body or the Office of the Ombudsman if she believed he was guilty.
    Santiago said in an earlier interview she would not spearhead any move to have Enrile investigated so as not to “sink to the level of the vulgar.”

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maliit kasi nakuha, ganun lang yun...if everybody got the same amount. We will never ever hear this brain damage bitch! bitter!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sideline issue ng away mag-ninong...nag labasan ng baho.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Di pera ang dahilan nyang kay Santiago. Namersonal si Enrille nung Christmas, binalik ba naman sa dalawa yung gift nila. O di binalik din ni Brenda ang suhol ni tanda.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer
    Di pera ang dahilan nyang kay Santiago. Namersonal si Enrille nung Christmas, binalik ba naman sa dalawa yung gift nila. O di binalik din ni Brenda ang suhol ni tanda.
    Ang binalik daw niya yun P250k yun Mas maliit pero yun P600+k nun november hinde sinoli..Hihihi

Tapos yun P250k cheque was deposited to her personal account, yun binalik na cheque was again a personal cheque, ginamit muna? Pang office pero Sa personal account pona deposit...

Lahat mga yan self interest

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ang binalik daw niya yun P250k yun Mas maliit pero yun P600+k nun november hinde sinoli..Hihihi

Tapos yun P250k cheque was deposited to her personal account, yun binalik na cheque was again a personal cheque, ginamit muna? Pang office pero Sa personal account pona deposit...

Lahat mga yan self interest

Of course papi namumuro sa personal interest yang mga yan, yun lang pag si Brenda ang nasagi mo eh ma mumuro ka talaga.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Yup. If it was just the money, why return it?

MDS has a bone to pick with JPE... because he really was trying to make a point with the Christmas bonuses, because she and the Cayetanos pissed him off during the RH debates.

After the way he handled the Corona trial, this simply smacks of unprofessionalism.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    malapit na eleksiyon e kaya ganyan si enrile, si mirriam naman aalis na papuntang IJC kaya naghahasik na ng lagim.
    gustong gusto ko yung speech niya na wag daw mangopya ang mga estudyante at baka magaya sa senador pangongopya lang alam.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still believed if everybody received the same amount P1.6M, we'll never hear a single squeak about this.

image-440538566.png

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    malapit na eleksiyon e kaya ganyan si enrile, si mirriam naman aalis na papuntang IJC kaya naghahasik na ng lagim.
    gustong gusto ko yung speech niya na wag daw mangopya ang mga estudyante at baka magaya sa senador pangongopya lang alam.
    Riot talaga yang si Brenda. :hysterical:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I still believed if everybody received the same amount P1.6M, we'll never hear a single squeak about this.

image-440538566.png

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Unfortunately "fair" is not in tanda's vocabulary.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Word war: Enrile vs. Santiago