New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    They are really exploited because they are so called "talents" of the ad agency engaged by Villar to do the campaign jingle. In a sense, they are paid talents.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Namigay daw ng fake Havaiana's si Money V?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If he can do this now and get away with it, paano pa kung naging presidente?

Party-list ads cost P24M, use Villar ‘basura’

MANILA, Philippines—Where did the money come from?

A party-list group claiming to represent poor children has been able to afford television ad placements costing about P24 million with the country’s biggest network, according to an election consortium monitoring campaign spending.

That the party-list group “mimicked” a popular political advertisement of a presidential candidate has raised the eyebrows of a member of the consortium.

Akap Bata appeared to be an “affluent party-list” group because it was able to afford an advertising contract worth P23.6 million with ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp., said Malou Mangahas, executive director of the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ).

“What we are curious about is the spending capacity of Akap Bata as well as its use of the ‘Dagat-ng-Basura’ (Sea-of-Trash) advertisement of Sen. Manuel Villar … Why is it mimicking the ads of someone running for president?” Mangahas said at a press conference Wednesday.

Mangahas raised two questions about Akap Bata’s Dagat-ng-Basura ad. Is it subliminally endorsing Villar and thus circumvents the allotted airtime for each candidate? Is the party-list a marginalized group?

Mangahas pointed out that Akap Bata could afford to spend so much on TV ads even if it was representing a marginalized sector.

“It’s very ingenious!” Mangahas said of the group’s use of Villar’s ad that has had a viral effect on the public.

Akap Bata’s political ad is practically the same as Villar’s “Dagat ng Basura” ad with some minor changes, including the voice over of children’s wishes such as having a home, being able to go to school, and for a parent working overseas to come home.

For the unsuspecting viewer, the ad would seem another endorsement of Villar.

Senatorial candidate Gilbert Remulla, Villar’s spokesperson, said in a text message that “as far as we know, the Akap Bata party-list group is supporting MBV’s (Villar’s initials) candidacy.”

“We concur with what they said and that they paid for the rights and airtime. They are not receiving any logistical support from us,” Remulla said.(***BullS#!***)
    Last edited by Monseratto; March 18th, 2010 at 08:05 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Akap Bata party-list is Villar's own party-list. What ever Money wants, Money gets!!!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I might vote for Villar at least pera nya ginagamit nya or kung meron man iba eh I feel mas malaking chunk sa kanya, and my father said that his campaign is being run like a corporation which I think is good. Gustong gusto ko si Gordon pero hindi sya mananalo so sayang vote ko. When it comes to Aquino naman, wala syang nilabas ni singkong duling (according again to my father who was able to talk to one of the LP managers in Batangas). Ang danger kay Aquino once elected is he's going to be a push over on whoever is oiling his candidacy.

So sa ngayon either Villar or Gordon (but yeah again, parang sayang vote ko kay Gordon).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    I might vote for Villar at least pera nya ginagamit nya or kung meron man iba eh I feel mas malaking chunk sa kanya, and my father said that his campaign is being run like a corporation which I think is good. Gustong gusto ko si Gordon pero hindi sya mananalo so sayang vote ko. When it comes to Aquino naman, wala syang nilabas ni singkong duling (according again to my father who was able to talk to one of the LP managers in Batangas). Ang danger kay Aquino once elected is he's going to be a push over on whoever is oiling his candidacy.

So sa ngayon either Villar or Gordon (but yeah again, parang sayang vote ko kay Gordon).
    Mag Villar ka na lang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post

how come, that, if you VOTE for GORDON it will be sayang?
    c'mon, you make a difference!
    VOTE the candidate whom you want to VOTE for
    and a candidate that you believe that will make a difference.

sorry for being somewhat an Offtopic on this thread.....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Someone hates Gordon so much papaboto nya yung botante sa kalaban ng kanyang manok.

Troll lang ang gumagawa ng ganyang sagot.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oo nga ayaw pa ibalato satin boto ni Froshie1.
    Ano kaya nagawa sa kanya ni Gordon?
    Better yet, ano nakita niya kay Noynoy?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Oo nga ayaw pa ibalato satin boto ni Froshie1.
    Ano kaya nagawa sa kanya ni Gordon?
    Better yet, ano nakita niya kay Noynoy?
    Wala naman, di lang talaga ako bilib siguro dahil sa balatkayo lang si Gordon. Hindi totoo. Well for Noynoy he humanizes the election. As for Villar, the man knows how to manage his organization very well and achieve goals within a certain timeline which means he's efficient, although the people around him are the excess baggage.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Will You Vote Manny Villar for President?